PDA

View Full Version : Buying 'toys' whilst living with family

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 07:10 AM
My dilemma is thus: I live with my family but want to buy certain 'toys' to help in BDSM-ing. Any suggestions as to how I can do it?

Dice7
11-11-2007, 07:29 AM
Well what kind of things do you want to get? Small things like Dildos handcuffs and all that kind of thing are easy enough to hide.

SubMissChievous
11-11-2007, 07:44 AM
I'm not sure exactly what kind of toys you're looking for but I know for a fact that many vibrating toys are very silent. They won't be heard while you're in your room or even under your clothes. Hope this helps... :)

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 07:46 AM
Well I need to get them via post really, but how do I avoid anyone else noticing the parcel?

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 07:47 AM
Oh, and thanks Chloe, I'll remember that ;)

SubMissChievous
11-11-2007, 07:48 AM
Most companies who sell those via mail send them in very discrete packages. There's no way to know what's inside unless someone opens it.

kc101
11-11-2007, 07:48 AM
just say a friend asked you to order something for them and you had to have it delivered to your house, they should be none the wiser

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 07:54 AM
I don't know, it seems a bit risky with my family. I never really order anything at all, so even if it is an unassuming package they'll still ask what it is.

lucky
11-11-2007, 07:56 AM
You can open a postal mailbox and get the package from that address (I'm not sure if you wont get notifications home).

For hiding them home I've always kept a locked drawer saying its my stuff, my letters there, things too personal.

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 08:17 AM
A postal mailbox? Do they have those in the UK? What are they anyway?

Dice7
11-11-2007, 08:20 AM
When you see on an adress PO BOX 333 or whatever. Thats a postal mailbox. A place where your mail gets delivered thats not your house. Yes we have them here.

I don't understand why you wouldnt go to a shop like ann summers though. Sure you might be a little embarrassed buying a sex toy, but its less embarrasing than your mum opening a box with a dido in it surely?

SubMissChievous
11-11-2007, 08:22 AM
They have it everywhere in the world! You just have to go to the post office to open one (it's not free but affordable) and the package will be sent there instead of at your home. Another solution could be if you have a friend who is trustworthy to have the package sent to his/her address.

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 08:23 AM
Well I don't know where any of those shops are, or if they are even close enough for me to go to.

Dice7
11-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Do some research on the internet! Find out whats available to you.

Sum
11-11-2007, 08:53 AM
Most mid sized towns in the uk have at least one in my experience, two towns I've lived in neither that big both have two sex shops each. I'll be most likely somewhere near to but not on the main high-street, look out for a shop with whited out windows. I believe the biggest chain in the uk is 'private shop'.

As an alternate to setting up a p.o. box you could just start ordering things, like c.ds, books, computer bits etc. over the internet, then when just one more parcel arrives, this in fact being your 'special one' you're parents will think nothing of it.

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 08:58 AM
There's one in an area that I shop on occasion. How old do you need to be to buy them? Just unsure of how old you need to be.

Sum
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
-lalallallallala this needs to be sixteen characters long lallalallala-
edit
and if you're under 18 it could be hard to try to buy them online as well.

SubmissiveMale112
11-11-2007, 09:04 AM
True. Hmmm. Never mind then, had some good ideas but to no avail. Perhaps in future anyone who wants me to use stuff will buy it for me lol.

Sum
11-11-2007, 09:07 AM
haha maybe maybe. Don't worry your time will come, you won't be under 18 for ever, that's the glory or curse with age it constantly goes up.

kc101
11-11-2007, 09:51 AM
even at 16 if you live in the UK you could order them over the internet with a debit card

Sum
11-11-2007, 10:08 AM
I'm pretty sure you can't get a maestro until 18, because they come with overdraft abilities usually, so you can't have that as it's money lending.

Think you can get um what's it called electron and that other one from 16, but not many websites accept those.

MasterPain
11-11-2007, 10:16 AM
you could be under 18 and get a prepaid creditcard.
you pay an ammount before hand, and that is your credit limit.

then you can use it online or ect.

and when you cancle your card you get the money on the card back and if you max it out then all your doing is spending your own money.

but it is also a good way to establish credit.

Meanwhile, some prepaid cards may allow individuals who are under 18 to apply with certain provisions. Both the Prepaid Visa RushCard and the Baby Phat Prepaid Visa RushCard, for example, have a minimum age requirement of just 13. Applicants who are between 13 and 16 years of age will need parental consent to apply.

Consumers should read the "terms and conditions" for various prepaid cards to see if they extend the opportunity to apply to those younger than 18.

If age 18 is just around the corner, consumers may want to wait and apply for a student credit card or a credit card for those with bad credit. Such a card will help them build a solid credit history through conscientious use and prompt payment of their card statements.

Sum
11-11-2007, 10:17 AM
wow i didn't know that, that would have been so useful to ahve had when i was under 18, i had to be all about the cash.

Thatguy189
11-11-2007, 06:55 PM
You can actually get Visa's in the UK under 18. I've had one for about a year now.

Sum
11-11-2007, 06:58 PM
you know that unless the rules have changed in the past few years (which i wouldn't be surprised about as we live in a debt fueled ecconomy) the banks lied to me!

lucky
11-12-2007, 12:09 AM
anyway depending on what you want to buy there are always homemade things to replace:
- vibrators: have you heard of vibrating toothbrushes or massage things? I think they dont have the same strength, but easier to be kept home. Also if you open one you'd see how they are made to vibrate so you can also use a toy engine and make yourself one (it has a heavy thing on top but a bit off centered from the axe so when it spins it creates vibrations)
- dildos, anal plugs: I've made one once out of wax, bought some candles and melted into a shape. Or use some sylicone (try a home building shop, damn dont have a dictionary to be more precise).
- bondage: I use elastic chords to be able to escape quickly or cable ties (you can unlock these using a needle or else you have to cut them with scissors).
- collars - pet shops
- enema devices: bottle, tubes from fish pet shops
I think there was a topic about these homemade things somewhere around here.

Seedsy
11-12-2007, 12:14 AM
Ok people, lets get back on topic. I read the origonal post and i think it was also asking for things u can get if your underaGE... Like near me we have Canadian Tire and Walmart amoung other things. Superstores basically.You can get tapes, wraps, (toy cuffs, some are metallic) amoung other things. You just have to be creative. Like buy a small wooden dowel say its for a school project, tape up the ends with Electrical tape.. Apply a couple layers and presto.. u made yourself a dildo... and these things are easy to hide.. i personally use a chest with a lock on it and leave it in my closet underneath my dirty cloaths... then again i am a guy so i can get away with a huge pile of clothes(towels work very well) just be cautious on laundry day :P

heres the list
http://getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=4164&highlight=toys

note i started the thread ;) lol and man i was typing this post while the person was posting above me grrrr

lucky
11-12-2007, 12:20 AM
heres the list
http://getdare.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=4164&highlight=toys

note i started the thread ;) lol and man i was typing this post while the person was posting above me grrrr

isnt it romantic?:D

Seedsy
11-25-2007, 04:20 AM
isn't what romantic? the fact u beat me by like a minute

ManicD
12-01-2007, 10:31 AM
PO boxes wont sign for parcels and unless you go expencive wont accept anythign bigger than a A4 envolope

Simple_me
12-01-2007, 02:08 PM
seedsy, he was making a joke ;)

i'm not sure what to do in your predicament, i think its best to go with homemade stuff or things about the house, cause if people find them, they'll think nothing of it, however if people find your box of "toys", you can kiss goodbye to sunlight for a while...

roxie314
12-01-2007, 02:16 PM
well my problem is i cna't afford it- styll haven't been able to get around that cause i don't have time for a job (gymnastics, hiphop & lyrical [forms of dance] peer to peer, youth advocacy league, people to people, M-powerment, and ofcourse my life- yea a job isn't even an option and my gram refuese to give me an allowance lol) so good luck from what i've read u'll be able to get ur "item(s)" no problem ;p lol
goodluck and have some fun for me lol

zeketheorc
12-01-2007, 03:02 PM
I know if you order from www.extremerestraints.com then no one will know unless opened. They also have an area somewhere in their checkout where they ask for special requests for the shipping and everything

TeenSlave
12-01-2007, 03:49 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what could be used to make a home made butt plug.

p.s. anyone know how much those P.O box thingies are and how big parcels they accept.

Sum
12-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Here you go, isn't google great.

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content2?catId=400144&mediaId=2600028

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/jump2?catId=600006&mediaId=52100710

TeenSlave
12-02-2007, 06:38 AM
I used google but the website wasn't working yesterday :P

userben
12-02-2007, 08:12 AM
go here www.shoperotic.com

TeenSlave
12-02-2007, 08:53 AM
how does that help?

Ikon
12-02-2007, 11:31 AM
I have ordered from several sites and they all used discrete shipping and had a clean name charged to my card which could be anything. As far as parents wondering, when I had some shipped to my parents house - I just took it to my room (since they wont open it) and I would come back out with something random they havent seen before and tell them oh I just got some new sheet music in (Whatever you have laying around). Then I just keep the toys put up somewhere safe when im not using them :)

TeenSlave
12-02-2007, 11:56 AM
My problem is they'll may very well want to see my open it or they may even open it themselves, they open my mail so.