PDA

View Full Version : S/M Ads

Midnight
07-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Can there be a certain limit of posts that people must have before posting a personal ad in the slave/master area?

I feel that so many of the ads on there now (not all of them because some of them are actually pretty good) are brand new users and they're looking for a quick fix.

Would there be any way at all to make this happen or would it be too difficult to moderate and such?

nellybell
07-26-2010, 09:28 PM
I think that is an amazingly good idea.

davgrant
07-26-2010, 10:17 PM
I agree that this would be a good idea.

Catalyst
07-26-2010, 11:04 PM
It would also help deter all of these damn fake users and money mistresses as of late.

Ninjota
07-27-2010, 12:13 AM
I totally agree, this would be a great idea..it wouldnt even have to be alot, say 50 posts? or something of that magnitude, not enough to keep everyone down, but enough to where people who arent actually interested in the site wont just come to the site make a crap account and spam.

Also like catalyst said, it would get rid of the people who are fake, and these DAMN MONEY MISTRESSES.

kearns
07-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Great idea, I support it.

It wouldn't even need to be 50 posts. Most of the fakes I've seen tend to have less than five posts, so if you make the minimum around 10 or 15 that eliminates probably about 99% of the fakes right away.

"But kearns, wouldn't people just spam to reach 10 or 15 posts? I mean, that's really not a lot!"

Nope, not if the mods do their jobs and stop spam in other sections, which they have to do already.

submissive_puppy
07-27-2010, 01:32 AM
This idea is a good one,the Ads can be like a rewarding, similar to "elite member"area membership. It would really discourage people from just joining to look for financial slaves and would also save our time(we will not have to detect them) but still I'm not sure if this is a thing that can be actually done.

adam160818
07-27-2010, 02:15 AM
yep i agree because when i first joined i made an ad and it was shocking so i edited it was a little better but after being on here for a while and reading i now understand better and some of the adds in there are worse than mine lol :cool:

obon7
07-27-2010, 05:28 AM
Love it, hope it happens!

Ribbit101
07-27-2010, 05:49 AM
Actually, I am surprised this isn't the case already!

What kind of post limit?

womble
07-27-2010, 09:09 AM
I'm all for it, good idea.

Midnight
07-27-2010, 09:11 AM
I had no idea that I was going to get this kind of response. All I can say is WOW.

davgrant
07-27-2010, 11:03 AM
To add to this you can also alternatively set a certain period before you can also post an ad or view that section. Maybe 2 weeks or a month and 50 post.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-27-2010, 11:05 AM
50 posts? No. 5, maybe.

There are some people who post an SM advert on their first log in and the ads turn out to be amazing. Yes, there are plenty of first-timers with shit ads but let's not forget there are the odd exceptions to the rule.

theone
07-27-2010, 11:11 AM
Great idea and I think it would improve the quality of the site in general. One slight downside is that some may make posts just to get the qualifying number in order that they can place an ad. So could also accompany that with a minimum time on site (only needs to be a short time).

davgrant
07-27-2010, 11:33 AM
Great idea and I think it would improve the quality of the site in general. One slight downside is that some may make posts just to get the qualifying number in order that they can place an ad. So could also accompany that with a minimum time on site (only needs to be a short time).

To add to this you can also alternatively set a certain period before you can also post an ad or view that section. Maybe 2 weeks or a month and 50 post.

Yes it would improve and to prevent what you suggested I did say that a 2 week or month period would be good.

@Doctor: I agree that some new one can post an amazing ad but you can't have everything and if they are serious about finding someone to post an ad I am sure they would be willing to wait 50 posts.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-27-2010, 11:55 AM
@Doctor: I agree that some new one can post an amazing ad but you can't have everything and if they are serious about finding someone to post an ad I am sure they would be willing to wait 50 posts.

That'd irritate the heck out of me, I know that.

"I fancy a slave and I'm experienced so I'll make an ad which will blow every-- ah, no, gotta post 49 other things first."

There are some people who come on here purely to find a Master/Mistress/slave. So finding 49 posts to make, even in the SM Lounge, could be irritating.

Anjelen
07-27-2010, 12:03 PM
Yeaaaaaah... I'm going to go and fly in the face of the general consensus and say - Nnnno.

This would only encourage people to spam, spam, spam, spam - and at worse discourage a lot of potential good people from posting at all.

The suggestion's been made before - in fact i think i've actually made it on a similar topic - If people will realise they will need an (x) number of posts, then a lot of people will simply flood the boards with (x-1) number of posts to reach minimum for their ad - or simply turn around and not come back.

No offence to anyone, but that idea won't fly - and probably cause a lot of trash to boot, wich would turn more new people off from these boards.

"if this is the quality of the content here... I'm goin' somewhere else."