PDA

View Full Version : Votes?

Captain Harkness
05-02-2010, 02:10 PM
Hi just a suggestion for the GetDare staff. What when your selecting a new Staff member you narrow your choices down to three or an approbate number and then let the GetDare users vote for who they believe would be best at the job. It's just a suggestion.

05-03-2010, 05:37 AM
Dont like the fact that it becomes a popularity contest. I believe it is more appropriate for the staff to choose who would be a more reliable staff than the users themselves.

SubMissChievous
05-03-2010, 06:51 AM
Dont like the fact that it becomes a popularity contest.

Yeah and that's exactly why we don't do it that way.

The way it works is so simple: We discuss and / or suggest some people who we have seen around for a while and then Depp makes the final decision. Which makes perfect sense to me since getDare is his site :)

BettyBoop
05-03-2010, 06:57 AM
I agree with Chloe and 444.
The idea has potential but could end up just as another popularity contest, and it's better that Depp chooses in my opinion, it should really be up to him.

lokelake
05-12-2010, 07:57 PM
I can see how the voting would work out. But maybe only put the votes to members who were on for a long time so at the same time they also seen the potential new staff member, so they know what they are like.

moxie
05-12-2010, 08:17 PM
I come from the school of thought that says when you own it, you hire the help. Depp owns it so he should hire the help.