PDA

View Full Version : Fiction: An Interesting Night

dcorker1
05-02-2010, 06:11 PM
First story on here and I realise it looks like a bit of a wall of text which is just describing (boring basically) but hopefully it'll kick off soon enough. I like to build proper bases to a story I write, no matter what it's for, and I thought this seemed far too rushed as it was. Anyway, let me know what you think. Won't take long for part 2.

Part One

'So, wanna play Truth or Dare?'

They were the words I'd been waiting weeks to hear. Let me explain. About 6 weeks ago I stumbled across this website, 'getdare.com.' It's this cool place where people can upload fun dares to try, and there's forums where people write stories about their own ToD experiences. Some claim to be non-fiction, but I thought most of them were probably just made up. Hell, most of them probably are. But before last night, I guess I'd underestimated how far almost any person will go when put in the right situation. Let me explain. My name's Steve. I play sports, I keep myself fit, I have dark brown hair that's falls down to just above my eyes, and although I'd never say this in person, I consider myself quite good looking, and I know most of the girls at school do as well. Oh yeah, I forgot, I'm 18 and in my final year of school. And that's all you need to know about me. Can't leave out the others though. There were three others involved last night; Adam, Jess and Sophie. Adam is my best friend – we're on several sports teams together and both have a lot of the same interests. Maybe I shouldn't have been too surprised at his willingness to go along with everything that happened. Physically, there's not much to say. He has short hair and is about 2 inches taller than me, about 6 foot I'd say. He claims to be the most sexually active guy in school, and most people believe him, which I find hilarious. He knows that I know how little sex he's had, and that just made last night even funnier. Anyway, more on that later. Now for the two girls. Luckily, they're both quite stereotypical, and as such very easy to describe. Sophie has dirty blonde hair, and gives it out pretty often to pretty much everyone. I'm sure you can picture her perfectly. And Jess – well, she's the hottest girl in the year. Long, brunette hair and a perfect body. Oh yeah, and she's openly bi. But that's enough describing people , let's get on to last night.

So the 4 of us were at Adams. There should have been about 10 of us but for various reasons that don't matter it was just us 4. But we did have alcohol for 10! And so as the night went on, we got more and more drunk – well, they did. I never drink much and last night was no exception. So I was feeling really quite normal when Jess suddenly said;

'So, wanna play Truth or Dare?'

Captain calamity.
05-03-2010, 09:43 AM
I must say-I'm intrigued, especially as this isn't the usual same sex thing rehashed. You've taken time to establish charecter instead of just rushing in.

Please, continue.

Star Shadows
05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I love how you have taken the time to introduce your characters without just diving straight into the action, it's hard to resist sometimes when you just want to go for it so congrats. I shall be watching you... well your story to be more precise.

javer03
05-03-2010, 07:54 PM
Good start sounds like a real event that happend to me several years ago