PDA

View Full Version : Do you like how the site is run?

Collared_Slave
10-14-2007, 10:17 AM
I think as there has been a few people complaining about this site that it should be put to a public vote if they like the site or not and possible improvements that could be made. So please vote and place your comments below.

I like how the site is run and think that there could be certain improvements.

chain
10-14-2007, 10:49 AM
This is what annoys me. a) We have a suggestion thread. b) You say there can be improvements, yet you don't offer any suggestions or examples. c) This belongs in the getDare.com Section.

Collared_Slave
10-14-2007, 10:56 AM
This is what annoys me. a) We have a suggestion thread. b) You say there can be improvements, yet you don't offer any suggestions or examples. c) This belongs in the getDare.com Section.
Well excuse me for being nice and trying to help.
If u really want to know my improvements:
1. have a reason for why people r banned- its just useful to know what they have done wrong and it shows people that u shouldnt do it and then they refrain from doing it.

2. the creator of a thread should be able to move it after they have posted it in case they have accidently put it in the wrong section.(this might not be possible due to the software though)

3. that the age and gender for a slave master post should be entered automatically for the user to stop mistakes and to stop people lying. (again this might not be possible due to the software though)

Dice7
10-14-2007, 01:13 PM
1) I agree with

The other 2 really arn't good reasons to suggest the forum is run badly. I run a website myself and know threads like this would really annoy me.

Marc
10-14-2007, 01:15 PM
Why should the reason that someone is banned be made public? As long as the banned person is made aware of the reason why - which I think they are - then surely that is sufficient?

TheLittleStrawberry
10-14-2007, 02:04 PM
Why should the reason that someone is banned be made public? As long as the banned person is made aware of the reason why - which I think they are - then surely that is sufficient?

Well I'd love to know why these people get banned... But that's more because I'm curious, and I stick my nose in other people's business :p.... I think this goes for everyone else too. So just ignore this request.

Perosnally I think the site is run fine... just... lacking a few mods.

depp
10-14-2007, 05:27 PM
I don't have time for a full reply now. I will follow up on these points with more info later on.

RE: 1
Give me some time as I am just running out the door now. I have no problem publishing the data on the reason for each user ban up until today. I'll have that up soon as a download and also look for a solution to notify everyone the reason behind a users ban.

RE: 2
I believe users can currently delete their own threads shortly after posting them (expires with first post). If this is not the case I'll look into adding it. I like the idea.

RE: 3
This is possibe but requires me to do a litttle research into how the sofware handles things. I'll look into it this weekend.

Collared_Slave
10-17-2007, 01:02 AM
I don't have time for a full reply now. I will follow up on these points with more info later on.

RE: 1
Give me some time as I am just running out the door now. I have no problem publishing the data on the reason for each user ban up until today. I'll have that up soon as a download and also look for a solution to notify everyone the reason behind a users ban.

RE: 2
I believe users can currently delete their own threads shortly after posting them (expires with first post). If this is not the case I'll look into adding it. I like the idea.

RE: 3
This is possibe but requires me to do a litttle research into how the sofware handles things. I'll look into it this weekend.

Thank you depp!
I also think that there should be a few more mods to help with the site- well the site is expanding rapidly and some mods have left so we need new ones.

Smile Guy
10-28-2007, 12:16 PM
1. Generally, we tell the individual why they've been banned.

2. I think us moderators get their quickly enough thank you very much.

3. Not my subject area...

brownie
10-28-2007, 12:18 PM
I like how the sites going, the ones before i found this was bad. This is the best one. Ya there can be imrovements, but there can always be improvments

depp
11-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Sorry for the long delay on this issue. I have had some things go on in my personal life that have torn me away from getdare, my work, and most of my life.

I can't guarantee anything at this moment but I can say that I will do this very soon and I apologize for the delay. I am just going through some very stressful and emotional times right now. As things improve for me (I hope) I will begin to be active here.

Glutgod
11-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I like this sight very much improvement would be fun, but its not manditory or anything!

Swooper
11-15-2007, 11:08 PM
I love how the site is run, but I think we need to somehow stop 12-13 year olds getting onto the BDSM stuff, I know there are some youngsters that want to do these things, but should they be hit full on by some of the pictures and stories on here. I know it is a hard and complicated site to run, but just a suggestion.

Pikachu
11-16-2007, 03:05 AM
unfortunetly not even mods can help people lieing about there age and accessign the bdsm stuff which is heaven btw
i personally love the way this site is being run except for the odd insult here and there there should be a crackdown on unnesasary insults which are out of line

depp
11-17-2007, 05:08 AM
12 and 13 year olds should not be allowed to register. The system will not accept birth dates in that range. If you spot users claiming to be this young I would recommend reporting their posts using the built in "Report Post" icon in each post and PM. Be sure to include an explanation. They will then be sent to the moderation bin to be looked over by the staff.

Because of your requests and concerns we now will explain (at any users request) why another user was banned. For this see the "Why was user X banned?" thread in the getDare.com section.

there there should be a crackdown on unnesasary insults which are out of line
I very much agree. I often lash out at people who blatantly violate our rules but that creates a bit of a double standard. I have seen on many occasions users follow my lead (attacking glaring rule violations) in situations I do not agree with. We all need to calm down a bit. I have started a discussion with the other staff members as to how to begin change in this area.

I also think that there should be a few more mods to help with the site- well the site is expanding rapidly and some mods have left so we need new ones.
I agree and so does the staff. TheLittleStrawberry is our latest addition to the staff and we plan to add more in the near future.

Swooper
11-17-2007, 06:29 AM
Depp I have never had a problem with you or any of the other mods in this site, but maybe that is because I am Australian and am used to have things being said to me straight down the line. I find if things are straight then there is no misunderstanding, I was just stating, that 12-13 are able to sneak on sometimes, not intentionally but get here and lie about their age, what do we do if we find them lying?

But this site is a good thing to have for a lot of different type of people have a look at how big this community is and how varied people are, you have cheer leaders in with geeks and they all get along on the whole. I don't know many other sites that can or will do that so openingly, trustingly and willingly.

I am not a big poster, I like to browse and read and I do take note of what is being said and down here, and as you can see I am usually here at least 3 times a week to catch up on my favourite stories or other things that have been happening here.

Davros
12-24-2007, 02:35 AM

Lighten up.

(Too short)