PDA

View Full Version : The ignore list

garrasdevil
07-15-2010, 12:48 AM
Hey guys, I know theres a topic about this already but I have a diffrent approach to how we can improve this. Lol I cant tell how many people ask me to be their master, AND IM A GUY and Im almost positive its ten times worse than girls. But instead of adding them to my ignore list I tell them that your not gonna find one this way. Well what if everytime you ignore somebody they get sent a notification saying they were ignored hy somebody. Maybe it might get the message across that they cant just ask randomly like that, and they will relize they are annoying people. Sorry if Im ranting about this lol.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-15-2010, 06:24 AM
To be honest, some people still wouldn't give up.

Manbearpig
07-15-2010, 06:26 AM
I don't like the idea of a message saying, "You have been ignored by USER X," simply because this would create more trouble than there already is.

Star Shadows
07-15-2010, 06:36 AM
I don't like the idea of a message saying, "You have been ignored by USER X," simply because this would create more trouble than there already is.

I agree, it seems likely to provoke fights.
And doctor has an incredibly good point. Some people are just stupendously persistent. So there is a large chance that the effect you desire will not be achieved.

Slenderman - Doctor
07-15-2010, 06:39 AM
I agree, it seems likely to provoke fights.
And doctor has an incredibly good point. Some people are just stupendously persistent. So there is a large chance that the effect you desire will not be achieved.

No notification: "Ah, I'll keep doing it."
Notification: "Ah, ignored. I'll find someone else."

:)

Star Shadows
07-15-2010, 06:41 AM
No notification: "Ah, I'll keep doing it."
Notification: "Ah, ignored. I'll find someone else."

:)

Exactly.
I seem to find lecturing them scares them off though. especially the ones that cant even SPELL mistress let alone find a none.
And even when it doesn't work I get something to rant at.

BettyBoop
07-16-2010, 05:52 PM
And some people ignore people just because they dislike them, and it's unfair to get a bunch of notifications saying you've been ignored when you done nothing wrong.

theone
07-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Maybe on the parts of getDare that you don’t get notifications, we should get a notification to say there will be no notifications. :D

Getting back on topic. People are people and no matter how many systems are in place, some people will still persist. Systems are useful but they have limitations. Interaction needs to be worked on.

There are things users can do themselves, like making their likes/dislikes viewable in signatures. Reasonable members will comply with this. Granted some users will not take the hint and in such circumstances use the “BLOCK” option. If harassment takes place on other parts of the site then I’m sure the mods will help, if you report it.