PDA

View Full Version : Forum rules

jackdaniel
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
This thread is about xxthatgirl's search for a slave & not about forum rules. Please no more off-topic comments here. This thread belongs to her & we should all respect this.

Fair enough:cool:

Then I'll just write it here.
I think it's ridiculous how much people care about whether someone is 15 or 16.
Anyway, I don't really get why you have to be 16. Why just 16. Wouldn't it be more logical if it was 15? After all that's the number that's usually used.

Why not just have the same rules as Nexopia (a dating/friendfinder homepage).
Here everyone is allowed everywhere on the site, but you have to be 14 to register. Much better system instead of splitting members of a site.

Merlin
10-09-2007, 11:23 AM
i am quite new here but as far as i understand it the minimum ager for the master slave section is basically 18 and not 16 (the 16 and 17 year olds are only tolerated by the mods...) the rest is free for all.

[/quote]Why not just have the same rules as Nexopia (a dating/friendfinder homepage).
Here everyone is allowed everywhere on the site, but you have to be 14 to register. Much better system instead of splitting members of a site.[/quote]
1. why not you have to be 18?
2. to use your only argument why can someone that is 13 and 11 months not enter? and if you let him in why not someone that is 13 ans 10 months.. 13 and 9 months... i understand your argument! Of course it is silly to tell someone that is 2 days away from 16 that he is not old enough and someone that is 3 days older is. But you have to make a line somewhere... the only solution for this would be to say only adults can post that means no one under the age of 18! (If i read some of the posts here that maybe a good idea ;))

xxxMichellexxx
10-09-2007, 12:56 PM
Fair enough:cool:

Then I'll just write it here.
I think it's ridiculous how much people care about whether someone is 15 or 16.
Anyway, I don't really get why you have to be 16. Why just 16. Wouldn't it be more logical if it was 15? After all that's the number that's usually used.

Here everyone is allowed everywhere on the site, but you have to be 14 to register. Much better system instead of splitting members of a site.

i am quite new here but as far as i understand it the minimum ager for the master slave section is basically 18 and not 16 (the 16 and 17 year olds are only tolerated by the mods...) the rest is free for all.

1. why not you have to be 18?
2. to use your only argument why can someone that is 13 and 11 months not enter? and if you let him in why not someone that is 13 ans 10 months.. 13 and 9 months... i understand your argument! Of course it is silly to tell someone that is 2 days away from 16 that he is not old enough and someone that is 3 days older is. But you have to make a line somewhere... the only solution for this would be to say only adults can post that means no one under the age of 18! (If i read some of the posts here that maybe a good idea ;))

I can probably answer some of these questions...

First of all it's 13 to join and the reason we don't tolerate any younger is because well, 13 is pretty young already. As for the S/M section, 16 is not a pernament age limit. Last year there was no age limit and 16 was put in temp., as we work up to our goal of 18. As Merlin said we have to draw the line somewhere. If someone is days away from 16, why can't you wait? Is it that hard to wait 2 days, a week or something. Oh and the reason we don't have the same rules as Nexopia is because were a DIFFERENT SITE. jackdaniel if you have a problem with the rules here, feel free to suggest somethings but don't Criticize the mods and the site because what i really think is ridiculous is the fact that a member who's been here for a month or so is trying to make it look he knows something about this site when he can't get his facts Straight.

jackdaniel
10-09-2007, 02:46 PM
Listen guys. You can't stop people from entering your website.

They'll just say they are 18!

I myself am only 16, but I always register as being born the 3rd December 1988, though actually I'm born 3rd December 1990.
This way I get complete freedom on all websites.
The government, the company, whoever.. They can't do anything. Because when it comes to programming skills and knowledge about servers, Internet and computer security, unfortunately or fortunately, depends on how you look at it, generally the most competent people work on the "wrong" side of the law.

So forget about it. A website is for everyone. No matter if you want it to be or not.

Coyote
10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
I agree with slave girl this is a different site so there are different rules

Coyote
10-09-2007, 02:52 PM
and jack Daniel if you are unhappy with the rules on this site join my site or make your own site (my site is the 2nd URL of my signature

jackdaniel
10-09-2007, 03:00 PM
And by the way USASlavegurl. This forum is build on a standard forum template, which has also been used by just about a third of the entire amount of forums in the world, including govteen.com, which i was a member of for almost a year.
So i think i do know how this crap works, though i may not know the exact details about this specific site. I don't actually see what it matters. I just commented that you had to be 16 in a certain area, now please if that is a misunderstanding from my side, please tell me.

Coyote
10-09-2007, 03:03 PM
i would like to knock some sense into you but i do not have the authority so i will let the Admins Take over.

jackdaniel
10-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Nice site you got there Coyote :cool:

But maybe you should try and find a general subject of the page.
As it is now it's very broad and I don't think it'll work to put very different subjects into a forum.
People will simply find themselves in the situation that they are in a chat forum with some other people who are not at all interested in the same.

But a nice enough site :)

Coyote
10-09-2007, 03:07 PM
will you join and i will fix that

jackdaniel
10-09-2007, 03:11 PM
i would like to knock some sense into you but i do not have the authority so i will let the Admins Take over.

:confused: Would you like to knock some sense into me because I said that this forum is build on a template?? Sorry if I insulted you by doing that :S :confused:

Yeah sure I'll join

Coyote
10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
will you join my site or not

depp
10-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Jesus, what the fuck has this thread turned into. Everybody calm down.

1. This is my website, I make the rules. I enforce the rules and interact with users as I see fit.

2. The forums portion of getDare has gone through many software changes over the years. We currently run on a heavily modified version of vBulletin.

3. If you want to bitch, leave. This thread has gone beyond constructive comments.

chain
10-09-2007, 05:05 PM
Bottom Line: I don't care what you say but USASlaveGirl is right. She's a mod for a reason. This site has functioned for about 2 1/2 years and functioned well. It has had an incredible growth over the last two months. If one member can suggest some ideas to us in a thread, that would be appreciated. However, a member bitching about viable rules and insulting our best mod in my opinion (sorry guys) won't exactly have the warmest reception. We understand that people lie about their age, but we can enforce the rules to the best of our ability. Like it or not.

depp
10-09-2007, 05:13 PM
It is also important to note that our rules and way of doing things are constantly evolving. We can't make everybody happy but try to make things the best for the majority of users.