PDA

View Full Version : Mod(s) Needed!!!!!

chain
11-07-2007, 06:15 PM
The getDare staff is currently looking at the possibility of adding new moderators. Please realize that this doesn't mean we WILL be taking on new Mods, but we probably will. Please reply as to why you think you'd be a good candidate, and one suggestion for the site to grow.

brownie
11-07-2007, 06:28 PM
i am a good canidate for this election because i stay involve with getdare. I also make, a tribute. And if u elect me i will make getdare better. I will add a poem thing to the section for the writers.
bla bla bla bla, for real im good for this because i have no life, so ill have time to do this.

Coyote
11-08-2007, 12:57 PM
In June 2007 I became a member of this prestegious website not knowing a thing about it. My main goal was to view the stories and occasionally do some dares.
I realized that this site was more than just noname people posting dares, stories ect... it was a collaborative effort my not just the mods but also the members who are not Moderators. I Have become friends with many of the members here Including Marc, Moltenman and have become a very close friend with James55, admireu4ever and a few others. In the stories i have written, many of the viewers have demanded me to continue. Even when i was banned TWICE (the first time a was young and stupid and did not understand all of the rules. the Second time i was greedy for my own website and i forgot the wellfare of Getdare) After my second ban i cleaned up my act and contributed more than ever. I Have recieved private messages as well as posts in my threads saying that i was mised during my ban.

I Have Enough Posts on record to be a senior member but that does not tell wether a person is truly a senoir member. A senoir member is a person who contributes to the site takes criticism well and is liked my the community.
I Am asking You Moderators of Getdare to choose me as the newest Mod.

The ways i willl try to make Getdare better is by being a calm but effective Mod but that is only how I Alone can change. I believe this site could be better if maybe there was a complaints section where all complaints would be posted instead if someone is reading a story then all of a sudden there is a big complaint posted there for example i was reading a story and a member complained about one of our mods being too young. this is the type of thing that deserves a specific area to be posted in so it does not SPAM the story.

Another Way i could make Getdare better is if a story is written very badly the moderators should decide wether that specific writer has to rewrite the story so it is easier to read and threads will have less to complain about.

My age is 26 and i have many experiences with truth or dare and will gladly do almost anything this site needs me to do

With that i end my speech bidding you all a fond farewell.

-Coyote
__________________________________________________ _______________
Ps:If i am not chosen i will contribute harder than ever to get the next available spot. Thank You

-Coyote

Coyote
11-08-2007, 01:38 PM
I Being a comedian Myself I think That There should be an area where jokesters like myself could joke around. I Beg you not to think because i am a comedian that i cannot be serious. If i became a Mod I would try to create an area like this (with Depp's permission first).

Now i will treat you all to a song that is a lyrical adaption of B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his Namo!

Dj Give me a beat. 1-2 1234 There was a mod who runned Getdare and Depp was his Namo D-E-P-P-P D-E-P-P-P D-E-P-P-P and Depp was his namo

He ran it with an iron fist and nothiogn ever wqent wrong w-r-o-n-g w-r-o-n-g w-r-o-n-g and nothing ever went wrong HAy.

I thank you and bid you a fond FArewell\

-Coyote

Manbearpig
11-08-2007, 02:53 PM
Hello. I have been a member 17 months now and have over 300 posts. I have followed the rules and helped members out when needed. With fall sports ending last week for me, I have a lot more time to be on getdare than in the last few months. When I have been on, i always try to have quality posts. I am intelligent, and although I am not the best speller, I always want to help.

Thank you for your time,
Dabear

analwhore1987
11-08-2007, 02:59 PM
Even though I'm new, I have plenty of time to devote to getDare Forums. I have experience being a mod (on multiple forums, on and off over the last 5 years). If made mod, I'd add a contests type section for monthly awards for things such as Best Story, Best Dare, Best Truth, & maybe a few others.

Sum
11-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Im not looking to be a mod. I haven't chatted or PM'ed with anyone who has posted on this thread. Ive read almost all the posts the last couple months and thought Hampers came across as thoughtful and serious. Plus I believe he requested to be a moderator before - so I vote for Hampers! Just in case someone is counting.

No offence to anyone else.

I would second Hampers for mod

I don't think I'll be running myself as I'm not entirely sure that i can guarantee that I'll be able to put enough time into the site, I'm posting a lot at the moment, however i have no idea how long I'll continue with this for. I've been a member for a good while, this in-fact being my second user name, hence the 2, the first being lost in some password reset problem where i couldn't get the site to email me properly. I digress as usual.

If i were to run however my new ideas would be to see about a way of integrating a spell checking system, which has been discussed quite a large amount of late. Also possibly see about a way of formalising the mod adoption process, a vote based system with each participant entering their manifesto onto which the community votes, with multiple rounds if there are a large amount of nominees.

Hmm this post may get edited at some point to say that i will be putting my name forward, i think I'll only do this if two different people pm me to say that they'd like me to run.

SubMissChievous
11-08-2007, 08:25 PM
O.K. I’ll step up to the plate & throw my candidacy in as well…

I’ve been a member only for a few months but ever since I’ve registered here I’ve been a very regular member. I visit the site almost every day & read nearly every posts each time I log in. I am also very available as I spend most of my free time in front of my pc.

I know & understand the forum rules & I believe I have a keen eye when it comes to spotting errors in posts. But most importantly I think a moderator’s job should not only be to act as a “website police” or just to fix titles & move posts but to be able to help and/or inform other users as well to make their “getdare experience” as great as possible. I’ve already had the chance to do so as a member both in posts & PMs and it is something I’m always glad to do.

Another reason why I’d like to contribute is that I like this site very much & its users as well. So far since I’ve been here I’ve had the opportunity to interact with many other users & I’ve had a very positive feedback from most of them.

On a personal note: I am 26 (27 in 10 days!). I am not shy about expressing my ideas & opinions but also can discuss them respectfully & politely.

The one suggestion that comes to my mind as I write this might sound very simple but I believe it would come in handy for many users here & it would be to make it mandatory for all users to fill in at least their age & gender in their profile. Since I’ve been here I’ve noticed that many profiles are either incomplete or empty & that it would be nice for others to be able to have access to these informations especially when being contacted or wanting to contact another user.

Anyway good luck to all!

Regards,
Chloé

Pikachu
11-08-2007, 08:49 PM
i will also vote for naughty_chloe one more male in hampers and another female in naughty_chloe if usa_slave_girl is anything to go by we need more female mods slave girl has doenan exceptional job

Coyote
11-09-2007, 05:25 AM
Depp has said time again it is him who chooses mods not Any members but as i said in my speech "a mod is a person who is liked by the getdare community and i would say Admireu4ever(even though she is not running) is well liked by the community and if he wants the position she deserves it

-Coyote

P.S. Can all those who want hampers tell me why you do not want me. (tell me and i will try to change)

chain
11-09-2007, 08:26 AM
I am closing this. We have chosen one user to become mod, but we may also add a 2nd mod. However, I have personally taken into account 3 users who posted here who will be considered for Mod spots in the future if need be we need another mod. (We don't always make threads to chose mods). Ann announcement of who the new mod is will be coming shortly