PDA

View Full Version : collage advice

sexypink
01-09-2011, 06:25 PM
ive been at collage for 2 years doing hair and makeup and this year ive been feeling really bored and dont feel like im learning anything. i was just wondering if anyone else is at collage as has felt the same way and if so what can i do to make it more interesting? please dont suggest stupid things cos im not in the mood atm xx

thanks in advanced xx

sweetsong
01-09-2011, 07:17 PM
College can start to feel that way. Just have to remember your goals and dreams. Maybe find a place where you can practice what you are learning? Even though you might not be able to find a job until you finish your education, I know lots of people who volunteer in homeless shelters and the like by cutting hair, doing nails, etc for people who can't afford such things. It makes both the giver and the receiver feel better about themselves. (:

Leopard
01-09-2011, 07:49 PM
Moving this to the Advice Section for you.

sexypink
01-09-2011, 10:33 PM
thanks leo, hope that there will be some help there to make me feel better :) xx

TG32
01-09-2011, 10:46 PM
My advice is study something you love or that applies to something you love. That way even if you feel like you are learning anything, you are still interested in going to class and stuff. For me, I picked a major that I know would let me do something I enjoy. Its a waste of time and money if you go to college to get a degree in something you don't want to do.

Leopard
01-09-2011, 11:00 PM
Note: She's English so College is more like High School generally I believe? Not University America College.

TG32
01-09-2011, 11:01 PM
Ahhh, I see. I do not know what UK college is like. I am at an American University.

Dicedarefan666
01-10-2011, 04:04 AM
I read the title thinking how can you be bored at college? It's mostly drinking/partying with some class thrown in occasionally, but if you're in the UK, then I really don't have an answer. The best I could do would be to say to try and do what you love, and take a personal interest in what you're studying.

Blank
01-10-2011, 05:04 AM
What are you bored off? is it the course your doing? because if your bored of that maybe you could try a different course next year?

Roni
01-11-2011, 05:49 AM
Hmmm hard to give you any adivse right now, maybe you just need to do something different for a while. Try to do something new, if you can then visit different courses on school. I think thats the best advice I could give you right now, do something different for a few months.

BettyBoop
01-11-2011, 04:13 PM
I've only just started College really and I'm not particularly bored but it's not the best part of my day. I'm just trying to get through it, study my hardest and get my A-Levels so I can go to Uni. Not many people are going to love every day of it but you're doing it for a reason so do it the best that you can (: