PDA

View Full Version : Honoring the Limits

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 04:55 AM
Yea so this is a problem I've noticed happening a lot. People ask for dares, specify some limits, and then they get a bunch of dares dishonoring those limits. I know that it's a matter that can just be ignored, but it's also annoying as hell.
It's specially a problem in the "Dare the Person Above" threads, where you're meant to give a dare to the people above you, but then some people totally ignore the limits and give... a public dare to someone who doesn't wanna do public. That is kind of unfair to the person as that means he/she actually didn't get any dare at all, as he/she cant do the dare.

My opinion is that dishonoring the limits should be against the rules, and even enough to warrant a warning if one person keeps doing it, despite being told not to.

I'm not sure anyone else agrees with me, or even sees what the problem is, but please give me feedback on this idea, no matter what you're opinion is.

MasterPain
10-15-2007, 06:04 AM
it is true that the limits are not been respected... i see it all the time on this site... but enforceing it would double or tripple the ammount of work the mods will have to do.

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 06:10 AM
If the board demands more mods... then "hire" more mods... Or maybe each mod could be assigned a specific task.. Like some would have to get rid of "send picz plz" posts, and some would keep an eye on flames wars and such, and some would keep and eyes on limits?

I know that this would only give more work to the mods, and I really don't know how many there are, but alot of mods have disappeared lately, so i suggest adding more mods to this site.

Edit to add:
Or also do what most sites do, assign one mod for each board...

MasterPain
10-15-2007, 06:14 AM
that is true but finding people they could trust to be a mod, that is the thing.
you promote the wrong person who cant be impartial and say favors you and doesent like naughty_cloe, so you start posting what ever you want without fear of being deleated while cloe's post gets deleted every time she makes one.

then the site could get messed up by the fact that someone could just trashcan the entire site in a day..

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 06:19 AM
that is true but finding people they could trust to be a mod, that is the thing.
you promote the wrong person who cant be impartial and say favors you and doesent like naughty_cloe, so you start posting what ever you want without fear of being deleated while cloe's post gets deleted every time she makes one.

then the site could get messed up by the fact that someone could just trashcan the entire site in a day..

So what you're saying is we shouldn't get new mods out of fear they'd be abuse their powers?
Being a mod doesn't give you privileges... If a mod is unfair he/she should be demoted... And I don't think Depp would hesitate doing that if that person was abusing his/her powers.

MasterPain
10-15-2007, 06:49 AM
well i am saying that mods would have to be trusted by the admins, have a small relationship(friendship) with them.

yes i know that if depp sees some one abuseing their power that he would take proper actions
but then it only would take 1-2 hours to delete all the information from the site

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 07:49 AM
well i am saying that mods would have to be trusted by the admins, have a small relationship(friendship) with them.

yes i know that if depp sees some one abuseing their power that he would take proper actions
but then it only would take 1-2 hours to delete all the information from the site

Im pretty sure Mods dont have the previliges to delete everything... besides... I'm pretty sure Depp and the rest of the mods have enough brain to assign someone they believe would be good for the site.. I mean you'd have to be completely braindead not to at least have SOME idea of who to assign and who you shouldn't. So far the mods assigned have all been great... Why would this history suddenly change?
Tha staff has experience in who to assign and who not to. I'm afraid I don't see what to be concerned about here. I don't get your point.

zeketheorc
10-15-2007, 11:48 AM
The problem I see with this is the fact that people can simply forget ones limits or get them confused with someone else. If you talk to the person for a while and give them dares then its very possible you might give them something involving a limit accidentally

kc101
10-15-2007, 11:56 AM
The problem I see with this is the fact that people can simply forget ones limits or get them confused with someone else. If you talk to the person for a while and give them dares then its very possible you might give them something involving a limit accidentally

some of the time people still ignore people limits even if they are in their signature :S

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 12:22 PM
some of the time people still ignore people limits even if they are in their signature :S

Yea this is what I'm talking about... I'm not talking about the Chat or whatever...
But where people deliberately dishonor one's limits even though they are RIGHT there... as obvious as they can be.

xxxMichellexxx
10-15-2007, 02:18 PM
ok it's not our job to make someone respect others limits. If it's against your limits then don't do it. it's the users job to respect each other's limits.

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 02:47 PM
ok it's not our job to make someone respect others limits. If it's against your limits then don't do it. it's the users job to respect each other's limits.

Still I do find it to an increasing problem... The rules say that each member has to respect each other right? I find this quite disrespectful. I try my hardest to point out when people cross this border, would be easier if people helped more though.
Would be great if everyone(or at least the more experienced members) could help around, keeping everything clean... But I dunno.
THis is just a really annoying thing. If not for anything, I just think it's mos problematic in the "dare above" threads, as the person's round kind of just gets wasted when this happens.

SubMissChievous
10-15-2007, 03:23 PM
I understand & completely agree with you. I've seen this happen frequently in the TORD section. But I think the best solution would be for people who's limits are not being respected to let know the person who disregarded them that they won't do their dares & why. Hopefully this would encourage people to read posts entirely before replying & be more respectful in that aspect.

Krystal
10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
i think maintaing the respect of your limits should be the job of each individual member. the mods shouldn't have to monitor and enforce it. if someone sends you a dare past your lmits, kindly tell them your limits, and if they send you another dare thats obviously past your limit, just ignore them. this is the only way others will get to know what you like and what you dont like and how far they can push you. you just have to get a conversation going so they'll understand this.
if they keep harrassing you though then get a mod involved.

*my 2 cents*

TheLittleStrawberry
10-15-2007, 04:10 PM
i think maintaing the respect of your limits should be the job of each individual member. the mods shouldn't have to monitor and enforce it. if someone sends you a dare past your lmits, kindly tell them your limits, and if they send you another dare thats obviously past your limit, just ignore them. this is the only way others will get to know what you like and what you dont like and how far they can push you. you just have to get a conversation going so they'll understand this.
if they keep harrassing you though then get a mod involved.

*my 2 cents*

Im not talking about me though.. Just people in general. And yea, it can be solved if we all just try and tell those people what they are doing wrong... But We're all responsible for maintaining this site. :)

Manbearpig
10-15-2007, 07:37 PM
I posted something on this a while back. I still stick by my stance on that it is very annoying, especially in the person above dare where you post something like NO PUBLIC (just for example, i do some public dares) and the next person goes, run down a busy street naked. It is very annoying.