PDA

View Full Version : Truth: Your Worst Claim to Fame

verbena
07-24-2010, 05:13 AM
I want to hear about your most pathetic brushes with stardom...

i.e. I'm not that bothered if you sat next to Brad Pitt on a plane, but if your Auntie's neighbour baked cakes for a C-list celebrity, this is your chance to shine (or not..)

I'll share mine when there's some replies, otherwise this'll just look like... whatever is the opposite of an ego trip :)

SlutPuppy
07-24-2010, 06:07 AM
Umm..

My boyfriend has met and has a BBQ with the members of Dropkick Murphys every summer?

My brother has met and is friends with some of our pro football players/baseball players

I know a chick who sat in a band member's lap

I've met batman ;D

My bf's cousin used to play for one of my State's hockey teams

Annnnnnd, my aunt bakes cakes for people, and I think she has for some celebrity?

I think that's what you're looking for? XD

Anjelen
07-24-2010, 06:32 AM
A friend of a friend got a kiss on the cheek from Obama.

Yep. That Obama. :)

BabyCakesxo
07-24-2010, 09:04 AM
I want to hear about your most pathetic brushes with stardom...

i.e. I'm not that bothered if you sat next to Brad Pitt on a plane, but if your Auntie's neighbour baked cakes for a C-list celebrity, this is your chance to shine (or not..)

I'll share mine when there's some replies, otherwise this'll just look like... whatever is the opposite of an ego trip :)

Ahahaha. I got close to adam lambert? FAIL.(Hey, atleast i have his autograph)

or i met a guy from a show on the family channel?(EW)

Night-1991
07-24-2010, 09:53 AM
That i've actually met Paul McCartney.

verbena
07-24-2010, 02:06 PM
That i've actually met Paul McCartney.

Everyone's met Paul McCartney! He's a busy man :)

My second cousin used to be Robson Green's hairdresser (lol)

I almost ran over Hugh Laurie with a rickshaw

When I was six I wrote to the Queen.... and she wrote back! Well... one of her ladies-in-waiting wrote back :)

I got stalked by an unattractive ex-soap-actor; it was hilarious until it got really creepy... It was mainly online and by phone, I was lucky enough to avoid actually meeting him but he got to within 20 feet. I found the whole thing especially puzzling given that he'd shaken the very foundations of the celebrity-stalker relationship by stalking someone even less famous than himself :D

wearegh
07-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Brad Pitt winked at my brother at a Notre Dame football game. hahaha.
And I got a kiss on the cheek from the bassist of Hey Monday when I was taking a picture with him at a concert.

AlmightyElemental
07-24-2010, 02:28 PM
I almost bumped into Jeff Gordon at a local grocery store. He proceeded to laugh, shake my hand, and give me an autographed t-shirt(he was there for an event). I left confused, not knowing who the hell that was or why he gave me a shirt.

Also, once when I was eight, I was at some charity event that went late into the night. Needless to say I was tired so I wandered off to a nearby couch to go to sleep. A man sitting on said couch tried to drum up a conversation with me just as I was about to nod off and I, irritated, snapped at him and proceeded to fall asleep anyway. That man was Brad Pitt.

verbena
07-24-2010, 02:36 PM
Hahaha these are great :)

I keep seeing Jimmy Carr and Adam Buxton around town but I'm too shy to speak to them.

donneythejedi
07-24-2010, 03:53 PM
I have met Brian Johnson, Angus Young, and Malcolm Young of AC/DC in 2008.
I got a hat signed by bike builder Arlen Ness

Slenderman - Doctor
07-24-2010, 03:56 PM
I met Orville.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UN8kKFHPGJM/Scyrw32Bn9I/AAAAAAAAAIc/l6hkLSG4Qfk/s320/orville.gif

And Vera from Corrie was in my work last weekend :D

DaVance
07-24-2010, 07:36 PM
I met the movie producer/director Michael Moore. Just a few of his films, and some of the ones I like, are "Bowling for Columbine", Fahrenheit 9/11", and "Roger and Me", amongst many others. In college I had a class titled "Analysis of Social Dissent". There were only 6 students in the class and we had an hour to talk to him. The professor arranged for him to come in as I went to college near his hometown.

It was both the most interesting course and the most interesting single class of my entire college experience. This could be because I have never really adopted a mainstream point-of-view and I don't see it changing, for better or worse.

Cheesey
07-24-2010, 07:41 PM
i have pesonally met chip and dale (the chipmunks) and got a big hug from both! And i wrote a letter to the predident when i wa in 3rd grade and he wrote back, him himself! (although i cant remember what it said, its in a frame in my closet i think :P)

Catalyst
07-24-2010, 08:06 PM
I shook hands with Mitch Fatel at one of his comedy tours, and got his autograph. I also have a few pro football players autographs, and pictures with them. I also saw Marlan Wayans get into an SUV in New York City, and got a picture of him, right up close, I'm reflected in the window. Lol. I asked for one more picture, and he rolled the window back down.

AlmightyElemental
07-24-2010, 08:20 PM
*slaps forehead* I almost forgot! I've been seranaded by Kevin Bacon before. He performed "L-O-V-E" JUST for me! This was the same time that I "met" the robot from Lost in Space. You know, the "Danger, Will Robinson" one.

Cheesey
07-24-2010, 08:46 PM
*slaps forehead* I almost forgot! I've been seranaded by Kevin Bacon before. He performed "L-O-V-E" JUST for me! This was the same time that I "met" the robot from Lost in Space. You know, the "Danger, Will Robinson" one.

lol nice! by the way did the robot like you?

Norse Fire
07-24-2010, 09:55 PM
My grandpa shook hands with Gordie Howe.:o

Cheesey
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
My grandpa shook hands with Gordie Howe.:o

who?
(sorry but i honestly have no clue who that is)

keykitty
07-24-2010, 10:09 PM
-I sat on Gordie Howe's lap LOL xD
-Met Patrick Roy
- Rebecca from Canada's Next Top Model and took pictures with her ;)
- I danced with Colin James during one of his concerts
- met the entire cast of Air Farce and did impressions for Jessica Holmes of her doing impressions of Liza Minelli (huge for me)
- I was almost chosen to be the Smarties "Red Smartie" kid for their commercials (very close)
- I know Matt Martin personally and quite a few hockey and football players
- met and took pictures with Paul Venoit who is a famous makeup artist and is on the show Look-A-Like
- met Donovan Bailey
All I can remember so far :P

Norse Fire
07-24-2010, 10:16 PM
who?
(sorry but i honestly have no clue who that is)

Old, dead hockey player for the Red Wings. Your comment proves the validity of my embarrassed smilie :o.

verbena
07-25-2010, 04:10 AM
I saved David Guest from getting run over... he was wandering around in the area where I live, gazing upwards to admire the old buildings... I thought it best not to make a grab for him, but alerted his big security guy to the fact that he was in fact standing in the middle of the road.

I saw Lenny Henry in my local Spar shop, and also the guy who runs the zoo in The Mighty Boosh. I've met Guy Garvey (frontman of Elbow) a few times... he kissed me on the cheek... but I have such a big crush on him I just turn into an idiot...

My grandad was best mates with the ancient (now dead) football commentator Hugh Johns. I had no idea who he was until I met him at my grandad's funeral, and he had the most amazing velvety voice - he could never have a private conversation because everyone immediately stopped what they were doing to listen to him :)

Stellz
07-25-2010, 09:54 AM
I've met Duff from Ace of Cakes (Show on the Food Network xD)
Brendan Benson tossed me his guitar pic.
I met Jack White while waiting to be let into a Raconteurs show...He was juggling apples.

BabyCakesxo
07-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Brad Pitt winked at my brother at a Notre Dame football game. hahaha.
And I got a kiss on the cheek from the bassist of Hey Monday when I was taking a picture with him at a concert.

:O i love hey monday...

momo
07-25-2010, 05:43 PM
My aunt's a playboy and her fiance is in a band (Every Time I Die) so they know like a ton of different bands, and I've had the chance to hang out with a few, including Fall Out Boy. That's about it... oh and my Grandma's friend is Monique Coleman's manager I believe. And my cousin's friend's friend's friend's cousin is Kellan Lutz lol XD

Midnight
07-26-2010, 11:30 AM
I got mail from Kristin Chenoweth.

I've also met Jodi Benson and her husband. They're really nice people by the way.

daring_gal
07-26-2010, 11:36 AM
i've met John Barrowman

Slenderman - Doctor
07-26-2010, 11:38 AM
i've met John Barrowman

I spy a lot of jealousy coming your way ;):D

Perfectionist
07-26-2010, 11:43 AM
My grandma danced with the old king of Denmark?

EXQL
07-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Most of you probably don't know him but,,

I had a DJ-set at a party before & after "Regi" (the belgium people will know him; he is a famous belgian electro/dance/house DJ & Producer)

rhode64
07-28-2010, 05:51 AM
I once helped the manager of pink floyd move house sad init

rhode64
07-28-2010, 05:54 AM
I actually have many claims to fame but dont want to sound big headed so will keep it to myself .

Slenderman - Doctor
07-28-2010, 06:57 AM
I actually have many claims to fame but dont want to sound big headed so will keep it to myself .

NoNoNoNoNoNoNo, do tell :D it's interesting!

Another claim to fame... I went to the same high school that John Simm went to. And it's being knocked down soon :(

owlart
07-28-2010, 07:36 AM
I've had lunch with Sir Patrick Moore!

Qwertyanon
07-28-2010, 08:53 AM
ive met the guys from Aiden, crystal castles and i met steve from mindless self indulgence.

daring_gal
07-28-2010, 08:57 AM
I spy a lot of jealousy coming your way ;):D

haha i wouldn't be that jelous he wasn't that nice when i saw him :(