PDA

View Full Version : getDare.com Upgrades & Downtime

depp
12-04-2007, 01:52 AM
getDare will be going down Tuesday night December 4th, 2007 while I make upgrades to the forums. I anticipate this upgrade will take a couple hours. The getDare chat will likely not return until a few hours after that.

After the upgrade some things may start acting a little strange around the site. Please have patience with us while I go around fixing these little issues. You can also help by reporting problems I may not be aware of in this thread.

During the updates the forums will be password protected. Don't freak out when you can't get in. :D

After everything is working like it should again a few enhancements to the user profile system will be made. I'll announce this again officially after I have it working.

After this update there is a much larger one still planned. This will take place some time in the next six months and will be a radical re-working of the forums.

UPDATE: I am wayyy too tired to do this update tonight. It will be done sometime in the next couple days. Keep an eye out.

Pikachu
12-04-2007, 02:20 AM
don't worry about it mate depp;)
if you can somehow find a way to improve this great site it must be worth it i can't think of nay possible improvements lol

depp
12-04-2007, 03:29 AM
It seems after looking further into things that this upgrade may be a long one. Just don't expect too much getDare Tuesday night / Wednesday morning. ;)

Sum
12-04-2007, 04:31 AM
Just to save any confusion, what timezone are you talking in? :p

depp
12-04-2007, 05:13 AM
I go by PST (GMT-8). I imagine I will start work around 11:30pm PST and work into the early morning hours.

anonimousbob
12-04-2007, 11:24 AM
thanks, and luckily I will be in bed/out during the updates

Looking4somename
12-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Nice, looking forward to see the changes.

On the note of upgrades, is there any possibility to allow the chat to support webcams? or perhaps make a single room in which the creator can broadcast using his webcam or something?
We (me and a few other people) had this idea yesterday while playing TorD, by the way.

depp
12-04-2007, 04:20 PM
UPDATE: I am wayyy too tired to do this update tonight. It will be done sometime in the next couple days. Keep an eye out.

No webcams for now but there is a possibility for that in the future. I'll look more heavily into that. The biggest hurdle is the cost of streaming video.

Glutgod
12-04-2007, 06:51 PM
Well good luck with any changes you plan on making on this sight. I know it will be for the better. Plus I'll be in bed by then too so its all right with me.

molten man
12-05-2007, 09:58 PM
One question?? Which timezone is PST??

lucky
12-05-2007, 11:33 PM
One question?? Which timezone is PST??

He already said PST (Pacific Standard Time) is GMT -8.

Check this: http://www.clocklink.com/world_clock.php

depp
12-12-2007, 07:50 PM
Ok, I just finished with this update. If you see anything strange or experience any new bugs please let me know.

chain
12-12-2007, 08:11 PM
So like...is this the major update or no?

P.S. What is your profile picture? (not avatar)

depp
12-12-2007, 08:13 PM
This was a major update. Some new features might have arrived! ...possibly

My profile pic is from D.E.B.S. the movie

chain
12-12-2007, 08:14 PM
Cool can't wait to see the features!

18-m-uk-master
12-13-2007, 01:37 PM
erm is it me or is the chat still down?? also depp have you considered a userplane type of chat?? that would be cool with the ability to send cam and audio

Davros
12-13-2007, 01:49 PM
erm is it me or is the chat still down?? also depp have you considered a userplane type of chat?? that would be cool with the ability to send cam and audio

I guess cam/audio isn't going to be on because there's a strict age policy on the site and you can't have nudity etc... anyway, we have Yahoo, AIM and MSN for that!

And he's working on the chat (which looks amazing)!

lucky
12-13-2007, 03:56 PM
started it? chat down? :eek: