PDA

View Full Version : Brains, Beauty, or Kindness

NoraazXD
04-10-2011, 08:25 AM
I know there is already a poll that asks the question "brains or beauty?," but I thought the addition of kindness would be interesting as well. So, please choose which you would like most in a person and why, or even better rank them from most to least important.

I would pick kindness, because brains and beauty are great but without kindness people aren't very fun to be around.

DancingBear
04-10-2011, 10:56 AM
I picked brains because smart, witty, sarcastic people are more fun to be around than "beautiful" or "kind" people. :P

Isis
04-11-2011, 08:15 AM
It is between brains and kindness. I do not like dumb people, or rude people. but if i have to choose i would say kindness first, then brains.

Embii
04-11-2011, 12:21 PM
I chose kindness, but it was down to an ipdipdoo between Kindness and Brains. I generally prefer witty sarcastic funny intelligent people, and prefer holding conversation with them, but I can't stand really rude obnoxious people.

G.J.
04-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Kindness. Every time.

ThreeNinetyNine
04-11-2011, 01:18 PM
Brains first, beauty second, kindness dead last. Kindness is nice I guess, but brains or beauty are both more fun.

Markbassplayer
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Kindness first, then brains. Physical beauty is the least important, at least for someone I'm in a relationship with--it's so contengent on current societal ideals, and I'm more attracted to brainpower anyway :)

Dinosaur
04-12-2011, 01:32 AM
Was doubting between brains and kindness, but I picked kindness :) I don't get along with stupid people really well, but if they're really sweet, it's ok to me xD

b0ris
04-12-2011, 10:16 AM
It is very good to add "kindness".

It is even better that, as a reply, you can choose only one option.

There is one part missing though: you are missing the factor of availability: What is the benefit of somebody beautiful, smart or kind, when that person is totally unavailable to you?

Though I forewarn you all, this extra factor is killer: Long before this poll, some smart I know pretty well, came up with what is listed here (http://www.murphys-laws.com/murphy/murphy-love.html) as the fourth Law of Love:eek:.

blueboy
04-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Sure witty and funny people are really nice to be around, but if you are around it all the time (like in a relationship) wouldn't you eventually become immune to it.

I personally would prefer a person that "wears their heart on their sleeve" as everyone is smart in their own way.

I believe it it society's imposition of what we view as having brains. Being bright doesn't necessarily mean you are smart and some people who are really smart don't know how to joke or are socially awkward (these people in todays society are generally labled as "geeks" - although I hate that term).

Interesting addition

Dareholic
10-27-2012, 05:04 PM
I find someone with a brain to be very sexy. ;)

beautyheart
10-30-2012, 09:46 AM
kindness bc someone can be beautiful but mean and smart but the rudest person ever

Smokey69
10-30-2012, 03:04 PM
Intelligence is sexy as hell in my opinion ;P

control my coc
10-30-2012, 04:26 PM
brains it's nice to be able to have a intelligent conversation with someone.

Itchynugat
10-30-2012, 04:56 PM
I chose brains, but really it's a 'brains and..' answer. If she's brainy and kind but unattractive, we're probably in the friend zone. If she's brainy and beautiful, but unkind, but in the frenemy, or possibly fun nemesis catagory, wherein we have excellent conversation, then try to destroy each other.