PDA

View Full Version : Reputation points.

mijman
03-02-2010, 04:15 PM
I have seen on another website with a similar layout to this site where they run a points system to show the quality of the posts a user posts. basicly if a user makes a really good posts then an admin or moderator will apply points to the user, its sort of the opposite to infractions points. I think this would be good as it will allow other users of the poster is a good or bad poster.

Manbearpig
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Umm...we have tried this before. Now I am not saying this isn't coming back, but we have done this before and this failed miserably. Now dare points on the other hand (not really, never again, please)...

Slenderman - Doctor
03-03-2010, 02:51 AM
Flog and dead horse.

Leopard
03-03-2010, 03:56 AM
I may be odd here, but I'd prefer just reading the post on its own merits rather than worrying about who posted it.

What I would like is for the buggy rating system to be fixed, so that we can give stars to particularly good threads. Would really help being able to rate s/m ads and stories... (I know you can on some threads, but sometimes it tells you that you already rated it when it's something you've never read.)

Manbearpig
03-05-2010, 08:32 AM
I mean, the rep system worked for awhile, and then users, myself included for awhile, kind of abused it and it resulted in a lot of hurt feelings. I am sure it could work again in theory, but with more of the same included. I do think however Leopards suggestion is a very good one.

Maybe we could have a system based on length of their posts, good or bad, and it could result in them getting kinds of rewards or maybe even points....that will never work :rolleyes:
For those of you who have no idea what I am talking about, search Dare points