PDA

View Full Version : Expanding the Elite S/M Section

Leopard
04-09-2010, 09:49 PM
This area currently exists only for approved applicants to read and post in. Since the majority of the threads in there are for important aspects such as safety and more mature (in thought rather than content) threads, I think it would be a good idea to have this section viewable by anyone but only the members of the section be able to post in it (to keep the thread quality high, as the section was designed for.)

Either that or some sort of integration with the current S/M Lounge, because really there's no point having both as is - unless it's to say only crap posts go in the normal lounge and good ones in the Elite section, which is obviously bad.

I understand that kinktalk exists, but honestly, there are a lot of people out there new to things and exploring them out, and without the educational material out there to keep them from unwittingly getting into anything really bad (and illegal) trouble happens. So there is a valid reason for an S/M section on the site, since it provides a good learning step between tord and kinktalk. I do think however that it should be more readily available, rather than something a few users happen to stumble across.

Merlin
04-09-2010, 09:53 PM
sounds like a good idea

SubMissChievous
04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I think it would be a good idea to have this section viewable by anyone but only the members of the section be able to post in it (to keep the thread quality high, as the section was designed for.)

I 100% agree with you :)

in the past I've always been in favor of everyone having access to information and resources and I've always insisted for ex. for the main S/M area not to be age-restricted so everyone could feel free to read and ask questions there.

Since the creation of that area (as much as I like the idea of a higher quality of postings) my only concern was that the rest of the S/M area (esp. the Lounge) would decrease...

I'm currently working on some upcoming topics I want to post about in the S/M area and wasn't sure yet where I would post them since there are 2 areas... :confused: Being torn between wanting the discussions to remain quality-high but also wanting that everyone could access my postings...

I think this idea would be great... at least to solve my dilemma :D

But seriously.. yes, I'm in favor of this suggestion :)

04-10-2010, 05:05 AM
One question. Since You guys were talking about posting 'Elite' personal ads in there some time ago, how does that work out if you make it public...

Leopard
04-10-2010, 05:48 AM
One question. Since You guys were talking about posting 'Elite' personal ads in there some time ago, how does that work out if you make it public...

The Elite Ad and Elite Blog sections are subsections already - so they can stay as they are for now, I assume. (Not even sure why the Blog section is in Elite.)

Leopard
04-11-2010, 06:54 PM
After a discussion with LilAngel last night, I thought of a better way to structure the S/M area. The problem at the moment is that there's essentially two lounges, a punishment ideas section, etc. So now when you go to post something you have two options, the more exlusive Elite lounge which has better posts, or the normal lounge which more people will see. It's kind of silly. It would be much better instead if the sections were changed about a bit.

Current:
Punishments & Ideas
Elite S/M Section
Elite S/M Ads
Elite S/M Blogs
S/M Lounge

Suggested:
Punishments & Ideas
S/M Information (articles, available to all to read, approved posters only**)
S/M Questions (questions only)
S/M Blogs
Approved Ads (A moderator or w/e has approved them)***

**Approved posters would basically be same as Elite S/M, fill out form and send to specific Mod.
***Ads could simply have a 500 character min limit as has been suggested in another thread here and that would save a mod needing to read them all, also a required format ala elite ads/ kinktalk could work.

Basically instead of the current setup with two lounges, those two change to Information and Questions - one section for good stuff to read and learn the basics from, and another for asking questions. Anyone looking for anything more indepth can go to kinktalk.

Star Shadows
04-12-2010, 12:31 AM
I think that idea would work so much better than the layout at the moment and, it will benefit the newer people a lot more there's lots of valuable stuff in the elite and stuff of similar quality just gets lost in the not so good stuff of the normal area

Blank
04-13-2010, 03:23 PM
why cant anyone just have access to it? its pointless to be able to view a section and not be able to post Im sorry I dont wanna sound like a dick but the negatives about that idea must be seen to. If anyone can view it then anyone should be allowed to post in it or it just seems pointless. but this is my opinion =)

lokelake
04-13-2010, 03:27 PM
why cant anyone just have access to it? its pointless to be able to view a section and not be able to post Im sorry I dont wanna sound like a dick but the negatives about that idea must be seen to. If anyone can view it then anyone should be allowed to post in it or it just seems pointless. but this is my opinion =)

Very good point you made there, Blank.

SubMissChievous
04-13-2010, 03:34 PM
why cant anyone just have access to it? its pointless to be able to view a section and not be able to post Im sorry I dont wanna sound like a dick but the negatives about that idea must be seen to. If anyone can view it then anyone should be allowed to post in it or it just seems pointless. but this is my opinion =)No it would not be pointless because the content from this section would be about safety and other important issues. At the moment, all threads that are in the Elite section can be viewed by only a handful of people which is silly and counterproductive.

Maintaining a "semi-restricted" area would be simply to avoid people posting without content or information or posting misinformations. It would be more content-heavy and not for requests or simple questions as this would be the purpose of the Questions & Advice forum.

Anyone who would have been here for a while, have a decent posting record and contribution would easily get approved.

Blank
04-13-2010, 03:42 PM
No it would not be pointless because the content from this section would be about safety and other important issues. At the moment, all threads that are in the Elite section can be viewed by only a handful of people which is silly and counterproductive.

Maintaining a "semi-restricted" area would be simply to avoid people posting without content or information or posting misinformations. It would be more content-heavy and not for requests or simple questions as this would be the purpose of the Questions & Advice forum.

Anyone who would have been here for a while, have a decent posting record and contribution would easily get approved.

I intend to stay here for a while but on the last forum I was on it took me 5 years to get 3000 posts meaning I would have to wait a year to stand a chance of been able to post a idea. also some people are nice and do post decent stuff but they just dont post alot. also if someone makes a bad post just delete it? I just dont see the point in making a section viewable and only 20% of members been able to post in it lol im sorry maybe I ma wrong about this but at the moment I just see it as silly...my apologies.

SubMissChievous
04-13-2010, 03:45 PM
I intend to stay here for a while but on the last forum I was on it took me 5 years to get 3000 posts meaning I would have to wait a year to stand a chance of been able to post a idea. also some people are nice and do post decent stuff but they just dont post alot. also if someone makes a bad post just delete it? I just dont see the point in making a section viewable and only 20% of members been able to post in it lol im sorry maybe I ma wrong about this but at the moment I just see it as silly...my apologies.

I never said people would need 3000 posts or even 300 :) Quality is more important than quantity.