PDA

View Full Version : Why was user X banned?

depp
11-08-2007, 08:52 PM
getDare is changing policy on how banned users are handled. In an attempt to be more transparent we will now let site users know why other users were banned and who banned them. If you have a question about a ban, post the exact username in this thread and myself or another Admin will tell you why. If you have more than one request please group them together. Also, it takes some work to go into the database and get this info. Please be patient. We may not be able to provide explanations for users banned a long time ago but we will try. Thanks.

TheLittleStrawberry
11-09-2007, 01:18 AM
YEY! We can finally stick our noses in the Mods' business!

Anyway Ive been asking myself more than once why xatm092 was banned.... He didn't seem too bad. But I haven't seen all of that guy so meh.

depp
11-09-2007, 03:13 AM
YEY! We can finally stick our noses in the Mods' business!

Anyway Ive been asking myself more than once why xatm092 was banned.... He didn't seem too bad. But I haven't seen all of that guy so meh.

Ok, checked the logs and he was banned by myself because he asked to have his account deleted.

Coyote
11-09-2007, 05:20 AM
good morning i was wondering why brownie was banned?

chain
11-09-2007, 07:57 AM
Even though brownie says banned, he is still able to access the site and post. He recieved a 2 point infraction. A temp. ban goes into effect when you accumulate at least 4 points.

dkong
11-09-2007, 07:16 PM
what does accumulate mean?
no thats not my ? anymore. Its what did u just say chain

chain
11-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Accumulate means gather, collect, etc...you know of http://dictionary.com right?

dkong
11-09-2007, 08:38 PM
thats what i thought it ment, that doesnt make scence y he got banded, please explain

Sum
11-09-2007, 08:44 PM
well form changingtheclicks post it makes it clear, he's not fully banned yet, he broke the rules twice (infraction, definition: Any violation of a rule set by the Panhellenic Council or Interfraternity Council.) So he's on a temporary ban, which could be seen as a warning or cooling off period for him.

Accumulate means gather, collect, etc...you know of http://dictionary.com right?

Also handy little google trick, type define then the word you want to know the meaning of
eg, define define
give a definition for the meaning of a word; "Define `sadness'"

dkong
11-09-2007, 08:49 PM
i copyed the wrong word the 1 with the infraction is what i ment to ask what does it mean, i get it now

Hampers
11-12-2007, 01:21 AM
How about dkong? Why was he banned?

lucky
11-12-2007, 01:31 AM
I think this thread would grow too big so users might ask the same questions again later. Is it possible to add a link to the "banned" status to a reasons thread (thread locked, postings to be made just by admins)? Every banned user would have just a staff message about the reason.

Or add the reason under the banned status.

At least for the future. For the actual banned users if they are to many, just place a neutral message, "broke some rules" or something until the reason would be updated.

Coyote
11-12-2007, 04:13 PM
what ever happened to james55 i can't send him pm anymore and he is never on what's the deal

chain
11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
James sent PM spam.

depp
11-14-2007, 04:27 AM
I think this thread would grow too big so users might ask the same questions again later. Is it possible to add a link to the "banned" status to a reasons thread (thread locked, postings to be made just by admins)? Every banned user would have just a staff message about the reason.

Or add the reason under the banned status.

At least for the future. For the actual banned users if they are to many, just place a neutral message, "broke some rules" or something until the reason would be updated.

I've added a page that has a current list of all bans in place.
http://getdare.com/bbs/banlist.php
Use it now before I break it by accident. :)

lucky
11-14-2007, 04:35 AM
I've added a page that has a current list of all bans in place.
http://getdare.com/bbs/banlist.php
Use it now before I break it by accident. :)

user request:)? Funny! I think this page needs a "Click here to join" link :)

Bored
11-14-2007, 04:56 PM
do the blacks on the reason mean that they asked to be banned?

depp
11-14-2007, 06:50 PM
The blank reasons were from before the reason feature existed. We went through 3 different forum systems before setteling on this one. Also bans from the very original getDare forums are not listed at all. These users were removed or unbanned during the upgrade.

depp
11-14-2007, 06:51 PM
user request:)? Funny! I think this page needs a "Click here to join" link :)

When a user bugs me to delete their account I ban them so they shut up. I always note this as "user requested."

brownie
11-14-2007, 07:08 PM
tessdog, i find that calling someone that is an insult, what did he ever do

Leblonk go banded for being an idiot, that can happen? I should watch my back, im in danger

depp
11-14-2007, 10:13 PM
We never planned previously to publish this information. Typicially it is only seen by the banned party and the admins. For this reason users who were banend for spamming may have things like "fuck you" written in the reason. We only ban users for listed infractions of our rules. PERIOD. You must understand the context the reason comments were published under. They were not for the public.

Bored
11-14-2007, 10:52 PM
thank you depp for the update.

Collared_Slave
11-17-2007, 09:05 AM
I love this one from the ban list: User: Leblonk, Reason: fucking idiot

Manbearpig
11-23-2007, 09:32 PM
tessdog, i find that calling someone that is an insult, what did he ever do

Leblonk go banded for being an idiot, that can happen? I should watch my back, im in danger

tessdog spamed the forums with junk and he wanted to basically take over the site. but he is good now (we hope)

joeman
11-23-2007, 10:45 PM
tell me why I thought the title "why was user X banned" was the beginning of a joke depp was about to make. Well anyways in the spirit of my thoughts i'll finish the joke.
joeman- Why was user X banned?
someone who cares- i don't know, why?
joeman- because he broke the rules by not having another chromosone...hahahahahaha.....-.- ok i'll shut-up now.

Sum
11-24-2007, 08:36 AM
That really was a true groaner, i laughed and rested my head on my knee in shame at laughing at it.

Congratulations!

Seedsy
11-25-2007, 05:00 AM
I got a question.. Why isn't brownie banned, all i see is insult after insult after insult.... Shouldn't this be grounds for a ban?

TheLittleStrawberry
11-25-2007, 05:11 AM
I got a question.. Why isn't brownie banned, all i see is insult after insult after insult.... Shouldn't this be grounds for a ban?

Well he's banned now... And I doubt he'll have much chance to continue his... "work""... Does he start spamming this place up again... He gets banned again. I doubt it'll be a temporary one either.

joeman
11-25-2007, 03:15 PM
How long is brownie on probation. This sucks, now there's no one to back me up from you. O well girls rule boys drool... not really.

chain
11-25-2007, 03:20 PM
Brownie is banned for 1 week.

depp
11-25-2007, 03:50 PM
If he violates the temporary probation it will become permanent.

analwhore1987
11-25-2007, 04:10 PM
yay!!! very nifty =) wow tessdog had like 8 accounts x.x plus the one thats current

JohnBoy3203
04-10-2013, 02:18 PM
Was curious why Abbas/Alex was banned.

Also, I saw a thread before that was pretty humorous, but had admins giving reasons for banning. I don't "think" this is it, is there another?

Red
04-10-2013, 02:29 PM
I believe that you're thinking of this (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/misc.php?do=banlist) list. And he was banned several months ago for requesting photos of children to fap to, he dodged that ban and was caught.

JohnBoy3203
04-10-2013, 02:32 PM
I believe that you're thinking of this (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/misc.php?do=banlist) list. And he was banned several months ago for requesting photos of children to fap to, he dodged that ban and was caught.

THAT is the list. Thanks.

And... yeah. Good catch.

gungedude
04-14-2013, 02:02 PM
Was looking at a Person Above Messy dare thread started by 4xchamps. We had the same likes and stuff so I checked out his other posts. Why did he get banned? I know it's on the list...but I'm not sure how long ago he got banned and where he'll be on the list. Thanks!

Rachie
04-14-2013, 03:06 PM
Was looking at a Person Above Messy dare thread started by 4xchamps. We had the same likes and stuff so I checked out his other posts. Why did he get banned? I know it's on the list...but I'm not sure how long ago he got banned and where he'll be on the list. Thanks!

It's not hard to find,

First click on there profile
Second see when there last post was - 05-04-12
Now look at this date, or sometime after
See ban list currently on page 37

4xchamps Wow.. you made 5 new accounts in an hour... I think that might be a new record. However let me make this clear, If you make another account, I will ban you. Every.Last. Account. 05-04-2012 Never nellybell

gungedude
04-14-2013, 05:22 PM
Thanks...didn't know how to do that before