PDA

View Full Version : New PM Spam Stopper!

depp
10-14-2007, 03:16 AM
A new feature was quietly added recently. You know that little report post button each post has? No!!!!!? Well, now private messages have that same little button. When you click it (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/images/cinvin_diamond/buttons/report.gif) and fill out a report, our moderation team will spring into action providing swift retribution (for great justice)!

In other news.... been here a while? Make good posts? Wanna lend us a hand? We need people to help police the boards smashing idiots and keeping the slaves at bay! Think you can cut it? Reply with something that impresses me! Also prove to me you are intelligent. Posting your IQ will get you ignored. :D

Hampers
10-14-2007, 06:10 AM
Hi.
I'm not very good at blowing my own horn (to do that I'd need some ribs removed), so I feel kinda self-conscious saying this.
Nonetheless, I reckon I could be the person you're after. I can categorically say that I've read every post in the last 6 weeks, and as such I have a feel for what people do when posting. I've been a member since about a quarter of the way through this year, and I've been ghosting since a year before that.
I'm in my last year of high school, I'm intelligent both in the sense of knowing stuff (history, physics blah blah blah), and the sense that I know how not to be too much of a dickhead on a forum. I know the forum rules pretty much off the top of my head, and I enjoy telling people when they're wrong, (as Coyote can attest to) which means I'd get a kick out of a policing-the-boards job.
Keep me in mind,
Hampers.
P.s. Thank god for the spam stopper!

Manbearpig
10-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi
I have been with the website for over a year. I make smart posts, i help people out and i try to tell people who post into a wrong section where to post. I have seen the whole Tessdog mess and recently through the Coyote mess (which wasnt as bad as that since he didnt want to take over the site). I know what is good and what is bad post wise. I can who respects people on the forum and those who just post wherever the heck they want.

Thanks
Dabear

Collared_Slave
10-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Well im replying that its a good idea and i am intelligent but im not gonna make anything up so i can get the role.

TheLittleStrawberry
10-14-2007, 12:09 PM
I dunno... I thought about this and originally i didn't really want any of these roles... But damn some people really annoy me, like "gimme picz plz send picz 2 [email protected]". I'd simply LOVE to spend just a little of my day to crack down on these people, delete their posts, and pm then a reminder of the rules and a small warning not to do it...

i know I haven't been here for long, but I've taken quite a liking to this board lol.
But this isn't really what I want the most, and if someone else wants this position more than I, i'd be fine with it as I could live without really. Well happy posting anyway :D

Hccmike
10-18-2007, 12:58 PM
Well Depp you always know Im intrested in a mod postion. I have the rules like memrozied haha. And ive been pointing out posts often that are in the wrong section or that violates rules in teh past. Not to mention ive been here for ever. I try to check the website at least once a day. Normaly ends up being multiple times and try to read almost every post that I have missed .

Anyways~
Thanks for the spam blocker... I get so many damn pms saying "DARE ME" just outa the blue.

TheLittleStrawberry
10-18-2007, 02:25 PM
Well Depp you always know Im intrested in a mod postion. I have the rules like memrozied haha. And ive been pointing out posts often that are in the wrong section or that violates rules in teh past. Not to mention ive been here for ever. I try to check the website at least once a day. Normaly ends up being multiple times and try to read almost every post that I have missed .

Anyways~
Thanks for the spam blocker... I get so many damn pms saying "DARE ME" just outa the blue.

So true about the "dare me" thing... Lol..

I think you'd be a great choice as a mod :D

LilAngel
10-20-2007, 04:39 AM
Hey, so I haven't been on this site for long, and I don't have many posts. But I'll give this a go, all my posts are always useful, and none of them are posted just to say 'great! nice job, well done' or 'great work, I might try this later'. And as most of you are probably aware of, I am quite young, but I don't think there's any reason why some one young cannot be helping out with site. I have to say that, over the last 2 weeks, I've read several HUNDRED posts requesting for pics. The rules are quite obvious,(and that I cannot go to the slave/master section:p ).

TheLittleStrawberry
10-20-2007, 07:23 AM
Hey, so I haven't been on this site for long, and I don't have many posts. But I'll give this a go, all my posts are always useful, and none of them are posted just to say 'great! nice job, well done' or 'great work, I might try this later'. And as most of you are probably aware of, I am quite young, but I don't think there's any reason why some one young cannot be helping out with site. I have to say that, over the last 2 weeks, I've read several HUNDRED posts requesting for pics. The rules are quite obvious,(and that I cannot go to the slave/master section:p ).

Lol poor you... Guy actually WANT you :p... j/k...

Anyway... I think you're right ^^ I've never seen you post unnecessary or pointless posts :)

Collared_Slave
10-21-2007, 01:39 PM
i think that im a good follower of the rules and can inforce them- there might of been a few mishaps with the rules but everyone has done something like that.

Coyote
11-10-2007, 09:35 AM
Hi.
I'm not very good at blowing my own horn (to do that I'd need some ribs removed), so I feel kinda self-conscious saying this.
Nonetheless, I reckon I could be the person you're after. I can categorically say that I've read every post in the last 6 weeks, and as such I have a feel for what people do when posting. I've been a member since about a quarter of the way through this year, and I've been ghosting since a year before that.
I'm in my last year of high school, I'm intelligent both in the sense of knowing stuff (history, physics blah blah blah), and the sense that I know how not to be too much of a dickhead on a forum. I know the forum rules pretty much off the top of my head, and I enjoy telling people when they're wrong, (as Coyote can attest to) which means I'd get a kick out of a policing-the-boards job.
Keep me in mind,
Hampers.
P.s. Thank god for the spam stopper!

Hi
I have been with the website for over a year. I make smart posts, i help people out and i try to tell people who post into a wrong section where to post. I have seen the whole Tessdog mess and recently through the Coyote mess (which wasnt as bad as that since he didnt want to take over the site). I know what is good and what is bad post wise. I can who respects people on the forum and those who just post wherever the heck they want.

Thanks
Dabear

I wouldn't exactly call what i did a mess but ok

Sluttyslave
11-10-2007, 09:42 AM
i'm new around here so what is the Coyote Mess and the Tessdog Mess

Glutgod
11-10-2007, 10:24 AM
A new feature was quietly added recently. You know that little report post button each post has? No!!!!!? Well, now private messages have that same little button. When you click it (http://www.getdare.com/bbs/images/cinvin_diamond/buttons/report.gif) and fill out a report, our moderation team will spring into action providing swift retribution (for great justice)!

In other news.... been here a while? Make good posts? Wanna lend us a hand? We need people to help police the boards smashing idiots and keeping the slaves at bay! Think you can cut it? Reply with something that impresses me! Also prove to me you are intelligent. Posting your IQ will get you ignored. :D

Hey,
So yea, I have been here a while and I will admit some of my post may have not been the best, but recently they have been good quality. I know my way around and have a good knowledge on some of the users that get on here. I feel that I could help the getdare boards greatly if I could ever get the chance.

Thanks,
Glutgod

depp
11-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Ok, we have the mod spot filled and we also have a very good idea of who will will take in the future. I feel bad we don't have room for some of you because many of you guys would do great. Hang in there. We have not forgot about you. :)