PDA

View Full Version : Additions to the reporting system

Slenderman - Doctor
06-06-2010, 01:38 AM
I suggest a form for the report feature.

I'm sure I'm not on my own when I say typing out the same thing can become a bore. For example, having to write "Wrong place" all the time can just be tedious. And "underage user" the same.

So I reckon some sort of drop-down buttons or radio buttons would be great.

Maybe have a list of generic report reasons.

[] Underage user in SM
[] Posted in the wrong section
[] Off-topic posting
[] Offering photos/videos
[] Spam
[] Other... (please specify)

Keep the text box too so people can write more in their report, but install the above feature. It's then easier and more efficient to report, and it might also help you (moderators) sort out your reports.

Thoughts? :)

CollaredBlondie
06-06-2010, 03:06 AM
I totally agree with you. Typing the same thing over and over again is a little annoying, especially if you find multiple people doing that same thing on your look through the forums ¬_¬

BettyBoop
06-06-2010, 06:11 AM
I quite like this idea, it's quicker, and I guess it would make it easier for us too.

theone
06-06-2010, 10:42 AM
I think this is a great idea. The report feature does seem a little clumsy at present.

And it might also incorporate a confirmation popup saying that the form has been submitted.

Mere
06-06-2010, 10:49 AM
I agree! It's BORING to type the same thing, over and over again -.-

Well, I like to add something silly in the report message along with the reason! :p So that won't be possible but I think I can give that up, for easier reporting feature..

[]Blackmail

Can be added :)

The Evil Porlo
06-06-2010, 10:55 AM
Great idea, shame I didnt think of it.

You can also add to it advertising and also assult/abuse as well

lukadiablo
06-06-2010, 04:59 PM
What about incorporating the CEOP alert button within the site? (article about it here (http://www.ceop.gov.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/2009/ceop_17112009.asp))

Browsing around I've seen some behaviour, which is of concern, (young teens (ie 13-14) hanging out in Dareslave and convos between them and older members going private), which if anything unsavoury was to happen it could bring a lot of trouble this direction, possibly headlines such as "Dare website populated by paedophiles", "My daughter stalked/raped after using dare site", "The site which will corrupt your children" (Daily Mail headline)

Adding the CEOP alert button would be a good pro-active action, so that if anything untoward does happen then at least the site has implemented a recognised child protection system and that might help deflect a lot of criticism from the site.

Link to apply to add the button is here (http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/assets/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1)

Just a thought. What do others think?

theone
06-12-2010, 06:46 PM
What about incorporating the CEOP alert button within the site? (article about it here (http://www.ceop.gov.uk/mediacentre/pressreleases/2009/ceop_17112009.asp))

Browsing around I've seen some behaviour, which is of concern, (young teens (ie 13-14) hanging out in Dareslave and convos between them and older members going private), which if anything unsavoury was to happen it could bring a lot of trouble this direction, possibly headlines such as "Dare website populated by paedophiles", "My daughter stalked/raped after using dare site", "The site which will corrupt your children" (Daily Mail headline)

Adding the CEOP alert button would be a good pro-active action, so that if anything untoward does happen then at least the site has implemented a recognised child protection system and that might help deflect a lot of criticism from the site.

Link to apply to add the button is here (http://www.thinkuknow.co.uk/assets/Default.aspx?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1)

Just a thought. What do others think?

This is quite a big subject to tag onto the end of this particular thread, maybe it needs a thread on its own.
You are asking what others think and I personally think it is a very good idea but essentially it is an issue for the policy makers on getDare. I think that would be Depp and the Mods.

I see some problems myself.

1. CEOP is essentially aimed at sites specifically for young people. getDare is a mix of young and over 18.

2. Maybe I should refrain from making any further comments here as they could be the catalyst of more controversial and problematic issues. Consequently taking the thread off topic.

3. In conclusion, the protection of children is always a good idea.

Amelie
06-13-2010, 06:34 PM
I see a positive and a negative to this. Firstly, we might get more reports which of course does help and of course save you diddums from having to type a few words. On the other hand we might not get as many details from reports as people will be less inclined to type anything out.

secret1989fun
06-13-2010, 08:00 PM
It could also be turned into something that gets abused, someone doesnt like another and so on. But, I thing that the idea that the doctor came up with sound great.