PDA

View Full Version : Video games!

Muffinz
08-12-2005, 04:17 AM
Top 5. Kgo.

In no order:

1) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES)
2) Final Fantasy X (PS2)
3) DDR Max: Dance Dance Revolution (PS2)
4) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (PS)
5) Katamari Damacy (PS2)

I had to leave so many out. :( That sucked.

chain
08-12-2005, 07:08 PM
dude best vid games ever r not tat at all:

5. Shinobi
4. Medal Of Honor Rising Sun
3. Grand Theft Auto III
2. Madden 2006
Nd the best vid game ever is...

Drumroll pleaz

da da da da da da da

1. SMACKDOWN VS. RAW :!: :!: :!: :idea:

Muffinz
08-12-2005, 10:21 PM
I didnt say best ever. I said your top 5. If we were going for best ever, my list would have been completely different...those are just my top 5 of the minute.

Pfft. Wrestling games. :rolleyes:

userben
08-15-2005, 02:44 PM
1.halo2/ black hawk down (xbox) both good games for xbox live
3.tiger woods pga tour
4.grand theif auto vice city (ps2)
5.command and conquer (pc)

Muffinz
08-15-2005, 07:49 PM
1.halo2/ black hawk down (xbox) both good games for xbox live
3.tiger woods pga tour
4.grand theif auto vice city (ps2)
5.command and conquer (pc)

Vice City was okay. Better than GTAIII or San Andreas anyway. I despise Halo 2's single-player...but it is fun on Xbox Live. I just think it's funny when guys tease me in the pre-game lobby because I'm a girl, and then get their asses annihilated. Seems to be quite a blow to the self-esteem.

cheesy dude
12-07-2005, 10:25 AM
the best one ever is 1. battle for middle earth
2. star wars battle front 1&2

Muffinz
12-26-2005, 07:46 PM
asiudhncquicgvb!!

I *LOVE* your avatar, i_hate_briefs. Lovelovelove. <3!!

depp
12-27-2005, 03:09 AM
1: Grim Fandango
2: Sam and Max : Hit The Road
3: Final Fantasy 7
4: Day of the Tenticle
5: Alice
6: Full Throttle
7: Max Payne (1 & 2)
8: The Longest Journey
.. and many more that I would love to list ;)

Burning_Angel
03-20-2006, 12:48 AM
just curious, has anyone else noticed that in EVERY grand theft auto game, if you stop and look down, all the newspapers have the same headline? "zombie elvis found!" just something intresting to look for next time you play. its rather funny!

Glutgod
05-19-2006, 08:05 PM
Oh yea vedieo games...Ummm God I forgot...OH yea! Halo muther freakin' 1 AND 2!!!!!!!! Sorry that was a long post I kinda feel noobish for reading it so I'm going to change it but of corse I like first person shoooter games In order 1. halo 2 (Xbox live)
2. halo 1 (Xbox Live) 3. Rainbow six 3 (Xbox live) 4. mercinaries playground of distruction (fun with the cheats.) 5. Gantlet the dark legecy (Wooo lvl 90 in that game lol feel like a noob but it is fun and they do have cheats for it but I don't use them yay!)

Glutgod
06-15-2006, 01:31 PM
3: Final Fantasy 7

Yea my sis's obsessed with final fantasy she like hits me when I touch her game...

depp
06-15-2006, 05:27 PM
I never really understood the Halo craze. It always seemed like just another shooter to me. This is coming from a guy who thinks Grim Fandango (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grim_Fandango) is the closest thing to perfection and true art the game industry has ever produced. Go figure.

Glutgod
06-15-2006, 08:25 PM
I never really understood the Halo craze.

I'm one of the people but I think that it just felt a lot more realistic and a lot of maps wide variety of guns I dunno and its has a lot of glitches you can do and most almost every thing you can ask for. Lol when I was playing it felt like I was master cheif (main character) beccuse I like the game that much. But I guess it just became one of the best...(In my opinion.)

To tell you the truth I really don't know why I like the game so much...

depp
06-16-2006, 03:20 AM
To be fare I just never really got into it. Played for a few hours. I would imagine it becomes more addicting and engaging as time goes by.

Glutgod
06-16-2006, 05:42 PM
To be fare I just never really got into it. Played for a few hours. I would imagine it becomes more addicting and engaging as time goes by.

Yea if you play longer and get in to it more it becomes better,like a book, because you don't just read the first like 4 pages and decide if its good or not you have to play or read longer and get in to it. Also Xbox live makes the game 10 times more fun because it is differen't every time.

Muffinz
07-04-2006, 08:48 AM
I miss playing Halo 2. When my boyfriend and I broke up, he took the Xbox. =(

I was pretty effing good too, if I do say so myself. =P

Manbearpig
07-04-2006, 09:59 AM
nba live 06
ridge racers 64 (old n64 game)
mvp baseball 06
fifa 06
tiger woods pga tour (2005 and 2006)

Glutgod
07-16-2006, 12:02 AM

Aww... Well good luck gtryin' to find a boyfriend with a xbox lol I can't wait for halo 3 to come out but I have to buy a Xbox 360...

Angelic___xox
10-02-2006, 05:36 PM
In no specific order:

1. Super Mario Bros. (SNES)
2. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
3. Super Smash Bros. (N64)
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee (GCN)
5. Mario Kart DS (DS)
6. Animal Crossing: Wild World (DS)
7. Metroid Prime 2 (GCN)
8. Resident Evil 4 (GCN) -- The Lake Beast scared me. :( I jumped out of my seat.

lokelake
05-14-2009, 10:45 AM
Yay, I brought back a 2006 thread

I will stick with top 5, incase this thead asked for the top 5.

Also, in no particular order

Zelda: Ocirina of Time

Mario Party 4

Fire Embelm, gba

Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising

Punch out!! nes (soon to be punch out!! wii)

XkecoXchanX
05-14-2009, 01:17 PM
ummm This is goingto be way more then five...so i'll put it into 5 catigories.
1. All the Zelda games
2. All the Sims games
3.all the Mario games
4. All the Final Fantasy games
5. All the Kingdom Hearts games

So yeah lol.

Komodo Jones
05-14-2009, 04:06 PM
Top 5 (In no particular order)

-"Super Mario Galaxy" Wii
-"Kingdom Hearts" PS2
-"Professor Layton and the Curious Vilage" DS
-"Mega Man X" SNES
-"Final Fantasy VIII" PS1

BettyBoop
05-15-2009, 08:31 AM

This just made me laugh,
'Oh I miss the XBOX, stuff the boyfriend though'
:D

pranadevil
05-15-2009, 09:49 AM
While the order of mine can vary, the top 5 rarely change too much.

So currently, in reverse order:

5 - Guitar Hero/Rock Band
I'm essentially lumping all games in the one title (GH 1, 2, 3, WT + "add on packs", along with RB 1 + 2) as they're all the same game at heart. but the fact is it has so much life in it when you begin editing the game itself (Hooray for Activision allowing people to do so publically as well as long as charts of songs that get made for other games aren't allowed ^_^)

4 - Sonic Adventure
So many people view this as Sonic's downturn, I view it as the last good quality Sonic game. Okay, it was buggy as all hell and you could be legging it down a path one minute and be falling into oblivion the next. However the game itself was entertaining hugely, it had a ton of replayability through trying to get the emblems, and the story was pretty good as well. My only flaw with it was that god awful fishing smeg with Big The Cat.

3 - Resident Evil 4 (Wii version only!)
Okay, I'll explain the Wii version only bit at the end, but first... I'll just explain the love for the Wii version.
First the story is really well done, the game is dark, and even has some weird comical humour (shooting the water at before the boat section for instance), though that's not all that prevailant.
The controls are hugely accessable as well, just point and fire (the Wii was made for these games), it's not a hard game at all, but it's tough enough to make it a relative challenge, and it has plenty to keep you going back (that infinite magnum gun is the best weapon just for shits and giggles, especially when you wipe out the first boss before his feet hit the floor).
As for why it's Wii version only... I recently got to try the PS2 version (as I got rid of my Wii a while back, and Resi 4 is the only game really worthy of being missed on that console thus far), and christ on a bike and the twelve disciples on a twelve seater tandem... the controls suck so damned much I couldn't believe it. It's nigh on impossible to hit anything, and you spend more time waving the cursor around the screen than actually shooting anything (which, on big battles, tends to become a killer. Literally).
So, outside of the Wii, that game sucks. But on the Wii it's one of the greatest games I've ever played. (Which does show that a good control system does make or break a game).

2 - Donkey Kong Country (1, 2 and 3, and we'll pretend 64 never existed!)
Perhaps the best group of platformers ever (Yes, far and away better than Sonic and Mario), they were unique, handled beautifully, and the levels were pretty expansive and did a lot of things most games at that time had trouble doing.
I'd also say that the 2D platformers were so much better than the 3D ones these days that the DKC games may have been the last really good quality platformers, as while having great graphics they focused on the gameplay (something todays game makers would be advised to take into account more often, graphics do not make a great game), and again, great replayability as you tried to get all the DK coins and bonus coins/levels. Hell, even after completing all 3 games thoroughly about 10 times each I still wind up cracking them open for a good bit of quality gaming.

1 - Doom
I still view it as the greatest FPS game to date. Not the more recent number 3 which was "just another FPS game" but the originals (Doom, Doom 2, & Final Doom), despite being easy as hell to play (no fiddly controls, just forward, back, turn left, turn right. No up and down and pin point accuracy where if you're a pixel out you smegging miss! No, just if the enemy is there, you hit it), it's still a massive challenge.
Instead of hiding an enemy behind camoflague, they just throw a ton of enemies in front of you, and you have to either shot the crap outta them, or leg it. Much much better than the more current games, and much easier to play too.

HeadHunter_t
05-16-2009, 03:12 PM
1) wow (world of warcraft)
2) starcraft
3) farcry 1 and 2
4) redalert 1-3 +addons
5) cod 1,2,3,4,5 (call of duty)
6) fear 1,2