PDA

View Full Version : DareSlave room... BAN right away

lokelake
07-12-2010, 08:46 PM
Alright, the dareslave room should not be treated as a lounge, but many people do and it happens almost every day! I think when a mod goes in there, the next person who does not use the room for what is for should get chat banned (I know, sounds a bit harsh, but hey, have to do something about it to get the message across).

I don't know if this should belong in getdare.com or not.

MetalGreek
07-12-2010, 10:05 PM
loke....you were just in the dareslave room not talking about m/s or anything close to it at all...

nellybell
07-12-2010, 10:21 PM
Alright, the dareslave room should not be treated as a lounge, but many people do and it happens almost every day! I think when a mod goes in there, the next person who does not use the room for what is for should get chat banned (I know, sounds a bit harsh, but hey, have to do something about it to get the message across).

I don't know if this should belong in getdare.com or not.

My question is, why do you care? You were in there earlier, and doing the same thing you want others to be banned for. Do you see what might be off about that? I don't really see the harm in people being in there, if anything it brings a little life to a place that is very often silent and I have actually seen on topic discussion not just a blank wall. People are happy.

If a mod has an issue with it they will surely right it in a way that won't cause so much drama, not just an instant banning.

war990
07-12-2010, 10:25 PM
I agree with the person above, but I also think that if you go into the DareSlave lounge and see that the people in it are talking about DareSlavery stuff then I don't think you should go in a try to change the subject, but if you're the only one in there then I think you should be able to start a chat with the next person who comes in and I think it should be able to be about anything.

Anjelen
07-13-2010, 01:39 AM
Loke - i don't dislike you. But more and more i'm beginning to think that you're a douche for your incessant whining and whinging on how GetDare is, and should be run.

As for this particular example - As the previous poster says, if there are too few people in the room to effectively and enjoyably play TorD, then everyone should be free to have a chat while waiting - otherwise the group in the room will stay a group of one or two at most.

People are social animals, Loke. While it would be 'nice' if everyone who filed into that room filed in there and just played TorD - We're not robots and we like social interaction. Wich means talking. Babbling about any and all of a hundred thousand subjects.

It may be a dareslave room - whatever that means in practicality - but if noone's apparantly interrested in dareslavery, then what?

I don't chat here for precisely the reason that there's always some kind of wanker going on about how we should be doing (x) or singing (y) or all suck (z)'s cock - no. I'm here to enjoy myself, not to listen to some social inadept preach.

If that means that the room - or thread - i'm in, go horribly offtopic? So be it. As long as there's an intelligent conversation ongoing still... Moar cowbell!

LilAngel
07-13-2010, 02:15 AM
Loke, I personally believe that the way it is going is fine. If a mod feels like they should move the conversation to the Lounge, then so be it. If they're fine with it, then whatever. The ban option in the chatroom is only used when we feel someone is either one, dangerous to those they are interacting with, or two, if they are being overly offensive or unreasonable. Of course, there are exceptions.

Contrary to what you may think, the moderators don't like banning people. We do it because it will help getDare grow and prevent trolls.

07-13-2010, 06:05 AM
Well, it is true that speaking lounge talk in the Dare Slave chatroom is against the chat rooms and in turn, an offense, but maybe instant chat banning, as it seems, is a little too harsh on people. (even if it's only an 20 minute ban)

However, i do believe that it is only appropriate for mods to go into the chat room and TELL the people to move it to the lounge. And if they don't wanna listen, then the next best thing would be a chat ban. Even though the Dare Slave frequenters don't complain outright about this, it is only fair for them to have their own room for doing what they need to do, and Loungers/Lounge talk should not be invading. Since we all are pricks to people who come into the Lounge and go all "TORD PLOX", it's only fair that we leave the other rooms alone?

lokelake
07-13-2010, 08:33 AM
@MG

Well yeah, because people who goes to the lounge doesn't stay long before they head over to the ds room.

@Angelen

I am not whining this time. I thought I heard before the ds room should not be treated like a lounge, so I was trying to reinforce that.

Manbearpig
07-13-2010, 08:06 PM
Okay, lets keep the conversation on topic and we don't need to be singeling people out.

keykitty
07-14-2010, 09:18 AM
I think it is in the mods discretion to choose for who to ban and within what terms. Banning right away would not solve anything. I think a tap on the shoulder like a "Hey can you move to the lounge" before a ban is reasonable. But the others are right...the dare slave room doesn't really come to much use usually except by ex loungers. Plus I don't know if I speak for anybody else or not but when there are people I do not feel like dealing with in lounge, I take comfort knowing I can talk to others in another room who I enjoy. I think writing a thread about this is kind of off the mark too... take this up with a mod.

max to the extreme
07-14-2010, 12:48 PM
Alright, the dareslave room should not be treated as a lounge, but many people do and it happens almost every day! I think when a mod goes in there, the next person who does not use the room for what is for should get chat banned (I know, sounds a bit harsh, but hey, have to do something about it to get the message across). .

yes this happened to me because i wasnt fully aware of the rules and i was banned for a week :mad: :mad:

busted
07-14-2010, 02:40 PM
I agree with lokelake that this can be extreamly annoying. If you were to do somethig about I think there's two ways of solving it:

1.) (The nice way) - The real "elite" members of the site (they know who they are) lead by example and go to the correct rooms and even if there's nobody there still just sit there and wait.

2.) ( The harsh way) - Ban every one who goes in the wrong chat room and talks about the wrong thing knowing there doing it for one hour from the chat room.

Just my opinion,
:)

Manbearpig
07-14-2010, 03:02 PM
yes this happened to me because i wasnt fully aware of the rules and i was banned for a week :mad: :mad:

:facepalm:

No you didn't read them. Any issues with infractions should be dealt with via pm. Keep this for on topic conversations

nellybell
07-14-2010, 03:37 PM
I think it is in the mods discretion to choose for who to ban and within what terms. Banning right away would not solve anything. I think a tap on the shoulder like a "Hey can you move to the lounge" before a ban is reasonable. But the others are right...the dare slave room doesn't really come to much use usually except by ex loungers. Plus I don't know if I speak for anybody else or not but when there are people I do not feel like dealing with in lounge, I take comfort knowing I can talk to others in another room who I enjoy. I think writing a thread about this is kind of off the mark too... take this up with a mod.

I agree. Besides the lounge has been rather slow as of late. A lot of regulars just havn't been on as much recently, so sitting in the lounge waiting for people who just aren't going to show up seems rather useless. I also don't see why anyone should have to sit for hours in a room by themselves when there is another room with pleanty of people to talk to.
If a mod doesn't like it they we make thier opinion known, and deal with it in a rational way.

lokelake
07-14-2010, 07:29 PM
I agree with lokelake that this can be extreamly annoying. If you were to do somethig about I think there's two ways of solving it:

1.) (The nice way) - The real "elite" members of the site (they know who they are) lead by example and go to the correct rooms and even if there's nobody there still just sit there and wait.

2.) ( The harsh way) - Ban every one who goes in the wrong chat room and talks about the wrong thing knowing there doing it for one hour from the chat room.

Just my opinion,

Thank You!! Someone agrees with me! I do like your #1 on the list there and I also like your #2 but I think an hour is a bit too long, maybe 20 min max.

Star Shadows
07-15-2010, 04:38 AM
I agree. Besides the lounge has been rather slow as of late. A lot of regulars just havn't been on as much recently, so sitting in the lounge waiting for people who just aren't going to show up seems rather useless. I also don't see why anyone should have to sit for hours in a room by themselves when there is another room with pleanty of people to talk to.
If a mod doesn't like it they we make thier opinion known, and deal with it in a rational way.

I have to agree with nelly (and with others with the same idea). At the moment the site, and the chatrooms especially seem painfully slow, even compared with what they can be usually. No one wants to sit in a room by themselves waiting for members that are rarely even online.

This problem has been the same across ALL the rooms, not just this one anyway. Banning people is likely to just stop even more people from going in chat. I know I for one wouldn't want to be sitting on my own when my friends are in another room talking happily. So I just wouldn't bother. You seem to be the only one it is doing serious harm to.

busted
07-15-2010, 04:53 AM
I have to agree with nelly (and with others with the same idea). At the moment the site, and the chatrooms especially seem painfully slow, even compared with what they can be usually. No one wants to sit in a room by themselves waiting for members that are rarely even online.

This problem has been the same across ALL the rooms, not just this one anyway. Banning people is likely to just stop even more people from going in chat. I know I for one wouldn't want to be sitting on my own when my friends are in another room talking happily. So I just wouldn't bother. You seem to be the only one it is doing serious harm to.

Thats what happens everybody goes to the room with the most people init. *(Goes into dream world :rolleyes:))* Along time ago i suggested like a facebook chat thing as well as the current chatroom so people could talk to their friends while surfing the forums.

nellybell
07-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Thats what happens everybody goes to the room with the most people init. *(Goes into dream world :rolleyes:))* Along time ago i suggested like a facebook chat thing as well as the current chatroom so people could talk to their friends while surfing the forums.

They do go to the room with the most people, and I don't really see the problem with that. Right now there aren't really enough people at points to have two or three rooms going. Therefore I don't really see the harm in having one room were people can talk. Besides, it gives people a chance to talk to others they normally wouldn't have the chance to, make new friends. Isn't that one of the main reasons a lot of people go into the chatrooms regularly?

I like the facebook style chat idea, though it would probably be a ton of work to set up so I see why it isn't around, sadly.

Blank
07-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Loke you recently came of a 1 month ban and I believe Depp said he wont tolerate your "bitching" anymore and he told you to think weather you want to stay here. Did you listen to him? because if you keep doing this you will end up going bye byes forever and I dont think you would like that so please stop and think about stuff please.

lokelake
07-15-2010, 03:20 PM
Loke you recently came of a 1 month ban and I believe Depp said he wont tolerate your "bitching" anymore and he told you to think weather you want to stay here. Did you listen to him? because if you keep doing this you will end up going bye byes forever and I dont think you would like that so please stop and think about stuff please.

Depp already read this. And as I said before, I am not whining or bitching this time.

keykitty
07-15-2010, 03:51 PM
I don't think you are whining and bitching so much as you are trying to attention whore as usual. If you want to do that please create your own site and leave Depp and the other mods to their job.

lokelake
07-15-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't think you are whining and bitching so much as you are trying to attention whore as usual. If you want to do that please create your own site and leave Depp and the other mods to their job.

Ahh key, doesnt anyone who post on any site want attention? If not, then no one will ever vist their site/forum/post/thread and see what they wrote.

So please, next time, think before you reply in a thread.

07-15-2010, 07:28 PM

You guys... are just flaming one another now. I think this has gone way off topic?

lokelake
07-15-2010, 08:32 PM
Well oh well. Everyone knows where I stand on this.

mistressizzy
07-15-2010, 10:02 PM
@MG

Well yeah, because people who goes to the lounge doesn't stay long before they head over to the ds room.

OH so its okay when YOU talk off topic because everyone else does it first and somehow you have no choice, but if there's non-dare talk in ds room done by anyone else BANZOR
Um...This whole topic stinks. If you were so awesome and knowledgable about running sites you would have been made into a mod already, and thank goodness you're not - the insta-ban thing is retarded, do you have an allergy to warnings and asking nicely?
Wait wait- even a non-mod can do that!!!
SHOCK

Believe it or not some banter between tord games makes it more fun - to know more about likes or dislikes, or just the person generally to know what they're into. And you know what? Sometimes topics change back and fourth, between dares if your slave is off hanging himself in the closet using his mother's pantyhose, what am *i* supposed to do, sit there silently? Course not. I chat in the meantime.

LilAngel
07-15-2010, 11:13 PM
This thread is becoming 'redder' by the second and I feel that the mods who wanted to comment on this has already done so.

Closed.