PDA

View Full Version : The Next Generation Video Game Console Thread

Smile Guy
08-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Just thought I'd ask all the folks what video game consoles they're planning on getting next-generation!!!

Glutgod
08-28-2006, 07:22 PM
Ya know the Xbox 360s will fly off the shelves again before Halo 3 comes out and I'm gettin' one of em'.

depp
08-28-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm a Wii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii) type of guy. I love my DS and I think Nintendo is starting to do some really cool things. I'm not a serious gamer though. Only play a couple games a year.

AgentGreen
08-28-2006, 09:59 PM
:fortuneteller: I second Depp with Wii!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fortuneteller:

userben
09-01-2006, 08:56 PM
lol while im get my 360 tomarow but i think the new nentendo console looks cool the control only make me think it is going to be awsom and it wont be as much as playstation3 and xbox360 but i will probly end of evetly getting all 3 i have ps2 the game cube and xbox
AND WHAT IS A funky Wii

dareboy
09-02-2006, 09:16 AM
i think wii will be cool but nintendo failed after about ayear with the game cube making no more "good" im gonna have to side with PS3 b/c ps2 was such a success and plus theres grandtheft auto for ps3

Big_Joe
09-02-2006, 09:27 AM
I have to side with Xbox coz they got Halo!!!

depp=noob=lol
09-02-2006, 10:40 AM
@bigjoe Halo, LMAO lol

I mean, KILLZONE, DTM, Singstar, Buzz, GT, GoW, Tekken, SoulCalibur, WipeOut, WTS, Lemmings, Lumines, EyeToy, Jak&Daxter, Ratchet & Klank, Kingdom Hearts, SCT, TIF, Formule 1, WRC, MGS, FF, Socom and more, much more

So in the war of PS3 (sony) vs X360 (micro$oft), i think that the PS3 is the best, i mean
-60 gb instead of 20gb
-WIFI included (solt for X360 sepertly for 100 $)
-Blu-ray (40 gb space on 1 disc, 4.7 on 1 x360 disc, HD-DVD will be 200 $ for X360)
-Everything will be wire-less
-You dont have to PAY to PLAY online, wich you have to with the X360

i will buy the PS3 and the Wii, GO JAPAN

(european guy speaking here for the record)

Big_Joe
09-02-2006, 01:40 PM
Well thats fine if ur not interested in the OUTSTANDING games, i mean how does KILLZONE compare to halo or Tekken compare to DOA or SoulCalibur to Mortal Kombat, WipeOut to Project Gotham need i say more; and who is really going to by Ratchet and Klank for PS3?

And i know you say you get online free and wireless, but 360 is mostly wireless and the original buying price for the PS3 is going to be horendus when it comes out, that is, if it comes out at all with all of Sony's problems with it, alot of people got bored of waiting and just got the 360 coz it was there!

dareboy
09-02-2006, 02:18 PM
the horrible thing is that ps3 is $499 and $599 which is just ridculus

depp=noob=lol
09-03-2006, 02:44 PM
if you re speaking 'bout money, you only will buy the Wii ;)

anyway for the 200 euro/dollar more, you get

-WIFI
-Free online
-Blu-Ray
-More/ longer games
-Better graphics
- Japanish and European games* instead of only American $hit (xbox...)

*european gamestudios working for sony: London X/_\o[] studios, Playlogic, guerilla and more little gamestudios

cheesy dude
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM
THE PS3 is the best and will allways be

cheesy dude
09-05-2006, 01:33 PM
lol the ps3 is only £579
from play.com

depp=noob=lol
09-05-2006, 02:57 PM
i think that you will pay too much there,

it will cost: €600 in Europe Euro countries (=404.97 pound, $ 768.6)
$600 in America (= €468.38, 316.14 pound)
60000 yen (japan) (= 404.12 euro, 272.76 pound, 517.68 dollar)

the PS3 will be Areafree, so you can all your games from your homecountry on a imported console

depp=noob=lol
09-06-2006, 12:21 PM
NEWSFLASH

PS3 is delayed for European costumers until march 2007

Big_Joe
09-07-2006, 01:44 PM
As i sed just by an X360 so u dont get bored!

userben
09-11-2006, 07:21 PM
PAY to PLAY [/B]online, wich you have to with the X360
actully it free but you dont get bonus with it like downloading things there is 2 plans sliver which is free or gold which cost money but if u already have xbox live member ship it cares over tell it expires

Smile Guy
09-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I'm rooting for the Wii at the moment.

Nintendo is daring to do something different to try and refresh the market which I respect. It's a brave thing to do whether you like Nintendo or not.

depp
09-20-2006, 10:39 PM
I'm rooting for the Wii at the moment.

Nintendo is daring to do something different to try and refresh the market which I respect. It's a brave thing to do whether you like Nintendo or not.

:clap: I am 100% with you here. I am really excited about all the new stuff from Nintendo. :D

The fact another controler will cost $60 though really sucks. That seems a little much even with the built in camera and sensors. Still top of my list though!

AgentGreen
09-27-2006, 06:14 PM
A vote for Wii is a vote from me! Seriously, Wii is going to rock.

baca diablo
09-27-2006, 06:48 PM
go wii:D :D :D :D

cheesy dude
10-01-2006, 05:32 AM
well the PS3 has been delayed yet again so im annoyed

Smile Guy
11-11-2006, 02:47 PM
Go Wiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's gonna be so great! The launch date is very soon!

Glutgod
11-11-2006, 08:57 PM
Dang whats so good about the Wii?

Smile Guy
11-18-2006, 04:00 PM
I dunno, Glutgod. I just like the whole motion-sensing daring-to-be-different thing going on. (And I'm completely obsessed with Zelda games so...)

Glutgod
11-19-2006, 03:53 PM
Yea I finnaly saw and add for it its like this little square thing it seems so old... I wouldn't waste my money on it (And yea to most of your me saying "waste" is offenseive so get over it!)

dareboy
11-19-2006, 05:49 PM
i really wanna get ps3 for xmas but no one has it in stock and on ebay the lowest ive seen it was for 1,200 dollars and sometimes ive seen the price as high as $3,000

baca diablo
11-19-2006, 10:25 PM
i want the Wii so bad but every place in town was sold out

nina
11-20-2006, 02:49 PM
I'm not sure if I want the PS3. I'm a fan of older gaming systems and still have my N64. Also they're so expensive. What's the difference between PS3 and Wii besides the games?

Glutgod
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
The controller, and the wii is cool becuase you can work up a sweat while playing.

baca diablo
11-20-2006, 04:46 PM
the wii also has all these new features like the download channel where u can download games from the old systeems, all of them.

nina
11-20-2006, 06:01 PM
I saw an ad for the Wii and it looked pretty cool but PS3 will have the new Kingdom Hearts (when it comes out) and the graphics looked awesome.

Glutgod
11-20-2006, 06:17 PM
There are more rpg lovers, for me its all the gameplay.

Dare861
02-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Wii = lame.

PS3 = lame.

xbox 360 = lame.

PC = lame.

1st gen NES for the win! None of the above even come close to competing with awesome games like duck hunt or mario bros!

Smile Guy
02-20-2007, 07:29 AM
^^^

Although technically, the Wii can play NES games through the Virtual Console. Wii WINS!!!! Haha...

I've got one now and I think it's absolutely awesome.

Dare861
02-20-2007, 07:50 AM
^^^

Although technically, the Wii can play NES games through the Virtual Console. Wii WINS!!!! Haha...

I've got one now and I think it's absolutely awesome.

Pfft. NES > Virtual Console.

You can't get all the fun glitches on the virtual console! It's all fixed up :( *wants to go to world -1 in mario*

Tessdog
02-20-2007, 09:18 AM
Ok, I own an Xbox 360. Yesterday I played the Wii. As one of the biggest gamer geeks out there. I though both were cool. Any REAL gamer, should save up enough for both. Ps3 is the biggest waist of money out there. So far I have only heard about broken ones delayed ones. BLOWWING UP ones. Plus they have NO good games. I mean Xbox has the Halo Franchise and Call of Duty, and so manyt more Gears of War. So so many other good games. I mean whats the Ps3 have? The only game I have heard about is the "Fall of Man" game. So if you are someone that is a good gamer. Buy a 360. If you are not to big on gaming but enjoy kinda like drinking. Get the Wii. If you are a dickhead (Pardon my French) then wait untill 2039 to get your Ps3. Tessdog out Peace.....:pirashoot: shoot me please, God of Games stop these idoits from outsourcing goods.......

Wcbrown514
02-22-2007, 09:53 PM
For me it was tough I mean all the systems are so awesome in their own way. I mean The 360's offers me Halo 3 and I am a hardcore Halo fanatic by the way so that is important to me. The Wii has the ability to play all the old games from NES and Super NES and the all mighty N64, which in my opinion are some of the greatest system ever created! Then there is the all powerful PS3! The lights of heaven shine-down on it's awesome Blue Ray technology!!! And the games on the PS3 are also some really good games such as Gundam World which hopefully will redeem the name Gundam after the horrible games that we have seen in the past. The final choice is the PC and though you see the Xbox 360, Wii, and the PS3, we cannot ignore the fact that the PC offers us some great benefits that the system do not, such as The easiest control to use in any RTS(this is only if you are an RTS lover) and FREE internet gameplay and with the right OS and the new Dell XPS you can do some serious gaming in such games as Rise of Nations 2, which is soon to be released! Go Big Huge Games!!!! So the choice is yours, either way your are getting something good! This year is the year of the gaming systems.

cheesy dude
02-27-2007, 01:01 PM
PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3 PS3

I have ordered my PS3 and will come out on realsease day 23rd march 2007. In the UK. Im getting 3 games and its gonna be ace. Because all my m8s exopect me to get 1 cos i have all the latst stuff im trowing a really big party an the PS3 is gonna be the center of ettention.

its all souped uop and i have my brand new HD tv waiting for my PS3 to hook up :P....

any 1 who thinks it wont be ace is a looser. end of!

Musty 21
02-27-2007, 06:47 PM
wii is the least selling consoule in america. i have had a 360 since febuary 06 i love it and would not trade it for a ps3

~mysterious_me~
02-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Ok, I own an Xbox 360. Yesterday I played the Wii. As one of the biggest gamer geeks out there. I though both were cool. Any REAL gamer, should save up enough for both. Ps3 is the biggest waist of money out there. So far I have only heard about broken ones delayed ones. BLOWWING UP ones. Plus they have NO good games. I mean Xbox has the Halo Franchise and Call of Duty, and so manyt more Gears of War. So so many other good games. I mean whats the Ps3 have? The only game I have heard about is the "Fall of Man" game. So if you are someone that is a good gamer. Buy a 360. If you are not to big on gaming but enjoy kinda like drinking. Get the Wii. If you are a dickhead (Pardon my French) then wait untill 2039 to get your Ps3. Tessdog out Peace.....:pirashoot: shoot me please, God of Games stop these idoits from outsourcing goods.......

agree with 360, bst console. more for the gameplay with games like Gears, Chromehounds, H3, LOST PLANET!!, CRACKDOWN!!!!!, but "Resistance, fall of man" is more like "Resist this, fall of fun" they so copied of Gears of War, the Chimera are so like the Locusts, plus, Gears kicks so much ass with better guns and gameplay. fall of man is basically just call of duty with high tech guns and aliens.

edit... also, cheesy dude, anyone in US could have had PS3 since before christmas. 360s been out since last christmas! thats why not selling as good.

P.S. mustangman- Wii sold bad because only real game for it is call of duty, all rest are cartoon games and US/ UK are all 'bout hardcore.

P.S.S nina and all other rpg freaks- why play rpgs? most shooters stories are just as good and are also indulgant! rpgs are for loseres with no skills, all u have to do is press acouple buttons, hardcore shooters require strategy, skill, understanding, and well, MORE!!! SKILL!!!!

Smile Guy
03-02-2007, 03:56 PM
wii is the least selling consoule in america.

Actually, PS3 is the least-selling console in America. And Xbox 360 is only in the lead cos it's been out for a year longer. I'll have conversation about it all but NOT lies.

The Wii is selling incredibly well in the UK and even better in Japan. Basically, I'm pretty sure the Wii is winning in worldwide sales... currently.

Oh, just so you know, I was going to get a PS3 until I discovered they're releasing a lesser system in the UK with no backwards compability and a smaller hardrive. They're releasing it later than the rest of the world, they're releasing it for more money than the rest of the world... And now they're releasing a worser console than the rest of the world.

I am now not getting a PS3. You CANNOT f**k off your customers without paying the consequences. I hope you rot in hell Sony.

Musty 21
03-10-2007, 08:31 AM
smile guy, ur right, the ps2 is selling more then the ps3 but anyway the 360 sells more a day then the wii

Pokerboy
03-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Ok you would figure.... That would happen. You got to remember somthing guys. Only Old Japinse guys and Amercians can make games. Play Station guys are the new school. All they have done is fail me. Wii had been able to gain my approvel because they got old school. The thing is I am not paying a lot of money only for backwards capbitlys. I'll just pull out my old N-64..... As your friend I advise you all to save your money on other things like buying a Stock or Bond. Or buy a car. Why don't we just go outside and play. I hear you can go out pretty cheap these days..... lol. Come Guys lets go play!

Temho
03-13-2007, 07:45 PM
As cool as the Wii control system is, bad things could come of it. BAD THINGS!

http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=227

I love VG cats.:p Anyway, I'm to much of a Zelda/Final Fantasy/Gears of War fanboy to pick a side in the consule war. I would say Halo too, but i've played it to death.

Pfft. NES > Virtual Console.

You can't get all the fun glitches on the virtual console! It's all fixed up *wants to go to world -1 in mario*

Old school FTW.

Musty 21
03-18-2007, 07:52 PM
i think everyone should vote for the "Hardcore XBox360" go x box!

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 09:24 AM
ok i am kind a mad now!

please fanboys of all kinds, i dont want that i get NEGATIVE reputation points because of my opinion that someone doesnt share!

i got negative reputation points for a GOOD post, maybe you dont have the same opinion but dont give negative reputation points because negative reputation points are NOT supposed for people who have a good quality posts with an opinion, there is absolutly no reason for NEGATIVE reputation points there. As result of the negative reputation points i've got from a post here, i will repost it in the next post.

SO REMEMBER NEGATIVE REPUTATION POINTS ARE NOT MENT FOR WHEN YOU DONT SHARE AN OPINION IN A GOOD QUALITY POST. IT IS MENT FOR WHEN THE QUALITY ISNT GOOD IN A POST

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 09:26 AM
if you re speaking 'bout money, you only will buy the Wii

anyway for the 200 euro/dollar more, you get

-WIFI
-Free online
-Blu-Ray
-More/ longer games
-Better graphics
- Japanish and European games* instead of only American $hit (xbox...)

*european gamestudios working for sony: London X/_\o[] studios, Playlogic, guerilla and more little gamestudios

Addition:

xbox games are mostly made in america, it is a fact, and playstation/nintendo are made in europe america and japan. What i ment with American Shit was not that everything in america is bad but that you only will get games from that continent

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 12:37 PM
I GET MY PS3 TOMMOROW!!! the 23rd UK realese tomorrow.

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 02:07 PM
europe release yes! give a report about how it is!

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 02:28 PM
i know, you getting 1 too? itrs gonna be soo cool.... less than 24 hrs and i will have it!!! im soooo excited :P

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 02:30 PM
no i wont get one, i dont have the money....it is just to expensive for me at the moment

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 02:31 PM
well in that case....

NAH NAH NAH NA NAH im getting one tommorow nah nah ha ha in your face :P

(disclaimer: only depp=noob=lol is aloud to cry at this and it is pure coincidence if he does :P)

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 02:33 PM
i dont care, when i buy him he will be 200 euro cheaper and have more cool games

AND

i have the WII since 8 december

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
i like the Wii but im sure the PS3 will kick it outa the ring, + i think you will be suprised how slowly the oprice of the PS3 falls becasue as a blueray player it is already half the price of any other... so on that knowledge you might even expect it to rise as blueray in the UK becomes a bigger thing :)

Glutgod
03-22-2007, 02:36 PM
I'm a Wii (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii) type of guy. I love my DS and I think Nintendo is starting to do some really cool things. I'm not a serious gamer though. Only play a couple games a year.

Yea a WII Sounds cool but I heard that the controller flew off the people's hands and into the T.V.

cheesy dude
03-22-2007, 02:41 PM
ye glutgod you are right also the Wii controler dosnt work very well near christmas lights... so imagen all those ppl that got it for christmas and set it up near their tree :P... lol ooo the possiblities.

depp=noob=lol
03-22-2007, 03:13 PM
the christmas light thing was a HOAX and nintendo recalled all old wiimote cord and replaced them.

at Cheesy dude

Sony is making at the moment 100 euro PROFIT at every ps3 sold, the price of blueray decreased and because of the backwardcompatibality chip that isnt included in the PS3 (will be software in europe, not hardware)

and the wii is defitinaly going to sell more then the ps3, because the ps3 and xbox360 are eachother concurents, the wii isnt a direct concurent, the price is lower (non-hardcore-gamers wont buy a thing of 600 euro, they just think that that is far to expensive, they DONT know the specs and 250 is a lot less) and the wii is inovative, like the DS (everybody thought that psp would sell better) I think the final standings will be:

1) Nintendo Wii
2) Playstation 3 (because this console will actually sell more consoles then the GBA in Japan)
3) XBOX 360 (a ORIGINAL GBA sells more then this console in japan. If you completly miss 1 continent (out of the 3 importants (europe japan united states) then you wont be the leader)

DareByrd
03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
Xbox 360 deffinitly you won't find Halo 3 anywhere else

depp=noob=lol
03-23-2007, 01:12 AM
oh god i think this thread will start in flamingfanboy thread in a few posts...
i dont hope so.. because i am waiting for the first one to say Halo sucks or whatever

Wcbrown514
03-23-2007, 09:03 AM
For now the 360 has the market covered only because the PS3 is so costly to buy and the Wii is actually new, but it should take off pretty well because I played and it takes some getting used to, but it is fun. The 360 will only getting more popular by the fact that it is going to make a $100 price drop next christmas and this may it will release a newer version of the 360 with more hd capablities and the ability run digital cable through it so basically it will become your your dvd player, your game console, your tivo, and digital cable box. What's next it will come with a big screen television?!?!?!

depp=noob=lol
03-23-2007, 09:25 AM
i think it will all come done to this at the end of this generation

EUROPE
1) PS3
2) WII
3) XBOX 360

JAPAN
1) WII
2) PS3
3) XBOX 360

USA:
1) XBOX 360
2) WII
3) PS3

OVERALL (plz keep in mind that europe is the biggest game market, with japan on the second place)
1) WII
2) PS3 (little difference between 1 and 2)
3) XBOX 360 (as said before, the japan market is to big and they dont sell anything there)

I will tell you why now:
Japan doesnt like the Xbox 360, but they do like nintendo and sony, but nintendo most (look at psp/ ds). in europe, the most customers are PS3 minded (because everybody loved ps2 here), believe it or not but only in the UK the xbox 360 is selling, in most other countries it wont really sell. the wii, is sold out all the time (for 4.5 monts now). In the USA, everybody loves the xbox 360, and the wii is just like a little success there. the ps3 wont sell much there but will have more units sold in usa then xbox 360 in japan.

So because of that what i said, the people here on the forum (this is really a UK/ USA forum) like xbox 360 and hate the ps3 a bit... But dont forget other countries

*list is made by 1) sold units so far 2) sold records (for x360) 3) sold ds/ psp units 4) prognoces economists.

Wcbrown514
03-23-2007, 10:35 AM
Depp=Noob=lol, I strongly agree with you, however I will say that people here in the U.S. won't go with the 360 just to support the hometeam. We're very ps3 minded in the U.S. as well, but in my opinion 360 just knows how to market to us. We are drawn to them because they know what we want to see in a system better than sony or nintendo. It is not for support we just like the way they run things at microsoft. Like I did say however we are also very PS3 minded, but it is just cost far to much!!! Sony lower your price!!!!!

depp=noob=lol
03-24-2007, 09:44 AM
there are always two types of games:

american games
japanese games

wich are very different. the ps3 and the wii have both type of games. Xbox 360 has only (ok, there are a few exceptions..but hey) american games. If american games are your thing, then buy a xbox 360, if you more like japanese or like both, you have to consider a ps3 or wii.

About the price of the consoles:
The non hardcoregamers (the ones who check the news everyday) wont pay more then 200-250 for a console (you see that they are willing to buy the wii, because that is not far to expensive) but they also see that the ps3 has a blueraydrive. Sony is so smart that they build that in because the ones who have those big FULL HD tv's and love movies want a blueray drive (or hd dVD, that is going to sell bad (bcz HDDVD has a problem called europe, they arent there)) and the cheapest blueray drive is 900 euros and yes, the ps3 has a blue ray drive and is 600 euro's. so those will buy it too.

Another Price/ quality about the XBoX 360 vs PS3 (both most expensive editions)

XBOX 360 - PS3
-DVD Drive -Blueray drive
-3x 3.2 Ghz -7x 3.2 GHz
-512 MB ram - 2x 256 MB ram
-online: at least €60 a year - free
-1080i at most - 1080p at most
-20 gb Harddisk -60 gb harddisk
-Wired internet connection (wireless = 90 euro) - wired and wireless
-Backward compability by software - by Hardware (in europe by software)
- Achievements (counter) - enchanments (counter) trophy via HOME (to be released in october (free))

And then games: (only EXCLUSIVE titles)

shooter: Halo Killzone
Racer: Forza/ PGR GT/ DTM
RPG: i really dont know a BIG title here Final Fantasy and other Square enix series (like kingdom hearts)
undercover agent: splinter cell 5 (MAYBE) Metal Gear Solid
Platform: i really dont know a BIG title ratchet and clanck/ jak and daxter/ sly

For additions on this list, Please pm them and i will edit the post. Or just post a reply and then i will also edit this post

edit 1: see this elderscrolls 4 oblivion comparisation between x360 en ps3 (http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=18049&type=wmv)

Powerstrip
03-24-2007, 10:40 AM
I'm a sony fan. So the only choice is the PS3. However, I voted PC above as I am sensible and wait for the price to drop and I love my PC as it is :)

(Emulators are awesome)

cheesy dude
03-24-2007, 11:40 AM
i do0nt think the PS3 price will come down very fast at all... because it is a blueray player and its less than half the price of just a single blueray player. so if its price lowered no 1 would get bluray players...

so those waiting for the price to come down... you could be waiting a long time :(

Glutgod
03-24-2007, 07:56 PM
And with the coming of Halo 3 the 360 will only get more popular.

Powerstrip
03-25-2007, 08:59 AM
At least $100 is coming off in October, minimum. BluRay players will become cheaper and Sony doesn't care if it is PS3s or BluRay players that sell as long as one of them does.

PS3 is gonna have a big surge in new games soon, summer will bring in some big ones and OCtober will also bring in PS3 Home (Like second life, but you don't pay and you can talk to people and then invite them to your house and all play a game over the internet)

360 has a slow dashboard (apparently). Halo is OK, but I never got into it (own an original Xbox, £50 for it a sterring wheel and 6 games :D)

Yeah I'm a PS3 fan so anything that is said I will twist into a pro Sony thing.

Musty 21
03-25-2007, 09:24 AM
Xbox 360 dose not have a slow dash board. Ps3 will not get more popular, as i said on this thread already, the ps2 is selling more then ps3

Glutgod
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow thats kinda pathetic, a ps2 is selling more then a ps3...

depp=noob=lol
03-26-2007, 09:12 AM
the only reason that the ps2 sells more is because there are too less ps3's

and btw there are more GBA (of all types) (orignals, micros and SP separeted) sold in the last week then the Xbox 360.

The only high selling machines are Nintendo Wii and the Nintendo DS. See the selling gamecharts on ign.com for Europe, USA and JAPAN

Musty 21
03-26-2007, 10:30 AM
I'm sorry to tell you this, but, there are more ps3's then ps2's in the stores right now! Theres like 4 ps3's in the cabnit and only 1 ps2! Ps3 is too much money and its the same thing without the rumble packs and it has blue ray, blue ray=waist of money cauz u can't tell the diffrence

depp=noob=lol
03-26-2007, 11:05 AM
two things:

1 ps3s are in most places out of stock, and are ALL out of stock in japan and europe, only in america you will find ps3

2 You cant tell the difference of blueray??? it is most likely that you dont have a HD tv/ 5.1 surround sound and then. on a normal tv the difference is soo big too. you need glasses lol

Powerstrip
03-26-2007, 01:25 PM
PS3 isn't totally sold out in UK. Sony did a great job of supplying enough PS3s.

The big thing is games! There aren't enough to justify buying a PS3 yet as PS2 has hundreds of games!

Musty 21
03-26-2007, 01:47 PM
sony needs to send americas over to u then. The place i played it on, he didn't have a hd tv but i have the hd tv and the surrund sound. Its in the mirrors.....

depp=noob=lol
03-27-2007, 05:54 AM
anyway, i am not a fanboy but what i want to say is that people who say that sony would lose the battle from microsoft arent realistic:

be honest. Japan and europe will buy the ps3, only america will keep behind.

another news thing here

From Fall 2008 all new xbox 360 will ONLY come out on HD DVD. the HD DVD player will cost 200 dollar/ euro. Microsoft europe said this in a persnote (ign.com)
plz post reactions about this....

Musty 21
03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
if this is true :eek: ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh but i know it won't happen those are probly fake websites and false statments.

Glutgod
03-27-2007, 07:20 PM
xbox 360 rocks face way to much now it rocks head.

Musty 21
03-27-2007, 08:13 PM
the 360 will own anyone, and the games won't be $200.00.

depp=noob=lol
03-28-2007, 08:02 AM
it is true, at least here in europe, i contacted microsoft and they said it was true, and it are NO fake websites, IGN.COM is the biggest on the internet, and it stood on gamespot.com

Musty 21
03-28-2007, 08:30 AM
looks like europe people are screwed :p

Glutgod
03-28-2007, 01:07 PM
lol yea, plus go 360!!!

depp=noob=lol
03-29-2007, 09:16 AM
t and the games won't be $200.00.

that was not what i ment

In the future you have to buy a HDDVD player for the xbox 360 too play the newest games, the HDDVD player cost 200.00, the games will be the same price.

Musty 21
03-29-2007, 09:26 AM
ok well that make more sense. This is probly how it will go down.

Option 1
You buy the thingy for the x box
You get to play the new games in totaly awsome graphics

Option 2
You don't get the thingy for x box
You still get the same game but not as good quality

depp=noob=lol
03-29-2007, 09:32 AM
ok well that make more sense. This is probly how it will go down.

Option 1
You buy the thingy for the x box
You get to play the new games in totaly awsome graphics

Option 2
You don't get the thingy for x box
You still get the same game but not as good quality

is not the grapichs that make the problem, the space on the disk is.
on a dvd you can store 4.7-8 gig
on a hddvd you can store 50-100 gig

so for the new, big games they need hddvd, that is why they will only come out on hddvd.

Musty 21
03-29-2007, 11:37 AM
i'm sure that u will still be able to get normal games and not just hddvd

depp=noob=lol
03-29-2007, 11:42 AM
i have contacted Microsoft europe
and the confirmed that in 2008 the top titles and in 2009 all the titles will come out ONLY at HDdvd. they do this because of the space on the disk and because they want HDdvd to win from BluRay. Microsoft send this to me in a email.

Musty 21
03-29-2007, 05:22 PM
Well playstation isn't a problem in america so were fine. Besides, Bill Gates has enough money, he dosn't care about the x box.

depp=noob=lol
03-29-2007, 10:30 PM
the GTA IV trailer is out!

www.rockstar.com/iv and it will be in..

NEW YORK!

Musty 21
03-30-2007, 10:50 AM
that was awsome!

depp=noob=lol
03-30-2007, 11:58 AM
yeah it is really a mustbuy!

Glutgod
03-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Yea I'm porbly going to get it.

Musty 21
03-30-2007, 05:25 PM
There is this one police game called Crackdown with an "Invitation to Halo 3"

depp=noob=lol
03-31-2007, 01:16 AM
it is called Crackdown
from the makers of the original gta
and they have an invitation for the betatest of halo 3 in it.

Musty 21
03-31-2007, 08:29 AM
there we go, thanks depp=noob=lol i couldn't think of the name lol. I want to buy it.

Powerstrip
03-31-2007, 11:47 AM
That's a lie. They may include the HD-DVD drive in a sort of "Extra-Premium" build, but they would never force users to have it. The DVD drive is there to stay for all games.

I think that 3 months, Sony will get it's games out for it and things will be sweet. It's the fastest selling console now :D

Musty 21
03-31-2007, 12:13 PM
That's a lie. They may include the HD-DVD drive in a sort of "Extra-Premium" build, but they would never force users to have it. The DVD drive is there to stay for all games.

I think that 3 months, Sony will get it's games out for it and things will be sweet. It's the fastest selling console now :D

ty powerstrip, now that i have another suporter, i can fight! :D

Powerstrip
03-31-2007, 02:10 PM
I'm supporting PS3 dude. I was just dispelling lies of how they would try and improve the 360 to be vaguely competitive to the PS3s awesomeness :P

Musty 21
03-31-2007, 05:44 PM
ok, I was reading a 200+ thing you must have for you xbox 360 at the store, now this thing your talking about. I saw it in there. IT IS already for sale by special order. This thing is so you can watch movies in HD with your x box. this DOSE NOT affect the games or the consoule, its just for movies.

depp=noob=lol
04-01-2007, 05:19 AM
i hope so for you mustangman but please, please contact microsoft europe about it, i contacted the dutch ones and they told this.

Musty 21
04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
This is messed up, america told me what i said above. Weird

depp=noob=lol
04-06-2007, 01:43 AM
anyway it stays weird.... so.... anyway when are there good games for the wii coming, i mean there arent any atm

(ok zelda, but i have that since december)

Glutgod
04-06-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm going to be so over Halo 3...

depp=noob=lol
04-07-2007, 12:06 AM
and what do you think about HALO WARS?
from the makers of Age Of Empire?

Glutgod
04-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Never saw Halo wars any where...

depp=noob=lol
04-07-2007, 12:50 AM
it is an RTS, it will come out in fall 2007.

Glutgod
04-07-2007, 01:47 AM
Cool, I'll have to look at it.

depp=noob=lol
04-08-2007, 01:29 AM
btw... after halo 3 there wont come a sequel on it, i mean there is not another FPS halo anymore....

Glutgod
04-08-2007, 10:08 AM
Yea I know Halo 3 is the last one, its a three part series, but they will come out with other games...