PDA

View Full Version : A question to the Mods.

Blank
05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
Dont you fidn it a bit strange and annoying that people join getdare then ask you to ban thier accounts? I mean why cant they just leave? dont you find this very strange?

Slenderman - Doctor
05-04-2010, 11:11 AM
At a guess, I sometimes reckon they sign up just to be nosey and view more content. Maybe they'll see the Elite Area mentioned and sign up hoping to view that area, then to learn that you have to earn that status or apply.

But yeah. Some people are just odd. But that's the way of the world :p

SubMissChievous
05-04-2010, 11:16 AM
Dont you fidn it a bit strange and annoying that people join getdare then ask you to ban thier accounts? I mean why cant they just leave? dont you find this very strange?

Strange? Meh.. maybe... Annoying? No. People who PM us with such requests have different reasons, sometimes personal ones and since we don't delete accounts I can see why some would choose that as an option instead. I don't really have time or energy to spend at being annoyed by something so harmless...

Star Shadows
05-04-2010, 11:24 AM
From what I have heard its people who join then see some of the threads that are a little bit more ... dirty... sexual (for lack of a better word) and didn't realise that the website was like it was and rather than just leaving the account to rot, they request banning.

softeyes
05-04-2010, 11:36 AM
Some people request ban just to get away from getDare, for various reasons.

Meaning that without the ban they would keep signing back in.

Addiction.. Betty. x]

Star Shadows
05-04-2010, 11:49 AM
I would say I am suffering from said addiction however I am enjoying it greatly!

BettyBoop
05-04-2010, 11:59 AM
People have their reasons, I don't find it strange or annoying.
Some people have personal reasons, some just don't think they'll be able to stay away and I'm sure some do it just to announce they're going to and see what responses they get.
Meh.

Blank
05-04-2010, 03:17 PM
Yea I get what you all mean, but some join straight away then 5 mins later make a thread saying ban me. if someone asks to be banned for a read then yea its alright I mean im a bit addicted here and needed time away so I asked betty to ban me plus she had reason anyway lol. hmm I duno I just find it odd thel take the time and effort to join and ask to be banned 5 mins later surly they could just browse the forums as a guest and then decide weather to join or stay?

Anjelen
05-04-2010, 05:51 PM
If people made sense, the mods would have nothing to do.

Blank
05-05-2010, 02:41 PM
Thats true im probably A strange one to the mods dont you think mbp,Chloe =P

Manbearpig
05-05-2010, 05:20 PM
I haven't even commented on this yet :p

Anyways user requested bans only piss me off when they come back a week later. But whatever

lokelake
05-05-2010, 06:27 PM
Anyways user requested bans only piss me off when they come back a week later. But whatever

How do they come back? What do they use to contact depp to be unbanned?

SubMissChievous
05-05-2010, 06:32 PM
How do they come back? What do they use to contact depp to be unbanned?

They usually just create another account.. *shrug*

Ah oh well.. like I said it doesn't bother me a single bit. I'm actually a lot more confused by people who show some kind of weird fascination/obsession with the site, the staff (Depp in particular) and especially the ban list much more than by those who are on that ban list :D

Blank
05-05-2010, 06:46 PM
The ban list is funny, though Depp MBP I hate how you gusy tell spammers to die. I dont find death very funny tbh >__>. Also what is the point of asking to be banned then making another account?

SubMissChievous
05-05-2010, 06:52 PM
Also what is the point of asking to be banned then making another account?

Again: People have different and personal reasons.

Blank
05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
Again: People have different and personal reasons.

Come of it! Dont you feel slightly pissed.....that they ended up wasting your time? I fail to see why they would do that. I mean why ask to be banned why not just leave and come back with thier old account? I bet some ask to be banned again lol.

SubMissChievous
05-05-2010, 07:12 PM
Come of it! Dont you feel slightly pissed.....that they ended up wasting your time?

No. I already answered that: I really don't care and have no reasons to be "pissed" for something so meaningless. I enjoy life and getDare enough not to bother with tiny details like that. It takes me only a few seconds to ban someone anyway. No big deal.

Now I'm gonna close this because it's useless to ask over and over the same question. It has been answered and as for the rest of your questions, only those who are on the ban list could answer and they obviously can't :rolleyes:

If people made sense, the mods would have nothing to do.

Yes indeed.... :)

Manbearpig
05-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Just for the record, I find nothing funny about death nor do I find anything funny about spammers. They get paid sometimes to troll websites with links towards scams usually. This pisses me off. I think that story is done