PDA

View Full Version : Writing/Literature focus group

LittleRayRay
06-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Do you remember when our teacher used to gather us in groups so we could brainstorm for ideas on a paper we would be writing? The idea that I am proposing is quite similar to that.

It basically is a group of people that meet on MSN or YAHOO, ECT, to talk about their ideas for a new literature piece or an existing one that the author is running out of ideas for. It could continue all year round , it would be beneficial to some members who are still in school and need to write a 3k word story for literature class last minute. We would be able to help there too. The group would be for fun and for those types of circumstances.

The members wouldn’t have to lie about where they were to their family, or friends, because you don’t have to say “I am going upstairs for my Literature Focus group I am in that originated on a dare/bdsm/erotic literature site.” Because a group that writes isn’t that bad in all reality, you wouldn’t have to lock your door or wait till everyone is out of the house in order to attend a meeting. Also, it would be a great excuse to get out of eating your mothers "meat loaf surprise" saying you will just grab a bite to eat after the session.

Does anyone else thinks this is a good idea? It doesn't have to have many people in it in order for it to work. There could be different groups for different topics or time zones, once this idea gets big enough.

--- EDIT ---

If you would like to join:

Time Zone:
Preferable time for meets:
Writing Style:
Preferred name:

--- EDIT ---

I made a site for it, and if you want it please pm me.

Midnight
06-16-2010, 10:09 AM
I really like this idea. I, myself, write quite a bit, and while I don't usually brainstorm in groups now, I think it's really beneficial to those who need it. Even if you're not writing, helping someone else with an idea can be really rewarding.

Props to you for coming up with this idea!

LittleRayRay
06-16-2010, 11:46 AM
Thank you midnight, lol that just gave me some new ideas.

Of course, the group (or groups) could also be sorted by what you want to do in the sessions. Chat about literature on the site, give and get some ideas, or a meet to be in an open discussion for editing everyone's work and to talk about it to make it better. Or everything I just mentioned in one meet. It depends on the people that would like to join.

chubbsman7
06-16-2010, 09:07 PM
First of all, I think you would change your mind about meatloaf if you've ever had my mothers meatloaf.

Second, I absolutely LOVE this idea! Sadly, for personal reasons, I don't have an AIM of any sort. It's complicated. :(

Glavial
06-16-2010, 09:48 PM
I think this is brilliant =) Writing is a passion of mine and I always enjoy swapping ideas etc. My timezone is GMT+10 i think.....anyways I use MSN messenger and I dont really have an optimal time as such im more just online a lot of the time and gone for periods occasionally....In any case A way to extend this might just be for someone to setup some sort of chatroom? or messageboard? Just some way where even without sessions people can jump online, have a look at whats being said and contribute.

Just suggestions =)
please let me know what happens with this, it seems like it could help a lot of people and i'd love to be involved.

cara.loverin1989
06-19-2010, 03:24 PM
This sounds great. I am in California, and have yahoo. Just let me know! Evenings are good or like 7am