PDA

View Full Version : Adult dare section

andrew_b
07-22-2010, 05:34 AM
Okay i'm sure everyone is fed up with seeing the same old dares, get naked etc etc. I know I can sometimes I can be guilty of posting dares like this but try to add original twist. What I suggest is a section for sexual or adult dares, doesn't have to be a section that you have to be 18 to enter but maybe have a warning that the dares in that section can be dangerous etc. It would also free up the normal dare section for original non sexual dares, which personally I don't think their are enough good dares on it.

rhode64
07-22-2010, 05:48 AM
Thats a good idea for those of us over 18 it would also silence the critics that are worried about younger members being cojuled into doing things that some might say they shouldnt be doing at their age.very senseable suggestion .

andrew_b
07-22-2010, 05:52 AM
Thats a good idea for those of us over 18 it would also silence the critics that are worried about younger members being cojuled into doing things that some might say they shouldnt be doing at their age.very senseable suggestion .

well if someone was under the age, their would always be a way round it but my suggestion at least gets rid of a lot crap threads that no one responds to or even cares about and the people who do could just go to the sexual dares.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-22-2010, 07:11 AM
well if someone was under the age, their would always be a way round it but my suggestion at least gets rid of a lot crap threads that no one responds to or even cares about and the people who do could just go to the sexual dares.

So you're generalising the current section and saying it's full of a lot of crap? How nice. I think, as with the SM Area, it's just a case of finding the hidden gems. Yes, there are terrible "get nude lol" dares but then there are some which are seriously brilliantly thought out.

Instead of rubbishing the section, I think a better suggestion would be to get the mods to use the "Best of getDare" section more. That, or tell everyone to start rating the better threads more so they stand out.

[My suggestion would be this, though... we have a "thanks" feature. But you don't know how many thanks a post has got until you view the thread. Maybe, alongside ratings, on the main forum listing page, have something that tells you how many thanks the thread's got. Then you can seek out the best ones.]

Stix
07-22-2010, 03:00 PM
I've been thinking too...If there was a way to put at the side how many "thanks" a thread has, then maybe it would be a good idea to be able to sort the threads by "thanks" or even by "user who posted" or "views" or "replies"...

Just a thought :)

lokelake
07-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Isn't Kinktalk already for 18 and overs? So there is your 18 and over section.

BettyBoop
07-23-2010, 08:40 AM
sort the threads by "thanks" or even by "user who posted" or "views" or "replies"...
I think this is a really good idea seeing as people use the thanks rather than the rating system.
And Loke, KinkTalk is 18+ but it's also not a TorD website so that's pointless.

Leopard
07-23-2010, 03:08 PM
I think this is a really good idea seeing as people use the thanks rather than the rating system.
And Loke, KinkTalk is 18+ but it's also not a TorD website so that's pointless.

There isn't really any reason kinktalk can't have a section for 18+ dares for people to do (put it under 'other stuff' or something.) Posting dares that people search out then complete and post about really isn't TorD either.

nate2010
07-23-2010, 08:19 PM
I've been thinking too...If there was a way to put at the side how many "thanks" a thread has, then maybe it would be a good idea to be able to sort the threads by "thanks" or even by "user who posted" or "views" or "replies"...

You can already sort threads by user who posted (alphabetically), views, rating, and replies. When you are viewing a board you can click at the very top of the board where it says Thread, Thread Starter, Rating, Last Post (which is the default), Replies, and Views. Click once and they are sorted alphabetically A-Z for Thread and Thread Starter, highest ratings for Rating, soonest post for Last Post, and highest number for Replies and Views. Click again and the threads are sorted Z-A, oldest post, and the lowest rating/number.

lokelake
07-24-2010, 08:39 AM
There isn't really any reason kinktalk can't have a section for 18+ dares for people to do (put it under 'other stuff' or something.) Posting dares that people search out then complete and post about really isn't TorD either.

I agree with what leopard said.

I think KT should have an 18+ section for dares. Why not right? It is already a kinky place for just adults.

DavidCole
03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Yes I agree Thats a good idea for those of us over 18 it would also silence the critics that are worried about younger members being cojuled into doing things that some might say they shouldnt be doing at their age.

nellybell
03-26-2012, 03:33 PM
It was tried and it failed. Badly.