PDA

View Full Version : A Popularity Update!!!!

Smile Guy
09-30-2007, 09:23 AM
The Truth or Dare Stories section is a success.

Type in "Truth or Dare Stories" into Google and it is literally top of the list. I'd just like to take this oppurtunity to congratulate all authors and readers who make sure this part of getDare is such a success. It couldn't be done without you so keep it up!

xxxMichellexxx
10-01-2007, 08:13 PM
im not really surprised actually, this site is on the top 5 on google and the story section is arguably the most popular section of the site, especially for guests it seems. Anyway congrats to everyone as well

Hampers
10-01-2007, 11:46 PM
One thing I have noticed though is that the majority of the stories actually have very little to do with truth or dare, more just general kinky erotica. The sort of "My sister's best friend caught me (insert compromising situation here), and now I'm her slave forever". The day's of Rob's truth or dare story, or the Interactive Truth or Dare story by Marc and Shawn, are long gone.

Marc
10-01-2007, 11:57 PM
Hampers, is that a challenge?!

Although I agree, the majority of stories are not TorD based - which is a shame because you can get quite a bit into a TorD story and, frankly, I get bored with the stories that have a main character who is a slave in increasingly difficult circumstances.

Some of the "non-fiction" ones are better - although I'm not convinced that "non-fiction" is the right description in all cases .... it may be to start with, but when readers say 'great story, is there more' and the writer says 'yes, here is more', then I do wonder! I don't have a problem with a non-fiction incident being used as the basis of a story (I've done it myself).

Hampers
10-02-2007, 12:56 AM
Yes, it is a challenge! We should write a story together set a Truth or Dare party. Oh, wait... we are...

Slave_needs_master
10-13-2007, 09:05 PM
heh im still a newb here and havent been around that long, but I cant help but agree. I'm not saying the stories are particularly bad. In fact most are written quite well. Its just that theres little originality. Most of the stories are more like fantasies than actual plots, ya know? Fantasies are fun, and more often than not they've gotten me a little frisky. But i dunno i just feel like theres very few actual stories going on right now.

BeX25
02-08-2008, 10:06 PM
Hiya,
I hope that you feel I have gone someway to correcting this issue. I try to ensure my sories have plots and always have some aspects of truth or dare involved. There are many other fine writers to be found on this amazing site.
I hope since the previous post you feel things are better :)

BeX

johnsalach
03-02-2008, 04:39 PM
One thing I have noticed though is that the majority of the stories actually have very little to do with truth or dare, more just general kinky erotica. The sort of "My sister's best friend caught me (insert compromising situation here), and now I'm her slave forever". The day's of Rob's truth or dare story, or the Interactive Truth or Dare story by Marc and Shawn, are long gone.

Yes. I prefer the dares to the truth so I like to write a D Story rather than a TorD story!

Having said that - the site is "Get Dare" ;-)

sweetashoney
03-03-2008, 01:01 PM
I am writing about my experiences over the last couple of years and although they may seem far fetched they are basically truth Dare/Challenge stories. I admit that I may have stretched the truth a little but in my mind that is how the scenes went. Anyways I am glad that people are reading our stories and making the site popular.