PDA

View Full Version : some guidelines please

Elina
07-11-2010, 04:57 PM
hi.

well, here`s the thing, i have a nice idea about a Ds story, characters made, situation, what to do and so on.

but i haven`t written any stories before, only read them.

so i would like to know some guidelines on writing a good story, how to make it interesting, how to write it, how to express the feelings of people, and what would make you want to read more and would make you wet or hard.

garrasdevil
07-11-2010, 05:10 PM
Ok, well I read alot of them, heres not to do:
1) Dont rush the story, let it slowly develop, but you have to be sure not to make it TOO slow.
2) In the begining of the story, dont do character bios, you should just let that develop.
3) Also, try something new, we have alot of similar storys here.

Heres what to do:
1) Treat it like its being graded, it keeps the quility level up.
2) Run it through word first to catch typos, punctuation and grammer mistakes, they really bring down the value of the story.
3) Have fun.

garrasdevil
07-11-2010, 05:14 PM
Oh, and be sure to add lots of detail, helps capture the illusion ;)

davgrant
07-12-2010, 06:18 PM
The most important lesson I ever learnt during my writing and I have seen every write say it.

Show don't tell

Show your stories don't just tell them. Don't tell us the girl walked down the street. Show us! But then there is the other side of the spectrum where if you go Dickens style then it would be TOO much of a show. So keep it in moderate.

Some writers prefer to just let the writing flow. I tend to get down my words as soon as possible on paper before I go back and reread and edit it to my satisfaction. This helps me get the idea on paper before I lose the flow.

And most importantly ENJOY. If you enjoy doing something there is no way you cannot do a good job.