PDA

View Full Version : Timezone

jackdaniel
10-08-2007, 03:54 PM
Anyone actually got any idea why this site runs in central European summer time, when most of the people here are American??

Merlin
10-08-2007, 04:06 PM
you are from denmark so why do you care? :rolleyes:
... you can change the timezone in your personal options...

DaVance
10-08-2007, 04:09 PM
Most likely because Jelsoft Enterpises Ltd. is UK based. Look on the bottom of the page. Or google it. You can also tell because Ltd. is standard for a British company. In the States the name would most likely be followed by Corp., Inc., or LLC.

daring
10-08-2007, 04:10 PM
now that you say that it does bother me slightly.

depp
10-09-2007, 08:57 PM
If you set your timezone at registration or inside your profile all should be correct for you.

When you register you are presented with this:
All timestamps displayed on the forums can be automatically corrected to show the correct time for your location in the world. Simply select the appropriate time zone from the list below.
and
In addition, you may set the appropriate option to allow for daylight savings time in your part of the world.

xdressslave
10-10-2007, 06:11 AM
I think this day in age, all forums and international websites should be run by default in universal time (GMT).

It is much easier for everyone to convert GMT time into their local timezone. whereas converting time from one timezone to the American timezone is a pain in the ass. Maybe if Americans weren't so ignorant, the rest of the world wouldn't have so many problems.

Of course I love the ability of forums and websites being able to show the time in the users local time. And getDare has this feature, so it doesn't really apply. The default timezone should really only effect guest users.

*Continues to mummble about metric and imperial measurment system....

Marc
10-11-2007, 12:51 AM
If you set your timezone at registration or inside your profile all should be correct for you.

Depp,

The time is correct on my settings for my timezone (murky London at the moment!) but the date is in the US format of mm/dd/yy - any way of being able to change that to UK dd/mm/yy. It gets me every time I look at a post!