View Full Version : Health issue

onknees
10-04-2007, 07:01 AM
On http://www.getdare.com/ you can get a dare that say :
Snort a line of sugar

I dont think its good to put sugar in the nose and lungs

timmy
10-04-2007, 07:23 AM
it wont go to your lugs. people snort coke... lol wasabi. all sorts.

i dont think it does.

but its worth checking

pillowman
10-04-2007, 11:49 AM
even if it did it would just be absorbed into your blood stream fairly quickly or attacked by lymphocytes that live in your lungs the sugar would either get converted to a smaller molecule and then diffuse into your blood or just diffuse any way the joys of A2 biology and chemistry

Kumquat250
10-04-2007, 12:02 PM
um...

wow

how would you know that???

xxxMichellexxx
10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
:) On http://www.getdare.com/ you can get a dare that say :
Snort a line of sugar

I dont think its good to put sugar in the nose and lungs

we've been over this before, you are to use common sense and if you don't know if something is safe look it up. A lot of dares on this site are completely unrealistic, unsafe, and possibly illegal, doesn't mean we can't document them. It's up to the user to use common sense and research to determine if anything will happen to you if you do a dare. o and btw i don't think there's anything wrong with snorting sugar, but to be sure look it up!

Tony12
10-04-2007, 12:27 PM
USA has a point but i'm pretty sure it wouldn't go to your lungs! where'd you get that one from Sherlock? But i think it would be a wise idea for getdare to try to give warnings with health issues as it would help some users who are wanting to try it! I'm sure it would be a good idea to set up a group or something like that to try and make the site a safer place! Rather than take the risk and leave it to common sense!

slaveforabuse
10-04-2007, 01:15 PM
wouldnt enter the lungs but it would prettyquickly destroy the blood vessels towards the top of ure nostrils thus a giant nose bleeeeeed that last for ages, my matye did it once.. not a good idea

WelshGuy
10-04-2007, 03:02 PM
It is perfectly ok to snort a small amount of sugar.. too much causes suffocation affect but it'll go as sugar is absorbed into the body...

you should be more worried about being diabetic from too much sugar than anything else lol ;)

lucky
10-04-2007, 03:49 PM
before you would absorb the sugar you'd probably sneeze to death. I've poored cola (not diet cola) into my ass and the sugar didnt diffuse into my blood or just diffuse any way the joys of A2 biology and chemistry. Life is not this complicated, accidents might happen but there is no rule about this sort of accidents.

chain
10-04-2007, 04:58 PM
Believe it or not frosh snort sugar at my school...sometime there are blood shot eyes, I don't know how, but that's it.

WelshGuy
10-05-2007, 01:51 PM
Sneeze to death ? lol! Never heard of that in my entire life time of working in a hospital... if you learnt that at A level perhaps move school ;)

lucky
10-05-2007, 03:11 PM
I lost my english dictionary and I really dont remember how is called when you choke. yes, sneeze would be funny:))

xxthatgirl
10-05-2007, 04:33 PM
Snorting pixie sticks is basically snorting sugar.
And people do it all the time.
Hell, I've even snorted a pixie stick.
It feels kinda weird but nothing's really gonna happen.
But, if you're really weireded out, look it up.

"Believe it or not frosh snort sugar at my school...sometime there are blood shot eyes, I don't know how, but that's it."

Frosh in my school snort slushie.
Talk about coldd.
And they wonder why the principal was thinking of not selling slusjies anymore.

depp
10-07-2007, 02:56 PM
I would not advise doing this dare but I have story about it!

Last night I was at this fine establishment (http://www.knotts.com/special_events/haunt/mazes.htm) eating funnel cake covered in powered sugar. I inhaled while eating it and sent a bunch of powered sugar into my lungs. It was not fun but I lived. As of now I am still alive. Your results may vary and even include death. :D

sphinxscu
10-07-2007, 10:05 PM
There are far worse chemicals in meth than, what, (glucose) in sugar? You'll be alright... Snort up. =p

cheesy dude
10-08-2007, 08:40 AM
As of now I am still alive. Your results may vary and even include death. :D

omg sombody give this kid the getdare comedy award quick :rolleyes:

pillowman
10-16-2007, 02:20 PM
in response to lucky, coke (the drug or the drink) would not diffuse straight away because it would take some time, how do you think if you have an enema and keep it there eventually it goes, water is re absorbed in the colon and so if kept long enough the coke would have disapeared, and in any case we are talking about lungs, i am going on to study medicine and any one who has even done gcse chemistry or biology knows that oxygen diffuses into the blood as it is a small enough molecule, the lining can even have white blood cells which are considerably bigger than a simple oxygen molecule and i assure you bigger than a single sucrose molecule (normal sugar) the sucrose would either disolve in the mucus in your lungs and then diffuse through to your blood stream as it was said before you could get diabetes but this is not a huge risk.

basically ts unadvisable to snort sugar as your natural reflex would be to cough if it did go into your lungs but chances are it ll get caught in the mucus on the wall of your breathing canal before it meets your mouth. you mucus/ phlegm might taste sweet if you snort hard enough but the chances that it will get to your lungs is very small