PDA

View Full Version : a harmless game of t or d

dare1230
11-03-2007, 03:18 PM
well as u mite know im jess 14 yo.
ok i was over my friends house,lili, and we started to play t or d.it was just little stuff but then she dared me to walk down the street in my underwear so i did. then i dared her to go to the local shop in her underwear so she did, she was angry though cus her nabour saw her from there car driving past so she dared me to strip naked and go into her nabours pool and do three lengths, and i did, dont thing i was seen but when i jumped back over the fence and went into the house i found that she had locked me out.:( i staied out there for a while but she wouldn't let me in, after a while she shouted out of her bedroom window that she had unlocked the door. so i went to go in but it was still locked. i shouted up and she said that she ment the front door!:mad: so i slowley went down the side alley and into yhe front yard. i saw a car drive past thoug so i ran into a bush. but after that i wen back in and shouted at lili. she said that she was sorry and that i could give her a hanging wedgie in the woods that night in only her underwear. until they ripped. so happy days, lol. then she put on a robe and we went home to bed.

admireu4ever
11-03-2007, 04:25 PM
Alright,

I'm really getting sick of horrible written stories. If you are going to post please atleast use proper english. You don't have to be a perfect writer, everyone knows I'm not. I think if you just use you "Big Girl" words your story will look much better. I don't want to be rude or anything but really Capitalize=Goodness so try it next time.

admireu4ever
11-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Alright, some of you know may know that I am rewritting stories I find...poorly written. It does not mean I don't like the stories it's just that I think they are hard to read. Please enjoy the editted version of "A Harmless game of TorD"
--------------------
"A Harmless Game of TorD"

My name is Jessica, my friends know me as Jess. I was over my friend Lili's house for a sleepover. We started to play a harmless game of Truth or Dare. We dared each other to do simple things, harmless things. Lili then dared me to walk down the street in my underwear. I walked down the street in my underwear. When I came back I wanted revenge on her the dare. So I dared her to go to a local shop in her underwear. She was angry at me because her neighbor saw her when he was driving the store. Lili got very angry after that. So when we got back to her house she had dared me to take off all my clothes and do three laps in her neighbors pool. I hopped over the fence and jumped in the pool. I left my clothes at the house so the wouldn't get wet. I don't think anybody saw me, but when I jumped back over the fence and attempted to get inside. I had found that she had locked me out, I stayed out there naked for awhile and she would not let me in. An hour afterwords she shouted out of her bedroom window "Hey, I unlocked the door." I was so happy I went to open the back door and it was still locked. I shouted up "The door is still locked!" she looked at me and smiled. "The frontdoor!" I put a grim look on my face. I got into the front yard. I thought I was in the clear but then a car came passed. I jumped into the bushes and it hurt like hell. I got out and went inside. I screamed at Lili for her actions, "I'm sorry how about you hang on my on a tree with nothing but my underwear..so like a wedgie." I agreed and I stripped her and put her on a tree. She was there for awhile untill her underwear ripped. She fell down naked and walked back to the house. We were equal...for now.
--------------------
See what a little bit of editting can do for a story? I know it's amazing.

-Admireu4ever

xxxMichellexxx
11-03-2007, 05:49 PM
calm down tess lol

But i have to say he's right. Grammar/spelling errors are very annoying. It's not that hard to use Microsoft Word, which has a spell-check

Sum
11-03-2007, 06:34 PM
I think you lost something of the flavour of the story, to me the original felt more like a diary entry, not saying that I disagree with you on the grammar though.

For those who don't have ms word (as it is not a cheap software package) I can suggest Open Office as a free alternative. It has most of the functionality of ms word but isn't quite a pretty. It's also available on linux, and through use of x11 on osx (there's also a buggy native version i believe)
Alternately, with a quick google search you can find online spell checkers, and there are even online writing applications such as google docs and zoho office

admireu4ever
11-03-2007, 09:09 PM
calm down tess lol

But i have to say he's right. Grammar/spelling errors are very annoying. It's not that hard to use Microsoft Word, which has a spell-check

Sorry...I'm just trying to make these writters really show off how good there stories are.

darelova55
11-05-2007, 08:47 PM
i really ont think its that bigger deal as they are taking there time to wright a story for your amusement and if everyone keeps complaining about grammer people are not going to right stories i think you should just be greatful that they are writing them alltogeather and good on them for trying

admireu4ever
11-05-2007, 09:26 PM
Well, if you think about it. If they don't have to fix the spelling and I do it for them then more people will write without fears of having to worry about grammer.

-Tessdog

Pikachu
11-05-2007, 10:29 PM
who gives a hell about grammer at least they are writing stories give them a break!!!!!
i hate people who say oh do this and do that when they actually havn't done it themselves:eek:
heres a piece of dvice for everyone lay off the writers!!!
they try there best so give them a break god it annoys me they write in there own style so don't correct there style!!!
at least unlike most of you there actually trying...

admireu4ever
11-05-2007, 11:40 PM
I am infact a writter on this site. I've been doing it for a year now. I understand that people have a way of writting but I don't see a problem in me making it so you can read it. Because half of the time I can bearly makeout what a story says.

Marc
11-06-2007, 01:21 AM
Well, if you think about it. If they don't have to fix the spelling and I do it for them then more people will write without fears of having to worry about grammer.

-Tessdog

I am infact a writter on this site. I've been doing it for a year now. I understand that people have a way of writting but I don't see a problem in me making it so you can read it. Because half of the time I can bearly makeout what a story says.

Tessdog, it's very kind of you to do this but perhaps the original writer should be asked first? I know I would be mightily irritated if you came along and 'improved' one of my stories! You may, of course, request this by PM...

And, trying not to be sarcastic (honestly), and you may be a bit irritated when you reply to comments and so post hurriedly, but it might be better to make sure your posts are spelt / typed correctly - for example 'in fact', 'writer', 'writing', 'barely' and 'make out - oh, and the old favourite, 'grammar'!

But thanks for all that you do to support the site.

admireu4ever
11-06-2007, 08:23 AM
Alright,

I understand my spelling is not perfect but atleast you can make out what I mean. I'll ask the writters for now on although many times someone writes a story with bad grammer and is never seen again. I bet, more then half of the writters on getDare are never seen again on the forum after one story and in many cases (Poor Grammer). Marc I am a long time fan of your work and you are an inspiration to me and my writting. So I shall take your advice and ask first before I rewrite a story. I hope continue writting your stories are the inspiration of mine.

-Tessdog

admireu4ever
11-06-2007, 08:26 AM
Also...If I am correct ************ has a spell check editor go on the site...and search for it under hacks.

-Tessdog

zeketheorc
11-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Personally, whenever I find a story with writing that I am unable to take due to errors, then I just dont read it. I dont care how good the story may be in the long run. When I cant follow it or struggle to follow it due to bad writing it just ruins it for me. If anyone feels the need to actually put commas in for me then feel free.

analwhore1987
11-06-2007, 05:58 PM
Personally, whenever I find a story with writing that I am unable to take due to errors, then I just dont read it. I dont care how good the story may be in the long run. When I cant follow it or struggle to follow it due to bad writing it just ruins it for me. If anyone feels the need to actually put commas in for me then feel free.

Exactly.. a poorly typed story can completely ruin the story for me. And I feel that those who must criticize and completely re-write others stories should at least make sure that they themselves are spelling & using grammar correctly.

If a story is poorly typed - I don't read.

EDITTED TO ADD: All computers that come with Windows also come with a Microsoft Works - full edition! Or this site http://www.spellcheck.net/ is completely free!

admireu4ever
11-06-2007, 06:49 PM
And I feel that those who must criticize and completely re-write others stories should at least make sure that they !

Well, when I rewrite a story I make it so you can understand it. I once said that I am not the best when it comes to spelling. If you can read it and it looks like it's not computer slang. You should be fine...kk? lolz...ths so much funzzz..oh brb..:)

Coyote
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
calm down tess lol

whos Tess and i agree with you admireu4ever

analwhore1987
11-07-2007, 05:00 PM
Tess is admireu4ever...

Coyote
11-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Ok I was getting tired of co....... nevermind

analwhore1987
11-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Well, when I rewrite a story I make it so you can understand it. I once said that I am not the best when it comes to spelling. If you can read it and it looks like it's not computer slang. You should be fine...kk? lolz...ths so much funzzz..oh brb..:)

my point is.. you changed her story.. quite a bit.. therefore it just sounds like you stole her story and editted to your liking..

Sum
11-08-2007, 04:46 PM
yeah that's kinda how i felt when i read it. Would have been a lot better to try to keep as much of the original wording as possible and just cleaned up the spelling and grammar. I've written a version doing this and pm'd it to her for her approval, though i wouldn't be surprised if after this she doesn't feel confident to post anything else. Or at the least have anything to do with the stories section.

analwhore1987
11-08-2007, 05:21 PM
well as u mite know im jess 14 yo.
ok i was over my friends house,lili, and we started to play t or d.it was just little stuff but then she dared me to walk down the street in my underwear so i did. then i dared her to go to the local shop in her underwear so she did, she was angry though cus her nabour saw her from there car driving past so she dared me to strip naked and go into her nabours pool and do three lengths, and i did, dont thing i was seen but when i jumped back over the fence and went into the house i found that she had locked me out. i staied out there for a while but she wouldn't let me in, after a while she shouted out of her bedroom window that she had unlocked the door. so i went to go in but it was still locked. i shouted up and she said that she ment the front door! so i slowley went down the side alley and into yhe front yard. i saw a car drive past thoug so i ran into a bush. but after that i wen back in and shouted at lili. she said that she was sorry and that i could give her a hanging wedgie in the woods that night in only her underwear. until they ripped. so happy days, lol. then she put on a robe and we went home to bed.

My name is Jessica, my friends know me as Jess. I was over my friend Lili's house for a sleepover. We started to play a harmless game of Truth or Dare. We dared each other to do simple things, harmless things. Lili then dared me to walk down the street in my underwear. I walked down the street in my underwear. (this is awkward because it is so repetitive!) When I came back I wanted revenge on her the dare. So I dared her to go to a local shop in her underwear. She was angry at me because her neighbor saw her when he was driving to the store. Lili got very angry after that. So when we got back to her house she had dared me to take off all my clothes and do three laps in her neighbors pool. I hopped over the fence and jumped in the pool. I left my clothes at the house so the wouldn't get wet. I don't think anybody saw me, but when I jumped back over the fence and attempted to get inside (incomplete sentence, this should have a comma instead of a period - which would have turned it into an insanely long run on). I had found that she had locked me out, I stayed out there naked for awhile and she would not let me in. (this is a run on - there should have been a period back there instead of a comma) An hour afterwords she shouted out of her bedroom window "Hey, I unlocked the door." I was so happy I went to open the back door and it was still locked. I shouted up "The door is still locked!" she looked at me and smiled. "The frontdoor!" I put a grim look on my face. I got into the front yard. (I personally, preferred her description here beacuse it was just that - more descriptive - telling how she went through the alley) I thought I was in the clear but then a car came passed. I jumped into the bushes and it hurt like hell. I got out and went inside. I screamed at Lili (you changed shouted to screamed) for her actions, "I'm sorry how about you hang on my on a tree with nothing but my underwear..so like a wedgie." I agreed and I stripped her and put her on a tree. She was there for awhile untill her underwear ripped. She fell down naked and walked back to the house. We were equal...for now.

blue parts are what were alike/very similar.. purple is my commentary & red is your grammatical errors

it would have been one thing to go in and capitalize words and fix it to 'proper' grammar - but you changed her story quite a bit!

//ends my 'picking' on admireu4ever/tessdog or whatever it is that you wish to be called

Dice7
11-08-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't mind the spelling mistakes etc but if there's no detail whats the point in reading it? WHY are these things happening, what are the reactions to them happening, how did they look, what did the main character think of this etc etc etc

dare1230
11-09-2007, 04:32 PM
ok people calm down, il watch my spelling and grammer from now on

admireu4ever
11-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Well,

If you read the rules spelling is a new one. So I guess my work here is done.

"All in days work.."

-Tessdog