PDA

View Full Version : Help please

Sum
11-27-2007, 12:12 PM
As you may be aware coyote's having computer problems and has handed this (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/forumdisplay.php?f=18) story over to me.

The problem is i know nothing about poker really as in the technical details, i think i could write around the emotion and thing of it if someone could help me with that part.

Once I'm passed that we can start to get to something more interesting than the this build up.

lucky
11-27-2007, 03:56 PM
try a computer strip poker, there are a lot on the net. Now depends what kind of poker, I don't know anything about "american poker" with 7 cards or something. I know only the clasic:

- 5 cards each + first round bet
- bet more (usually when you have at least one big card or pair don't remember, but you can fake)
or fold/drop (you lose the first round bet)
- the next one can RAISE your bet (paying yours and his add) or CALL (pay the difference so everyone remained in the game payed the same
- Change cards: usually you change no more than 3 but in some games you are allowed.
- bet/raise/drop/call again
- when called everyone's hands are shown, the one having the best cards wins the bet as following:

Took from somewhere else (to be good in English)

Ranking of hands
1. Straight flush (the best straight flush hand: A-K-Q-J-T, all of the same suit)
2. Four-of-a-kind (the best four-of-a-kind hand: A-A-A-A-K)
3. Full house (the best full house hand: A-A-A-K-K)
4. Flush (the best flush hand: any Ace-high flush)
5. Straight (the best straight hand: A-K-Q-J-T)
6. Three-of-a-kind (the best three-of-a-kind hand: A-A-A-K-Q)
7. Two-pair (the best two-pair hand: A-A-K-K-Q)
8. One-pair (the best one-pair hand: A-A-K-Q-J)
9. No-pair (the best high hand: A-K-Q-J-9)

For more information do a google search on poker rules. For example I've found this one but haven't read all from them but it seems to explain it good:
http://www.pokerlistings.com/poker-rules

For strip poker: when someone loses the money he would sell clothes.

There is a simplified strip poker game: no betting
- 5 cards, everyone changes 1-3 cards according to what they feel like they would accomplish. The one having the worst cards would lose one piece of clothing.

Coyote
11-27-2007, 04:09 PM
Hey man i am at my friends house until friday so i can use his computer until then so I can help with the story

Sum
11-27-2007, 04:15 PM
woohoo, the originator of the story!!
We just need to get past the actually poker part.
What do you think of the style i'm taking it in?

God god your new avatar's hot!