PDA

View Full Version : Rep problem

SubMissChievous
12-25-2007, 09:17 PM
I've added + rep to 4 members recently. Each time I had to leave the comments box empty because it would not work otherwise. If I enter a comment, it doesn't work...:confused: Don't know if it's just me or anyone else has had that problem...

I've added to Psychoclaw & Swooper & 2 others I can't remember right now... Would have liked to remember what I wanted to say in those comments or remember who the other 2 are... But I have short-term memory (I'm gettin close to 30, you know, lol)

Is it normal? (The rep thing I mean! :D)

Merlin
12-26-2007, 12:14 AM
I've added + rep to 4 members recently. Each time I had to leave the comments box empty because it would not work otherwise. If I enter a comment, it doesn't work...:confused: Don't know if it's just me or anyone else has had that problem...

I've added to Psychoclaw & Swooper & 2 others I can't remember right now... Would have liked to remember what I wanted to say in those comments or remember who the other 2 are... But I have short-term memory (I'm gettin close to 30, you know, lol)

Is it normal? (The rep thing I mean! :D)Yes thats normal as soon as you reach 30 you will die immediately :D Hmm that means less than a year for me to dare people :)

To the real question didn't have a problem with the rep system but I didnt use it during the last few days

depp
12-26-2007, 09:23 PM
Rep problem fixed. If anyone else is having a problem just hold CTRL+SHIFT+ALT while they click refresh in their browser. This will force it to load the new javascript and fix the problem.

You can always test this by giving other users REP and leaving a comment :D

SubMissChievous
12-28-2007, 09:45 PM
I think I've figured something out... When I add rep & sign Chloé it doesn't work but if I sign Chloe, it does... So if you add rep to someone, don't be french-speaking, lol

lucky
12-29-2007, 08:15 AM
well I've had the same rep problem yesterday without using anything else than letters on keyboard. Maybe too many letters in comment?

Edit tested on depp :) now it works.

Tony12
12-29-2007, 01:59 PM
Someone bad repped me for nothing :(!
Does that put rep down 1? :S

SubMissChievous
12-29-2007, 02:14 PM
Someone bad repped me for nothing :(!
Does that put rep down 1? :S
I don't know... Some rep mysteries have been demystified in this thread:

http://www.getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=5520

But some still remains...

I must admit that I'm still a bit confused about them myself, lol

lucky
12-29-2007, 03:09 PM
next good rep covers bad rep;) don't worry.

StylishKidInTheRiot
12-29-2007, 04:56 PM
I got good rep but no comment Chloe, so one might've been me.

Sum
12-30-2007, 04:48 AM
I have a rep problem, though completly different. Browsing with opera 9.5 clicking give rep puts the rep box waaaaaaaaayyyyyyy down from where it should be.

Say rep click is here...

the box opens here. :confused:

So i've been having to open it in a new tab. It's only been doing this since the upgrades, it does it a little bit with the other pop up box things as well but not quite as bad.

Tony12
12-31-2007, 05:21 AM
Ive noticed some of the rep boxes are grey and some are green...
What does this mean?
Red=Bad so i don't think its bad!

Merlin
12-31-2007, 06:14 AM
Ive noticed some of the rep boxes are grey and some are green...
What does this mean?
Red=Bad so i don't think its bad!its positive rep but the person who gave it was to new/not enough posts to add to your rep... If the person gets "high" enough they will turn green and you will get the rep... (or something like that :D)

Sum
01-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Something that lydiab6 had pointed out to me, though i'd noticed it before. The message when you give negitive rep is the same as when you give positive rep.

Could it be set up so the negitive says something different, and maybe some notes on how to contact admins if you think there's a major problem with the person you're de-repping?

MasterPain
01-02-2008, 09:01 AM
you know i dont mind the bad rep.., but it would be nice if the person that leaves the bad rep doesent leave a comment of "Idiot" as a comment, something constructive would have been nice.

Its in my blog

Glutgod
01-09-2008, 08:27 PM
you know i dont mind the bad rep.., but it would be nice if the person that leaves the bad rep doesent leave a comment of "Idiot" as a comment, something constructive would have been nice.

Its in my blog

I agree if something like this happens we should be able to have the rep removed by a mod.

lydiab6
01-14-2008, 11:41 PM
I thought that Grey rep was a rep comment without a negative or positive swing.

Davros
01-15-2008, 03:38 PM
I thought that Grey rep was a rep comment without a negative or positive swing.

You can post either neg or pos. nothing in between. I think the grey is rep given by someone who hasn't got the right *mystery stuff* to give red or green.

lydiab6
01-15-2008, 05:20 PM
oh, ok. Mystery stuff is fun, you can do all kinds of mysterious things with it.

lucky
01-16-2008, 04:23 PM
I think rep gets annoying: at least when someone low level tries to give rep... just forbid him instead of allowing him give not counted (gray) rep. As I want to answer a topic... if I see a kid answering by giving disagree rep for nothing instead of just answer a damn topic I get annoyed and forget what I intended to post. I also can give bad rep to anyone I like... just for fun.

Or, at least, a good thing is to post the rep giver, the rest is up to us. I personally don't swear in more than one PM to a single user.