PDA

View Full Version : Bumping Terrible Posts

Catalyst
06-22-2010, 07:09 PM
So, I just got to thinking... Whenever a terrible post is made in the M/s section, everyone seems to bump it by posting on the thread, only to say how terrible it is. This tends to be off-topic, and it clutters that section with bad posts at the top.

Instead, how about people try bumping the better threads, giving thanks, and maybe posting a nice comment, like we usually do. Stop bumping terrible threads, and post on their visitor comments section on their profile, please.

Slenderman - Doctor
06-23-2010, 07:33 AM
I've thought this for a while. No wonder people complain the first two pages = bad ads. They make 'em appear there! :p

Star Shadows
06-23-2010, 08:09 AM
I have started trying to be more active in PMing the bad ads, that way they can be guided into improving without cluttering the main forums. Seemed like a more useful idea to me, rather than bumping bad ones.

thanks Catalyst

BettyBoop
06-23-2010, 02:46 PM
I agree completely with this, it knocks all the good ads off the first page.
Please, try helping them out on their page or via PM and then also try rating the ad also.

Mere
06-24-2010, 01:58 AM
I agree too :)
I've been telling the OPs to read useful threads first, but now I just PM them and rate the ad. It's a better way I believe. Bumping good ads with compliments can be done :)
Thanks!

CollaredBlondie
06-27-2010, 03:48 AM
I was actually thinking about this the other day. While I have been guilty of telling people to make their ads better, and thus bumping them, I feel I praise the good ads more. I think in future I'm jut going to ignore the bad ads and praise the good ones. Thanks fr bringing this to -everyone's- attention Catalyst.

Catalyst
06-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Not a problem. Not to act like a backseat mod or anything, but if I see people bumping terrible ads, I'm going to kindly refer them to this thread through visitor messaging. Its not really a moderator issue though, so its not really backseat modding.

Rachie
11-02-2010, 04:31 PM
Agree totally. I often find if you have something negative to say abou something the best thing to do is send a pvt message and give the thread/post a rating you think is justifyable.

However also give others rating that you feel are great, therefore all posts will get a true representative of what people's views are.

erick92
11-06-2010, 03:41 PM
Not a problem. Not to act like a backseat mod or anything, but if I see people bumping terrible ads, I'm going to kindly refer them to this thread through visitor messaging. Its not really a moderator issue though, so its not really backseat modding.

You're not back-seat modding. You're simply telling them to suck less. :)