PDA

View Full Version : Rate albums/photos?

Slenderman - Doctor
05-28-2010, 11:01 AM
We can rate threads and blogs. So how about the option to rate albums/photos?

Not a major "omg we need it" suggestion. But still :)

theone
05-28-2010, 11:39 AM
Yes, that would be a good idea.

BettyBoop
05-28-2010, 03:23 PM
I'm on the fence with this.
There's a lot of mean people here, and a lot of very self conscious people.
It wouldn't be great for someone to get a picture of themselves voted low.
On the other hand, if that didn't happen it would seem kind of fun, and everything else gets rated.

Slenderman - Doctor
05-28-2010, 03:56 PM
I'm on the fence with this.
There's a lot of mean people here, and a lot of very self conscious people.
It wouldn't be great for someone to get a picture of themselves voted low.
On the other hand, if that didn't happen it would seem kind of fun, and everything else gets rated.

I suppose, though, that can be argued with blogs.

Blogs are often personal. And it can be upsetting to post something to express opinion and emotion, only for it to be rated 1 or 2 stars.

I see your point though.

*pushes Bella off the fence :D

Nixie
05-28-2010, 04:41 PM
I'm NOT sure I'm all about this.

As Bells said People can be devious and Mean and very ignorant. And a lot are private. At least mine were until I took them all off.

I just don't think people are mature enough to handle this.

Just my opinion.

sweetsong
05-28-2010, 07:40 PM
I never get any stars for my blogs! *sniffles*

I think we should have a gD "like" button for pictures. ;)

BettyBoop
05-29-2010, 02:01 AM
think we should have a gD "like" button for pictures. ;)
I love this idea. Sometimes you like a picture, but you can't think of a comment that sounds smarter than "I like this". I'd like a like button.

Slenderman - Doctor
05-29-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm NOT sure I'm all about this.

As Bells said People can be devious and Mean and very ignorant. And a lot are private. At least mine were until I took them all off.

I just don't think people are mature enough to handle this.

Just my opinion.

True but the same applies for threads. What's stopping people rating threads down because they dislike the creator of that thread? Same with blogs too.

Agreed :D

I love this idea. Sometimes you like a picture, but you can't think of a comment that sounds smarter than "I like this". I'd like a like button.

Agreed :D

Slugger
05-29-2010, 05:07 PM

I like these ideas. :)

lilwetslave
05-29-2010, 10:13 PM
Im deffinetly feeling the like button..... I can never think of anything to comment on photos other then " i like your photo" and that makes me feel stupid so i dont comment

Mere
05-29-2010, 10:47 PM
Well what I would say is, create an option while making an album, "Allow rating."
So over-conscious people can avoid that part :)

BettyBoop
05-30-2010, 01:25 AM
True but the same applies for threads. What's stopping people rating threads down because they dislike the creator of that thread? Same with blogs too.

I know personally if someone rated my thread down it wouldn't affect me as much as if someone rated a picture of me down.
A lot of people are self conscious, and I'm not sure being able to have pictures rated negatively would help anyone.
I'm still liking the like button :p

Slenderman - Doctor
05-30-2010, 02:57 AM
Well what I would say is, create an option while making an album, "Allow rating."
So over-conscious people can avoid that part :)

I know personally if someone rated my thread down it wouldn't affect me as much as if someone rated a picture of me down.
A lot of people are self conscious, and I'm not sure being able to have pictures rated negatively would help anyone.
I'm still liking the like button :p

Avoided with Mere's suggestion.

But the "like" idea does seem to be the better option :)