PDA

View Full Version : Private Messages

Swooper
11-20-2007, 07:28 PM
I know there are a lot of people that private people with random things like give me a dare or something and I don't expect people to answer those messages. But when a message has been sent to someone that has some purpose or form about it, at least have the decency to reply to it.

Someone has taken time to message you, because they have found you interesting, or want to talk to you to get to know you. If that is the case, at least answer them and tell them if your not interested or talk to them back.

Or is manners falling from this society? This is just my take, I know I have sent a few private messengers, some asking questions about the person, others asking a specific question but usually after I have checked the profile out first.

I will not send a private message without checking out the profile to see if they are into the same things I am etc, so again I have found you interesting or there is something I want to talk to you about at that point in time.

Again this is just my take, feel free to agree or disagree.

TheLittleStrawberry
11-21-2007, 12:04 AM
I know there are a lot of people that private people with random things like give me a dare or something and I don't expect people to answer those messages. But when a message has been sent to someone that has some purpose or form about it, at least have the decency to reply to it.

Someone has taken time to message you, because they have found you interesting, or want to talk to you to get to know you. If that is the case, at least answer them and tell them if your not interested or talk to them back.

Or is manners falling from this society? This is just my take, I know I have sent a few private messengers, some asking questions about the person, others asking a specific question but usually after I have checked the profile out first.

I will not send a private message without checking out the profile to see if they are into the same things I am etc, so again I have found you interesting or there is something I want to talk to you about at that point in time.

Again this is just my take, feel free to agree or disagree.

Well, you MIGHT take the time to show interest in the member. But many other members just write a message, make copies of it, and throw it around, hoping it sticks to something. These member do NOT have ionterest in anyone but themselves.

Also, if it's a decent message it's ok. But messages like "Can u dare me?" "ar u sleav or mastr" are just annoying.

Pikachu
11-21-2007, 02:23 AM
posts and threads are funner than pm's more public...:p

omg omg omg my 100th post i feel good about myself for the first time in god knows how long lol

TheLittleStrawberry
11-21-2007, 03:23 AM
posts and threads are funner than pm's more public...:p

omg omg omg my 100th post i feel good about myself for the first time in god knows how long lol

Pfft... Why do people get so crazed over post count... I hadn't noticed I have 400+ posts untill Masterpain told me :p.

Pikachu
11-21-2007, 03:31 AM
yeah but your special and awsome i am a nobody who is entertained by even the minorist of achievements in life

chain
11-21-2007, 09:06 AM
When USASlaveGurl became a mod she had 80 or so posts. When I became admin I probably had about 350 or 400. Post counts aren't that important.

TheLittleStrawberry
11-21-2007, 09:17 AM
yeah but your special and awsome i am a nobody who is entertained by even the minorist of achievements in life

Defensiveness....

I was just teasing you playfully :S

I'll stop though.

xxxMichellexxx
11-21-2007, 01:41 PM
When USASlaveGurl became a mod she had 80 or so posts. When I became admin I probably had about 350 or 400. Post counts aren't that important.

when caitlincait became a mod she had 10 posts according to an old post I found. Muffinz is currently a mod and has 83 posts although she doesn't go on much anymore

brownie
11-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Anyways back to the subject,

I do agree 100% if u right to some1 at least reply back, but this is also a compacted subject. because sometimes...
1.in a bad mood
2. so many r pming u
3. they r bugging u

Pikachu
11-23-2007, 06:12 AM
Defensiveness....

I was just teasing you playfully :S

I'll stop though.

don't be defensiveness little strawberry i still love you ;) and i was joking around continue to tease me infact tease everyone lolipop ha thats jsut a really lame longer version of lol that will never catch on... and don't stop its what makes you a ood person on getdare besides the whole respect thing kindness thing and all...oh and the fact you alwasy offer advice and help out in fact you are jsut one of getdares special people...thats a good thing

btw i was paying you a complement before i am aactually not that bad for a mortal bein but your one of those immortal people that smite people like me

TheLittleStrawberry
11-23-2007, 07:09 AM
don't be defensiveness little strawberry i still love you ;) and i was joking around continue to tease me infact tease everyone lolipop ha thats jsut a really lame longer version of lol that will never catch on... and don't stop its what makes you a ood person on getdare besides the whole respect thing kindness thing and all...oh and the fact you alwasy offer advice and help out in fact you are jsut one of getdares special people...thats a good thing

btw i was paying you a complement before i am aactually not that bad for a mortal bein but your one of those immortal people that smite people like me

oh.. I thought you had taken offense to what I said :)
I'm glad you didn't. I like you, and you're a very contributing member to this site :D.

Pikachu
11-23-2007, 07:12 AM
oh.. I thought you had taken offense to what I said :)
I'm glad you didn't. I like you, and you're a very contributing member to this site :D.

thx i don't really know what to say...when i have spread some more rep around you will get some rep or that utmost kind remark

Davros
12-11-2007, 01:40 PM
Glad we have a "Report" option now. Used it a good 5-10 times within a week!

Swooper
12-21-2007, 07:52 AM
To reply to my earlier thread, yes it is more fun to post, but if someone and their profile attracts you to them and they write a decent letter like,

Hi my nick is Swooper I am X yrs old, I came across your profile and would like to know if you would like to chat a bit more, I ...

And is a proper pm and not just some random asl, or are you a master or slave, but a proper pm, then if that person has taken the time to write to you, at least have the common courtesy to write them back and say that you don't want more friends, or that you would like to get to know them more.

That way your not waiting to hear back from someone, and are not getting frustrated at non responses that you send.

Davros
12-21-2007, 09:53 AM
At the end of the day, though, I think you can do whatever you wish. I don't always reply to PMs, naff or well-constructed.

However, if there's a valid reason (ie. I saw your post ...) then fair enough.

lucky
12-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I think I would post later into the SM area a text, too much to read, just to see how many pm's I would get and how many offtopic answers... I am working on an experiment so please admins excuse me for a future possible wrong title there (part of the experiment), I just hope I would finish that post later and not get busy again... (I'm rarely online here lately)