PDA

View Full Version : Iphone App

javer03
04-24-2010, 06:39 PM
I think it would be a great idea if the staff could come up with and Iphone app for getdare.com. Dont know if Apple would allow it but I'm sure you could for the "jailbroke" phones. Staffers is this a possibility?

SlutPuppy
04-25-2010, 02:11 AM
:p You can get on getDare from your iPod Touch and iPhone now. Just use the safari internet button. But I agree, an actual app would make it much easier for people who get on it via iPod/iPhone

Star Shadows
04-25-2010, 02:24 AM
When most phones when decent internet capabilities can get onto getDare, (even my shitty sony ericsson w810i) I don't see how it would really make a great deal of difference for the effort it would take, especially when it would appear this is just for apples anyway not the more commonly used android apps on the majority of other smart phones.

BettyBoop
04-25-2010, 05:12 AM
Moved to the suggestion zone.

coolkid22
04-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Well they can make it an easier way to see getdare from and ipod or iphone or now ipad! Haha but guess what? Getdare staff would get lots of $$$$$$. And with all tht money thy can improve the website. Also a plus, a lot of diffent people will download the app thus making more members!!!

worale
04-25-2010, 08:52 AM
It's great idea! I'm going to buy it if someone make it.

depp
04-26-2010, 07:02 PM
I am a programmer by day and would have no problem knocking out an iPhone app. The problem is Apple would never approve it. :(

If Apple loosens up their stance on controversial content I would be more than happy to write something kickass.

javer03
04-27-2010, 09:56 PM
Can you write it for jailbroken phones?

Manbearpig
04-27-2010, 09:59 PM
I don't want to speak for Depp, but how many people on here would use such a product. I think sooner or later Apple will be forced to loosen its standards. Maybe someday we can hope. For the meantime, accessing getdare through safari on iPhone isn't half bad.

XBOX360
04-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Why not just make a iPod compatible getDare.

Like if you go to like... www.kotaku.com. For instance, the website is shaped so you don't need to zoom or anything. And that's without an app.

javer03
04-30-2010, 07:29 PM
That's a great idea!!

javer03
05-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Any headway on the new phone friendly website?

MetalGreek
05-18-2010, 11:03 PM
Haha Depp, I think there stances are pretty loosened up...i recently found a few apps portraying adult games....really freaked me out o.o. But yeah the app would be very helpful not only for the site, but also for the staff. Maybe they could get payed some! xD

Manbearpig
05-18-2010, 11:15 PM
Haha Depp, I think there stances are pretty loosened up...i recently found a few apps portraying adult games....really freaked me out o.o. But yeah the app would be very helpful not only for the site, but also for the staff. Maybe they could get payed some! xD

Usually these get taken down after a few days or they are owned by a major corporation (e.g. SI or Playboy)

depp
05-18-2010, 11:49 PM
I am seriously looking into developing an Android application (I have a Google Nexus One). I would be open to porting to the iPhone if similar applications get and stay approved.

None of this will happen immediately. I have some other projects I am working on and a ton of stuff going on at work.

MetalGreek
05-19-2010, 06:14 PM
Alright, as long as you don't go crazy from the work I think we'll live :P. But yeah if apple doesn't agree then why not make a hacked version and such? I mean you don't need anyone's OK and it would allow anyone of us to get it for free :3..AND you can customize to standards that you and the people of GD want not that of Apple :P

Manbearpig
05-22-2010, 10:04 AM
Alright, as long as you don't go crazy from the work I think we'll live :P. But yeah if apple doesn't agree then why not make a hacked version and such? I mean you don't need anyone's OK and it would allow anyone of us to get it for free :3..AND you can customize to standards that you and the people of GD want not that of Apple :P

Then again, how many people are really going to actually use it. Even if it 10 or so people, I don't think it is really worth it. That is just my feeling

sexy-girl
05-26-2010, 08:33 PM
even if no one uses it, it would still bring more people to the site
example:
"look! a getdare app! wait! whats getdare? why dont i google it!! Wow. this is such a cool site!!"

Robbo!
05-26-2010, 09:24 PM
I could see this working if it was a Truth or Dare app that essentially had all the functionality of the getdare.com home screen (no forums), and maybe even the archives.

The problem is, there are already quite a few TorD apps. The good news is they either suck or aren't free (and even the others have a highest avg rating of three stars). If getDare released a good, free TorD app (which we could, we've got all the dares already), people would definitely take notice and check out the site.

doggybaby
05-31-2010, 07:13 AM
I don't see why apple wouldn't allow it when there are apps for sex positions and grindr is still huge.

CuddleRainbowz
03-27-2011, 09:34 AM
I'm pretty sure apple will let getdare have an app.