PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for "unread posts"

shadowy
08-03-2010, 01:48 PM
I don't know if many of you would think this is needed. But sometimes when you open the list of unread posts, it's completely clogged with posts in sections of getDare that don't apply to your wishes or interests. So it might be a good idea to implement some sort of list in the user control panel where you can select the sections you want to receive in that list.
That way, you could uncheck the sections you don't read anyway, and they would stop appearing in your list.
Sorry if this was already suggested in the past, I tried to look for it, but didn't find it.

Slenderman - Doctor
08-03-2010, 01:49 PM
I like this idea. I often skip over 100s of "Person Above" ones which I don't care for.

However, I don't bother about skipping over them. It only takes an extra second to ignore the ones you don't wanna read. So, if it could be done, great! But if not, it wouldn't bother me :)

Cheesey
08-03-2010, 01:53 PM
I don't know if many of you would think this is needed. But sometimes when you open the list of unread posts, it's completely clogged with posts in sections of getDare that don't apply to your wishes or interests. So it might be a good idea to implement some sort of list in the user control panel where you can select the sections you want to receive in that list.
That way, you could uncheck the sections you don't read anyway, and they would stop appearing in your list.
Sorry if this was already suggested in the past, I tried to look for it, but didn't find it.

i love this idea and it gotreally on my nerves, when i went camping for like 3 days and came back to like over 1,000 unread posts!!!! i did go through and look for the ones i was interested in, but that was a lot of pages to scan!

nellybell
08-03-2010, 06:48 PM
That would be really nice and it would make it a lot quicker to go through a lot of posts. Good idea! :)

Anjelen
08-03-2010, 06:53 PM
Alternatively i would like the option of being able to have more messages per page show up - and even better i would like the option of simply having all my Unread Posts show up in a single page.

The days where pages where kept short because of bandwidth neccesities are long behind us.

Scanning is not the issue - i'm quite proficient at speed reading.
Just having to click 'Next' every thirty seconds? Not so much fun. Breaks my concentration.

So may i suggest adding the option to have, say, the last 50, 100, 250, and 500 new posts showing?

Ribbit101
08-04-2010, 02:48 PM
I second Anj's comment, although some form of filter might be nice...

Alternativly, if you are having problrems, just search for your ownposts and observe whether there is a 'new posts in this thread' icon besides it :)

Bubblegum
08-05-2010, 08:38 AM
If I had my way I would never look at any stories in the unread posts section but sometimes on just takes my fancy and I really enjoy it. Thats kind of the point of the unread posts sections for me so you can see the hot topics of the moment and find things which may interest you.

CollaredBlondie
08-06-2010, 01:57 PM
So may i suggest adding the option to have, say, the last 50, 100, 250, and 500 new posts showing?

Both the OP's post and Anjelen's idea quoted above, are both great ideas I think.

story_freak
08-07-2010, 06:36 AM
That's a great Idea, or maybe it would be enough to have a button "mark forums read" in the sub-forums, so you could go into the sub-forums and hit the button, and in your "unread posts" list would only the posts of interest stay.

I also have the problem, that I like the normal stuff of tord online, but I don't care about the "person above" it would be really great, if someone could realise this idea!

Thanks shadowy for this thread!!!

regards
freak

CollaredBlondie
08-07-2010, 07:27 AM
That's a great Idea, or maybe it would be enough to have a button "mark forums read" in the sub-forums, so you could go into the sub-forums and hit the button, and in your "unread posts" list would only the posts of interest stay.

That's a good idea too!

shadowy
08-07-2010, 02:01 PM
Thanks for all the positive replies and the alternatives/additions. :)

What would also be a good alternative is to sort the unread posts per section. Something like a menu, where you see the amount of new posts per section and click the link to view each sections unread posts. That way all the new posts are still available, and you can decide for yourself what you want to check based on what you're in the mood for at that time.