PDA

View Full Version : Would you survive?

Bart
12-12-2010, 02:56 PM
If it was the end of humankind and you were one of the few remaining would you be able to survive?

Prometheus117
12-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Well apart from the simple yes or no answer, I assume that you are wanting more description than that.
Also how has the world ended? Nuclear holocaust, airborne disease, flooding, zombies it all changes everything!

BettyBoop
12-12-2010, 02:58 PM
What exactly are we surviving?

spiritualxtc
12-12-2010, 02:59 PM
It depends on the nature of the Armageddon and the circumstances. One of my favorite ones to think about is zombie apocalypse. So this assumes that the virus, if it is a virus, either does not have a 100% infection rate or it isn't air-born. If it is either of these, then you're pretty much gone. It also depends on if you're in the heart of a metropolis when it happens, as that drastically reduces your chances.

But assuming that it's a situation where it's like everyone or most of everyone is dead and you're still alive, the cities are shells of what they used to be and there aren't any walking dead milling through the streets?

I could survive pretty easily.

Dawotch
12-12-2010, 03:03 PM
I would survive, years of training has saw to that.

Jacques
12-12-2010, 03:11 PM
I would survive, years of training has saw to that.

Not if survival involved grammatical accuracy clearly...

I have to point out that on the premise of the question- if you were one of the few remaining humans, you would have survived already..., and the end of humankind precludes survivors (except animals)

adam1963p
12-12-2010, 03:21 PM
I am a God. So therefore I would. I believe. I think. I hope. please

spiritualxtc
12-12-2010, 03:23 PM

I have to point out that on the premise of the question- if you were one of the few remaining humans, you would have survived already..., and the end of humankind precludes survivors (except animals)

I think he means for what comes after. You survive the Armageddon, but do you have the skills, ingenuity and strength of character to continue to survive?

If you get a kindle with a solar power pack, throw in a few edible plant guides and survival manuals, you should be fine. Won't be living in luxury, but you'll live.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Probably not, no :D

MR.Not To Nerdy
12-12-2010, 03:38 PM
I think it depends on so much. Like it was said before, how the end of the world happened (there are way to many possibilities to list ), are you near a workable water source, what kind of food is available, is shelter possible, any predators, do you have a reason to want to survive, etc...

I think I'd have a pretty good chance, not to sound arrogant or anything, but if I made it past the initial end of the world and had good surroundings, I think I'd make it.

Anjelen
12-12-2010, 04:02 PM
If i can pack a small kit of supplies; Axe, knife, saw, flint and steel, canteen(s), water, if at all possible a (small) tent - i would survive.

Depending on the availability of food, i would survive easilly - less so if i'd have to hunt for my self; while i can, technically hunt and have before, i still do not know how to prepare a kill for food.

Oh well. i'd learn. :3

Kisune Karnon
12-12-2010, 08:45 PM
Depending on the nature of the Armageddon. If it were a normal survival situation(no zombies or nucleur, etc.) i could.

Remember
12-12-2010, 10:06 PM

There should be a comma after "accuracy"

white orchid
12-13-2010, 07:11 AM
Since i know how to use a firearm, or make a spear, or a harpoon, or a net, fish, hunt, prepare fish/animals. I'm pretty much sorted. unless there are millions of zombies around, but i'm in New Zealand, it would be hard to die in a country like this, not like you get get lost in a desert or anything, although i would probably go crazy and kill myself anyway.... unless i have some human contact, preferably female... then re-population of the world can happen.

i guess it comes down to how the majority of humans died. if it was the sun exploding, and killing everything.. chances are i won't survive.

sweetsong
12-13-2010, 07:50 AM
I know how to raise a garden and how to fish. So as long as I had some shelter and a blanket, I guess I could survive. :P

muffinfairy
12-13-2010, 10:44 AM
If it was the end of humankind and you were one of the few remaining would you be able to survive?

If it was the end of humankind, then whoever was still alive would soon die off. Otherwise it wouldn't be the end of humankind.

TLDR;
No

WowwieGoesWoof
12-13-2010, 06:50 PM
I'd like to think so. I'm fairly resourceful and I would do anything to survive at that point.

Cuffed
12-14-2010, 06:44 AM
I would run around in circles like a complete idiot hoping someone would save me.
Yay innocence.

Dareholic
09-27-2012, 06:25 PM
Probably, then again, I do have an High I.Q. so I would no what to do.

samantha69
09-27-2012, 07:39 PM
As many people have indicated, judging our chances depends to a considerable extent on just what kind of disaster are we surviving.

However, My husband and I are both good shots (at least on a target range) and so are both of our kids.

We do not live within a major city. We do have a small home garden (and we do know how to grow things). We also tend to keep a larger than average amount of food around and we both know how to prepare food. We do not do much hunting or fishing (okay, to be honest, no hunting or fishing in years), but we do know how.

So... nothing is guaranteed, but I think we would have better than average chances...

Faskwa
09-29-2012, 05:55 PM
Probably, then again, I do have an High I.Q. so I would no what to do.

CLEARLY. Lol, sorry, I just had to. :3

And assuming its a zombie apocalypse, I would survive. I don't have much friends and I'm not emotionally influenced, so people I know dyeing (or zombie-fying) won't be a problem. And thanks to the years of my childhood being filled with gruesome dead bodies in videogames, I'd say my desensitization would be a large benefit.

And I've watched Zombieland, thats pretty much the one true guide to survival in a zombie appocalypse. Can't forget to double-tap. Oh, but I need to find a gun somewhere. Hmm... I'm sure one of my neighbors has one. And I'd find a german shepherd so I could feel like Will Smith in I Am Legend.

But ya, I'd be fine.

simonee
09-29-2012, 06:24 PM
Probably. I was a Girl Scout lol

puppyplay
09-29-2012, 09:57 PM
I read the zombie survival guide.
I know my shit.

rhode64
09-30-2012, 03:08 AM
I would hopefully survive due to being a scout for years and my army survival training .

revealed
10-05-2012, 01:21 AM
It would depend on how the world had ended, what was left in the way of plants, food, water etc. What enemies there were out there. I can't really say whether or not I would survive with out a more detailed question, however I hope I would have the ability to survive.