PDA

View Full Version : new format of the forums

hovie907
11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
You could change the format of things... like instead of orange, put another color or a picture or something. You could hold a lil competition where people who want to submit a pic of their dare and they have to tell who they were dared by and a copy of the post made by the original darer (person who dared other person called the daree.) so that way its a real dare and not just someone standing a crazy pic that has nothing to do with dares. Also, You could update the box and the dares that you can get if u want to play dare by yourself where it ask u for truth or dare g or pg.

Davros
11-30-2007, 01:03 PM
Nice idea. I reckon we should have a Christmas theme for December... how about a new theme every month? For example, February would be red and hearts for valentines day, november would be fireworks etc

xxxMichellexxx
11-30-2007, 01:09 PM
We had a new look this year I believe where the tabs that say Dare, TorD Online, Truth, etc. were changed from black to white. I don't think the themes for each month would work simply because depp doesn't have the time

Davros
11-30-2007, 01:11 PM
Maybe not every month then, but every so often. The little changes are appreciated (apologies if spelt wrong) and I understand the site should remain recognisable, but the odd new colour update would be brilliant!

analwhore1987
11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
I agree.. maybe every couple months, just change the orange & blue to different colors..

Sum
11-30-2007, 09:53 PM
i don't see the point of changing colour of things for the sake of it. I remember posting after this colour scheme came in that i thought it was ugly. But at least the contrast of colours meant it was clear and readable and easy on the eye.

If you start changing colour schemes month by month you're going to quickly run out of designs that work. If in doubt ask your self how google looked in 1999 (http://web.archive.org/web/19990428171538/http://google.com/) and how it looks now (http://www.google.com)
Once you've hit on something that is easily readable why go changing things for he sake of it?

Davros
12-01-2007, 05:18 AM
Well, yeah, it's easy to read and a great "default", but keeping the same layout / colours forever is a little boring. Every website makes small changes every now and again.

depp
12-01-2007, 05:35 AM
While I am not opposed to changing the design I would rather allocate my time towards adding new features or upgrading software. To be honest I never really thought about changing the look of the forums again until now. At least we got rid of the ugly red color scheme. I cringe when I look at my backups.

hovie907
12-01-2007, 03:05 PM
If time is a problem making this forum stand out from the rest and changing dares in the t or d box u can play on your on, then I volunteer my time to help in any way. if depp would like to make me a assistant moderator, then he can feel free to contact me either here, on an im or even at [email protected]

I have some time right now before school starts in august and even then i think i can spare 30 mins a month changing it. sorry depp, i didnt mean to bring up a controversial issue but an update is needed i feel more than once a year. like i said, i will be glad to take up the responsibility and if he approves me as an assistant moderator, then all updates will be approved by him before changes take the actual place.

DaVance
12-01-2007, 03:59 PM
Hey Depp,

I suggest thinking about Hovie's request to volunteer. I'm sure as your site grows the admin reponsibilities grow a whole lot more too. And you're right you need to spend your time on the bigger issues. I think Hovie shows he's interested, he's sincere about it, and he said all the right things. Nothing wrong with letting him get a little experience. So maybe off-line talk to him about it.

depp
12-02-2007, 05:44 AM
I've responded to hovie907. I am always open to help around the site :)