PDA

View Full Version : Same Sex

HypoMonkey
12-05-2007, 03:53 PM
I know it may be a bit lame... and I don't think i've seen anything like this before but what I want to now is has anyone thought of, dreamt of someone of the same sex even if you arn't, or don't yet know you are "gay"?

To answer my own question I often dream of me and one of my school friends, we are boh male, kissing each other.

Does that sound odd to you?

qwertypete
12-05-2007, 05:10 PM
I've never. And it is very odd, if you call yourself "straight".

LordCaspen
12-05-2007, 05:19 PM
qwertypete,

I respectfully disagree. Sex and sexuality are fluid ... Call yourself straight all you want, but your body and subconscious mind want what they want. Gender and prohibitions on the basis of gender are matters of culture and habit as much as or more than they are matters of biology or any other force.

Looking4somename
12-05-2007, 05:45 PM
qwertypete,

I respectfully disagree. Sex and sexuality are fluid ... Call yourself straight all you want, but your body and subconscious mind want what they want. Gender and prohibitions on the basis of gender are matters of culture and habit as much as or more than they are matters of biology or any other force.
I personnaly believe that biologically, we are all born "stright" and it is our experience that might cause us to like members of the same gender.

There's nothing wrong with being gay, lessbian or bi, but biologically speaking - A male should mate with a female and vice versa. It's that way in all of the speicies that are divided into 2 diffrent genders (male and female.)

Ofcourse guys could like guys and girls could like girls - but it's sort of the exceptional thing in the equation.

Anyway, there's no proven theory or study on the subject, and I don't think there will ever be one, so it's hard to tell.

Again, I want to stress that I am not criticizing gay, lesbian or bi people. I believe that everyone should have the right to love who ever he wants.
If you are offeneded by this message, though I don't think you would, I am sorry.

Back to the topic at hand.
I have never dreamt of having sexual contact with other males, but then again, I never remember any of my dreams (expect maybe one per year. I actually just remembered today a glimpse from a dream I had a week ago. It's rare with me), so who knows?

Edit: I've had a PM that led me to write this response in order to explain things better. I'll include it in this message as well.

Nature has divided most of the speiceis into two genders (male and female.)
When animals have sex, they do it instinctivly with a member of the opposite gender in order to create offsprings.
The nature is not about choice, and most of the life beings do things instinctivly.

When it comes to Humans, though, the factor of choice and emotion gets into the picture.

Therefor, I mentioned that a male should mate with a female and vice versa because this is the way the nature works for all other spiecies.
Notice that I used the word "should" on purpose.
While you should do it this way, you do not have to do it.

I am only talking biologically when I say that you "should" because according to the nature, well... you should.

I'd like to say it again - I personally do not think there's anything wrong with loving whoever you want to love. Just like there's nothing wrong with having a D/s relationship (which most people will lable as "sick" or "wierd")

LordCaspen
12-05-2007, 06:21 PM
I've dreamt of same-sex sex, yes. I wish I'd dream of it more often.

qwertypete
12-05-2007, 06:26 PM
qwertypete,

I'm not trying to offend. I'm saying, I'm straight. If I dreamed about guys, I would find that quite odd.

LordCaspen
12-05-2007, 06:34 PM
qwertypete,

You haven't offended me. I understand now what you said, and I dig it. I would have to say I'd be a little surprised if I dreamt of sex with a woman. A little unnerved, maybe, but also curious and aroused.

alexrules01
12-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Ive wondered what it would be like to "do it" with a guy and thought about it.

The only thing which I dont like is the kissing/affection of 2 guys.
Im not trying to offend anyone either, but I find 2 guys kissing quite disturbing.
I am sorry is someone hates me saying this but that my opinion on the subject.

Merlin
12-06-2007, 05:18 AM
Although i agree with you in some of your points Looking, you are wrong here[...]
Nature has divided most of the speiceis into two genders (male and female.)
When animals have sex, they do it instinctivly with a member of the opposite gender in order to create offsprings.
[...]Some of the "higher" Animals have homosexual sex!

Lets start with my "background" I am straight and i have never dreamed of sex with a man. But my best friend is gay, so you may say that i have some insight in this area too...
As far as i see it you are all mixing 2 things here. There are straight people and there are gay people and there is the great area of bi people. A lot more then most people think! (from my experience maybe 60%) A straight person will never think of having sex with the same sex and a gay person will never think of having sex with the other gender!
We could argue about what makes someone this or that... although the fact that animals are doing it too is pointing at "gens"...i would say that thats not the only influence

Lets also divide the bi people into more groups (with no clear borders!)

- The straight people with minimal fantasies about homosexual sex (bi curious)
- The bi people leaning toward the other gender (prefer the other sex but can have (and have) sex with the same gender too)
- the "real" bi people
- the bi people leaning towards the same gender
- the gay people with minimal fantasies about straight sex ("straight curious")

Now we can talk about the influence of the society. Society can influence people to change one stage in one or the other direction. For example, even "real" bi people will most of the time prefer women just because it is easier in our society (That was different in ancient Greece for example). But the society will never make gay people straight! (Or the other way around)

lydiab6
12-06-2007, 05:43 AM
Also, just to clarify, there really are more than two genders, though they aren't accepted in most of society. Gender and Sex are two different things. Gender is the male, female categorization. Sex is who you like and why, and both are fluid. If you are a woman and say you are 'straight' while you are saying you would like to fuck 'men' you wouldn't just pick up a drunk, smelly, or high bum off the street and say "lets get it on". There are many more qualities aside from the other person being of one gender or another.

To answer the original question:Though I don't really remember my dreams, I know that I have fantasied about doing sexual things with other women.

and I don't think it odd.

dare_man
12-06-2007, 10:15 AM
i have thought about it. i think it could work between me and him eventhough he's straight

xtremedomme
12-08-2007, 07:06 AM
I know it may be a bit lame... and I don't think i've seen anything like this before but what I want to now is has anyone thought of, dreamt of someone of the same sex even if you arn't, or don't yet know you are "gay"?

To answer my own question I often dream of me and one of my school friends, we are boh male, kissing each other.

Does that sound odd to you?

Wow, this one got a lot of response!

First, I identify as "straight", but I've had plenty of sexual activity that included women as well, either as part of a 3-way or just me and another girl together.

Secondly, many animals other than humans exhibit homosexual behavior. Geese, monkeys, penguins and dolphins have all been witnessed having same-gender sexual activity, so to say that it's a matter of upbringing or culture is probably off the mark.

Thirdly, while even the straightest man or woman might not "desire" to have sex with another of their own gender, it's perfectly reasonable to suspect that they might "wonder" about it. In fact, just as HypoMonkey asks his question, people had to "think" about it. I would suspect that it's the higher level thinking that humans possess that would in fact drive the "curiosity" of it, even when such curiosity isn't strong enough to turn into actually exploring or doing anything.

Fourthly, read some of Kinsey's studies - he found that there are six degrees of sexuality - from purely heterosexual (straight) to purely homosexual (gay). About 10% of the population are in either the of the "pure" categories, and the other 80% is somewhere along the spectrum. So while some are purely black or white, many (most) are somewhere in the shades of gray.

Lastly, enjoy your place on the spectrum. Whether you're gay, straight or in the "shades of gray", enjoy it. Find others who can play with you in your space and have a real go at it.

Hugs to all!

LordCaspen
12-08-2007, 12:46 PM
xtremedomme,

What's even better, I think, is that a person's place on this spectrum changes, or is susceptible to change over the course of one's whole life -- where the degree of susceptibility varies, of course, between persons.

xtremedomme
12-09-2007, 06:53 AM
xtremedomme,

What's even better, I think, is that a person's place on this spectrum changes, or is susceptible to change over the course of one's whole life -- where the degree of susceptibility varies, of course, between persons.

Lord Caspen,

You are so correct. It's a matter of having an open mind. I have been in circumstances where I'm with both men and women and in the middle of sex with a man, just reached over and started making out with a woman because the mood struck me as so sensual and erotic.

Those who are open to the transition will enjoy a lot more of their contact with others... but to each their own, and I wish all happiness according to their own likes and dislikes.

random53
12-19-2007, 07:42 PM
yes, ive dreamed of me and my friend kissing, and sometimes wrestling together(naked)...kinda wierd

Buzzlightyear
12-19-2007, 08:13 PM
nadda, although tom cruise does strike me as hot when he's jumping on oprah's couch :P

Dareholic
09-21-2012, 06:02 PM
I have known I was Bi for so long now, that I don't really remember a time before I've known it. Then again, I was raised to just be true to yourself and not care what others may think of you.