PDA

View Full Version : Getdare idea

MasterPain
11-17-2007, 05:40 PM
i know that it can be worked out some where....

how about limiting the use of personal messages untell the user posted a minimum of 1(one) message!

i dont know where i seen it but you needed a post count before you could send out pms..

that might be a idea

Insomnia
11-17-2007, 05:41 PM
or only reply until you reach 10 or something?

brownie
11-17-2007, 05:50 PM
i think people should be able to do what ever they wont on this site, no matter how much post they have replied.

Swooper
11-17-2007, 06:05 PM
What about people who ghost on this site? They are active but they lerk and keep with everything that is going and then send messengers to people? There are quite a number of them from what I can gather.

brownie
11-17-2007, 06:19 PM
whats wrong with that?

Sum
11-17-2007, 06:47 PM
I can see reasons for and against that idea, for it would reduce the amount of people just signing up and spamming others with pm's as they'd be forced to speak out publicly first. Against it would force people to speak publicly when they may be nervous to or have nothing constructive to say, so the spamming could move from pm's the the board it self.

brownie
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
i know that it can be worked out some where....

how about limiting the use of personal messages untell the user posted a minimum of 1(one) message!

i dont know where i seen it but you needed a post count before you could send out pms..

that might be a idea

what if i said you needed 1000 post to pm, that would mean that nobody but 1 person could pm, can u guess who?

also there are poeple who dont do dare like me an u, some people use it to talk to there family. theres more then 1 use for this website

xxxMichellexxx
11-17-2007, 09:34 PM
the PM system is actually the most popular part of the site, depp gave a number once let me see if I can find it

brownie
11-17-2007, 09:36 PM
the PM system is actually the most popular part of the site, depp gave a number once let me see if I can find it

that would be interesting.

xxxMichellexxx
11-17-2007, 10:04 PM
that would be interesting.

Ok I thought he said most popular part of the site... guess not but it is up there!

Some people mainly come here to PM. We have over 22,000 PMs sent to date. ;)

This is from June 18th 2007

brownie
11-17-2007, 10:10 PM
most be more then that now, i alone, send at least 500pms

Glutgod
11-18-2007, 08:01 AM
I sent at least 200 but about the post limit I don't think that would be very fair, it would annoy people and stop them from joining, if that happened back thetn I might not be here.

Marc
11-19-2007, 01:41 AM
most be more then that now, i alone, send at least 500pms

Hmmm, we know! As long as you are not spamming other members with unwanted pm, brownie....!

Looking4somename
11-23-2007, 11:59 AM
I disagree.
There are a lot of people that are sort of "ghosts," that don't enjoy posting messages, but do send PMs. We should not limit them.

I personally have about 150 PMs I sent and recieved so far, and that's more than my post count.

Like it or not - private stuff should be kept to PMs and not posted around the forum. That's called spamming.

I say - leave it as it is. Don't mess with something that works.

Simple_me
11-23-2007, 03:04 PM
I agree with above.

although i disagree with bownie, i highly doubt that anyone uses get dare to contact their family. highly doubt.

oh, and want is spelt w a n t. not wont.

Hugs and Kisses xx
Me

depp
11-23-2007, 04:12 PM
I know of many users who have never posted (or only posted once) but are online every day using the PM system. I think the most fair solution is to aggressively report spam.

Pikachu
11-23-2007, 11:08 PM
I know of many users who have never posted (or only posted once) but are online every day using the PM system. I think the most fair solution is to aggressively report spam.

hear hear

if we limit pms that could potentially be problematic........i used to only send pms now its more other way around thank lord

lets just report spam as for me i have never been pmed spam....

i like cheese