PDA

View Full Version : chat bug

Sum
10-28-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey not sure if anyone else has expienced this bug, with opera 9.5b (haven't checked in other browsers yet) chat doesn't work, it loads, but when i start to type a message it puts me back onto the previous page.

--edit--
it works ok in 9.23 so could be an issue with the new opera rendering engine i guess

--edit--
i worked out what it is, the chat doesn't over ride opera's keyboard shortcuts for some reason

Powerstrip
11-01-2007, 01:18 PM
Do you know how to switch off the keyboard shortcuts, or override some of them? A few of them are useless, but I can't find the right menu.

Sum
11-01-2007, 02:28 PM
go to opera preferences, advanced, short cuts, then under keyboard setup hit edit (i think you can also download different shortcut files where people have preconfigured it for different setups), you can go through and change any of them then, in 9.5b you can turn on or off single key shortcuts form there as well.

now if only there was a way for to set site specific keyboard short cuts i wouldn't have to worry about hitting backspace and going back a page whenever i try to use chat but still have it as a very useful command when i wasn't here!!