PDA

View Full Version : Fiction: Snowed In

Anomaly
02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
Hello All,

This is my first attempt at writing a story for this forum. I've been an avid reader for sometime now, and have finally decided to begin writing. I've had this idea for a story in my head for awhile now, so without further ado, I will begin.

Snowed In

Part 1

"What the hell are we suppose to do all night?" Isaac said, slamming his fist into the door of his locker. "This is so stupid."

"I know man, it sucks." said Ryan, "But shit don't break your hand, you won't do much good if your sitting on the bench all season."

Isaac and Ryan were best friends, and had been ever since grade school. Looking back now, that seemed like such a long time ago. Over the years, the two of them did everything together, and now, in their senior year of high school they were nearly inseparable.

Isaac was the star center for the school's basketball team, and had college talent scouts drooling over his athletic abilities and pure skill. Ryan was the starting point guard, though nowhere near as talented as Isaac, and he knew it. After all how could he be? Isaac was 6'5'' and built like a horse, but he was gifted with a quickness that made him a rare talent. Ryan was 6' even, and fast, but lacked some of the agility that could have made him great.

"I'm so mad right now, I don't give a damn about my hand. I had plans tonight, but now I'm stuck here in this stupid school all night." said Isaac.

"Dude chill out. We'll find something to do. Come on, we're the kings of this school, we'll figure something out." Ryan flashed a smile at Isaac as he dumped his books into his locker, slamming the door shut.

Lakewood High School sat at the base of the Rocky Mountains, just outside Denver, Colorado. It was January and a blizzard had moved into the area, catching the city off guard as it dumped snow at a record rate. At 4:00p.m. James Deegan, the principal of the school, had made the call to lock down the building and keep the remaining students and faculty housed on school grounds overnight. The storm was intensifying by the minute, and had already brought more then 10 inches of new snow since the start of the day. Adding wind into the equation resulted in a blinding blizzard that all but halted the city of Denver.

"Attention students and staff, as of 4:00p.m. we'll be locking down the school due to the declining weather conditions." James' voice echoed over the school's intercom speakers. "The Department of Transportation has deemed it unsafe to travel, and the city's plows can't keep up. This is something that we've never done before, but we have no choice. I realize this won't be a popular decision, but as the principle of this school, I'm ultimately responsible for your safety. I apologize for the inconvenience, I know most of you would rather be other places, rest assured that I would too, but this storm is not going anywhere, and as of now, neither are we. Your teachers will give you instructions and guidelines, and we'll meet in the gym at 5:00 to discuss the situation. Thank you for your understanding."

"Man I hate that guy!" Isaac shouted to anyone that would listen. "My truck could handle this, fucking stupid. Everyone else got to leave early, but we're stuck in this hell hole all damn night."

Lakewood was home to just over 1,100 students, but the majority of them had left at 2:45, after the last core classes of the day. The 90 or so students that remained were involved in extra curricular activities, band, or sports. Both the men's basketball team, and women's volleyball team had after school practice, and were among those now stranded. A portion of the school's band was also trapped overnight.

Isaac and Ryan walked down the nearly empty main hallway of the school towards the gym. "So, what's this plan of yours man?" Isaac said as he kicked a wad of paper at the kid in front of him.

"Hmmm… Well let's start at the beginning. We're stuck in the school all night, with whoever is left here. There's bound to be some girls around right? Did Lacy have practice today?" Ryan looked at his friend waiting for an answer.

"I think so, they usually practice Wednesday and Friday." Lacy was Isaac's girlfriend, at least for the time being. They had only been dating for a month or two, and Isaac wasn't sure about their future. Apart from dating the star of the basketball team, Lacy was the captain of the women's volleyball team, making them among the most high profile and popular couples in the school. Her drop-dead beauty made here the crush of every guy in school, and Isaac was lucky to have her, at least that's what Ryan thought. Ryan was single, having just been dumped by his girlfriend of over a year, Samantha. Their relationship had been on life support for a while before Sammy had finally ended things.

"Well if there's girls, then I'm game." Ryan smiled as they turned the corner into the gym, scanning the room to see who they would be spending the night with. A group of five or six girls strolled past them as they made their way to the bleachers.

"Maybe it'll be an okay night after all, hell who knows, maybe we'll even get you some pussy!" Isaac poked his finger into Ryan's arm as they sat down.

"Shut up or I'll kick your ass right here in front of everyone." Ryan shot back, a playful smile on his face.

"Dream on Ace, dream on..." Isaac laughed as they focused their attention to the principle, who was beginning to talk.

will9022
02-08-2010, 02:39 PM
good start, this story really looks like it can go somewhere! cant wait for more!

Nick
02-09-2010, 03:07 PM
Pretty good start, I like the story so far.
Just watch out for small spelling errors like "by vs "buy" spell check wouldn't catch that so read through your story before you post it.
Also, watch out for repetition. A few examples: You explain the school was snowed in at 4pm and then the principal says the same thing. You state extra curriculars like band and sports would get snowed in and then say it again with a little more detail.
Just small stuff like that. Keep going!

Anomaly
02-09-2010, 10:15 PM
PART 2

As Principal Deegan began speaking to the assembled students and staff of the school, Ryan and Isaac surveyed the remaining students, eager to see some faces they knew. Several other members of the basketball team were scattered amongst the near empty bleachers. Isaac spotted Lacy sitting about 4 rows behind them and flashed her a gleaming smile, comforted that if nothing else he had his girlfriend to keep him company. Sitting with Lacy were several other girls, a few of which he knew. He assumed most of them were on the volleyball team with his girlfriend.

Ryan’s eyes had wandered to the same group of girls, several of which seemed excited to see his face smiling up at them. Ryan was a good-looking guy and after his breakup with Samantha, he had become one of the more sought after boys in the school. After all who could blame them; he was a senior, and the starting point guard for a team that had won 3 consecutive state championships and was closing in on a record-breaking win streak. The girls shifted their attention back to the principle who was now walking towards the students.

“Dude pay attention, here he comes.” Isaac said as he elbowed Ryan in the gut.

“Ouch!” Isaac winced.

“As I’ve just explained, we’ll be eating dinner as a group in the cafeteria in one hour. After that, the staff and a selected group of you will begin setting up the gym, where we’ll be spending the night. Obviously this night won’ t be the most comfortable you’ve ever had, but we’re forced to use what we’ve got, and what we’ve got is a gym with a bunch of gym mats.” James Deegan could hear the groans and sighs of the students as he spoke. “I’ve handed out a list of further instructions to the faculty, and if you have any questions, please ask one of them, or myself. So, dinner in an hour; until then feel free to hang out with your friends, do homework, or whatever you please. Due to the circumstances I’m lifting the school’s ban on cell phones and mp3 players, so feel free to use them. All of your parents have already been notified of the situation. Let’s try and make the best of this night. Thank you.”

“Well at least we can use our phones, thank God.” Isaac said as he reached into his pocket, pulling out his iphone and turning it on.

“Yea that should help pass the time.” Ryan mumbled, grabbing his own phone from his pocket. “Let’s go meet up with Lacy and see what they think of all this.”

Isaac looked back up at Lacy, and waved for her to come down to them. She turned and said something to her friends before standing up and starting down the bleacher steps toward them, followed quickly by the four girls she was with.

“Hey babe, I’m so glad you’re still here, this whole thing is stupid.” Lacy smiled as the words left her lips. She reached in and kissed Isaac quickly on the check.

Lacy was a stunning girl, with sleek brown hair, and legs that went on forever. Her body was amazingly well toned thanks to the years of sports and fitness training she had participated in. She was 5’10’’ tall, which helped against the height difference of dating a 6’5’’ basketball star. Lacy was a confident and daring girl, but she had always been shy about public affection. She was weirded out by the thought of other people watching her kiss, and usually opted for kisses on the check or forehead instead of the lips.

“Ryan and I were saying the same thing. What a nightmare, trapped in this damn school all night. I hate being here in the day, much less locked in overnight. God Damn snow always messes everything up.” Isaac’s face filled with frustration as he vented.

“Easy now, you didn’t hate the snow last weekend when we were snowboarding up in the mountains.” Ryan pointed his hand towards the top of the gym wall, apparently indicating some mountain range that lay far beyond the walls of the school.

“Yea that’s true, that powder was amazing. But that doesn’t excuse the snow for the crap it’s pulling right now.” Isaac joked.

“You guys snowboard? I do too!” One of Lacy’s friends smiled as she looked from Isaac to Ryan, seeking their approval.

“Guys this is my friend Ashley, she’s a sophomore and a hell of a volleyball player.” Lacy said.

“Well I don’t know about that…” Ashley smiled nervously as her cheeks blushed.

“Oh don’t be so modest, you’ll take over as captain of the team after I graduate this year.” Lacy smiled back to her friend.

“You really think so?” Ashley’s said, her voice becoming more confident.

“Of coarse, you’re the best we’ve got, no offense to the rest of you…” Lacy said, turning to the others as she spoke. “I’m sure some of you have met, but just in case… This is Kristin, Summer, Holly, and of coarse Ashley.” Lacy’s hand pointed at each of the girls as she introduced them. “Girls, this is my boyfriend Isaac and his friend Ryan.”

“We know who they are.” Summer giggled, “Everyone knows who they are.”

“Well thanks, but I’m sure there are some people who don’t. Although they’d have to be complete idiots I suppose.” Ryan smiled, gloating in his popularity.

“So we’ve got about an hour to kill before we’re suppose to be in the cafeteria, any ideas?” Lacy’s eyes flashed from face to face as she scanned the group, looking for an answer.

“Well I don’t care what we do as long as we get the hell out of this gym.” Isaac blurted out, causing two of the girls to flinch slightly.

“Sounds good to me.” Holly said, joining into the conversation. “Let’s go find some empty room and just chill for awhile before dinner. I’m sure most of the classrooms are empty.”

“Perfect!” Ryan jumped up off the bleacher as he spoke. “Let’s get out of here!” He looked over his shoulder as the rest of the group followed, though somewhat less enthusiastically.

“What’s he so excited about?” Lacy whispered into Isaac’s ear as they walked a few steps behind the rest of the group.

“Hell if I know, he’s always up to something.” Isaac smiled, “I’m sure he’s got something on his mind, guess we’ll find out soon.” He reached down and gently took her hand, wrapping his fingers around hers as he kissed her cheek. “Let’s just try to make this night something to remember.”

pufflekid
02-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Great I love it but the grammar is bad you are using the wrong version of words like priciple and pricipal -pal is the one you want

gagemeaker
02-10-2010, 07:51 PM
keep going... this story is amazing :D

Anomaly
02-10-2010, 09:57 PM
Thank you for your comments, and I apologize for the typos and errors. I realize I have been rushing to post the story without fully proofing each section. I will try to be more thorough in the future!

Anomaly
02-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Part 3

Ryan’s mind was racing as he walked down the main hallway of the school. His head filled with ideas and fantasies as he pictured the possibilities of tonight’s events. He became so focused on his plan that he failed to realize he had quickened his pace, now practically running through the seemingly endless maze of lockers he knew so well.

“Slow down killer!” Isaac yelled to his friend, somewhat annoyed. “What’s so damn important that you have to run?”

“Sorry…” Ryan stopped and turned to face the group. “Guess I spaced out there for a minute.”

“Well calm down, lets just find a room. How about the math department?” Isaac pointed to the set of double doors that led to the math wing of the school.

“That’s as good as any I suppose.” Ryan said as he once again led the group through the near vacant school, this time making a conscious effort to remain calm.

“How about room 213? I don’t think they use that room for a class this semester anyway.” Ashley jumped ahead of Ryan and pulled the door to the dark classroom open. It was situated around the corner from the majority of the math wing, making it somewhat secluded from anyone passing by.

They filed in as Ashley found the light switch, illuminating the desolate room.

“Isaac come here for a sec, I’ve got to tell you something.” Ryan grabbed his friend’s arm and pulled him back before he entered the room. “Listen man, I think we can have some fun tonight. I’ve been thinking about it since we left the gym.” He whispered excitedly.

“What do you have in mind?” Isaac asked, skeptical of his best mate’s idea.

“Well think about it. We’re here ALL night, there are only a few teachers left with us and it’ll be easy to sneak away. There’s hot ass all around us, and they’re all bored too. I think we ought to entertain them.” Ryan said, a mischievous smile growing on his face.

“What are you talking about dude, is this another one of your crazy ass plans? If so just tell me now so I can ge….”

“It’s not crazy!” Ryan said sternly, cutting Isaac off mid sentence. “You’re the one who said I’d get some pussy tonight.”

“I was joking you dumbass, we’re in a damn school.” Isaac shot back, angered by his friend’s stupidity.

“Yea, an empty school. With chicks everywhere and no one around to notice we’re missing. Just follow my lead and we’ll see where the night goes, okay?” Ryan said, this time in a much softer tone.

“Fine, just don’t make me look like an ass in front of Lacy.” Isaac replied.

“Deal, now lets get in there. You better make me look good or you can forget about all those amazing passes on the court.” Ryan joked.

“Whatever, just don’t fuck this up.” Isaac smiled as they walked into the room, closing the door behind them.