PDA

View Full Version : How is the getDare staff doing?

chain
08-30-2007, 03:24 AM
How do you think the staff (including myself and Depp) are doing? Feel free to offer critcisms, compliments, or whatever you feel necessay.

Davros
08-30-2007, 05:55 AM
I voted "Horrible"... well, someone was bound to lol... no, seriously, the getDare staff are doing amazing and keeping the website tidy! Great work guys! :)

xxxMichellexxx
08-30-2007, 07:03 AM
"Could Be Better, Could Be Worse" is the best answer, we can always be better, but we could get a lot worse

Mephistopheles
08-31-2007, 12:33 AM
Voted Good. Overall, I am quite content with the site, and have found it to be an enjoyable forum and resource during both my lurking days and my since-then-once-a-month activity bursts.

The effective implementation and management of the M/S section is crucially important, and handled very well here. It is a rather needed section for a TorD community, but, too often, it becomes unorganized, messy, spammy, and just plain stupid; I am fairly confidant that the glut of that stuff was one of things that helped bring the glory days of dyndns to the miserable halt it came to.

Here, however, the Java applet works well for formatting, and the mods are vigilant in the section. The rest of the mod team is quite talented as well; they have been able to keep things in-line without any power tripping.

All in all, I do not see any major problems with getdare at all. Quality staff, efficient management system--the only thing holding it back from sheer awesome perfection is the fact that, well, there is always room to expand content...

Powerstrip
08-31-2007, 03:59 PM
Voted good aswell.

You can always be better, but you all deserve credit for your good work. You work well, keep the site clean and make sure everyone sticks to the rules (and you keep doing it, even though there are lots of people who ignores the rules)

Well Done all :D

chain
08-31-2007, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys. Please, be honest and throw in your opinions and how to make it better if you have any ideas.

TheLittleStrawberry
09-01-2007, 09:42 AM
I think everything is fine except one thing. Please please get rid of those people who just cant get in their head that requesting or offering pics is illegal. I know you''re ll doing a hard job already... but I still think this problem needs more attention.

bobo
09-01-2007, 09:51 AM
I think everything is fine except one thing. Please please get rid of those people who just cant get in their head that requesting or offering pics is illegal. I know you''re ll doing a hard job already... but I still think this problem needs more attention.

its not so much the asking for pics its that threads can get clogged up with posts like this
strip naked nd send pics to [email protected]

Powerstrip
09-01-2007, 12:19 PM
One thing I think you could improve on is when threads are locked.

E.G. This thread: 17/F/US/Slave seeks Master (http://tinyurl.com/29dojb)

I can guess to why it was locked, but I am not 100% sure. A post to say why it was locked would be helpful.

It's because she didn't give enough detail of what she was looking for, right?

bobo
09-01-2007, 12:36 PM

I can guess to why it was locked, but I am not 100% sure. A post to say why it was locked would be helpful.

or she could have lied about her age.......
btw i voted good too

Smile Guy
09-01-2007, 01:58 PM

I usually send a PM to the thread creator explaining why (I understand how frustrating it can be when you don't know why) but if you'd prefer a reason then that's a fair enough. The trouble is I don't want to bump a probably crappy thread to the top.

And who voted Horrible! I'm hurt.

cheesy dude
09-01-2007, 02:44 PM
i voted excellent because well need i say more? i AM excellent lol.

Glutgod
09-02-2007, 09:06 PM
I feel the getdare staff are doing good, no offense but I've seen better, but for now your doing as good as you need to be, so Good job. :)

chain
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
What would you do different?

TheLittleStrawberry
09-04-2007, 10:17 AM
I usually send a PM to the thread creator explaining why (I understand how frustrating it can be when you don't know why) but if you'd prefer a reason then that's a fair enough. The trouble is I don't want to bump a probably crappy thread to the top.

And who voted Horrible! I'm hurt.

It's like 2 votes!! :p

You have 9 votes saying its excellent and 8 votes saying it's good...

Focus on the bright things in life :)!

Powerstrip
09-04-2007, 04:25 PM
i voted excellent because well need i say more? i AM excellent lol.

We're talking about the mods not you....I would have voted slightly differently....:rolleyes:

*cowers in lew of repurcussions from cheesy dude, the greatest mod who ever lived*

depp
09-05-2007, 02:34 AM
I'm voting horrible because of the amount of neglect I give this place. It's a never ending cycle with me. I neglect the site, feel really guilty, and then come back for some minor or major updates.

getDare is a difficult balancing act of many things. That sentence sums it up for me.

chain
09-06-2007, 08:03 AM
So whats the next update?

depp
09-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm working on something totally new that I think (hope) will really blow people away. I'm actually working on it now. I'll be opening a beta when it gets further along. Also if anybody wants to volunteer here around the site let me know. If you want to take over a stale section feel free to contribute. I'm open to most proposals.

I have plenty of things to do around here as it is. If you love a part of getDare and want to take over a section of the site feel free to.

Swooper
09-09-2007, 06:35 AM
I second Mephistopheles comments. He said it the best I think. And depp you will be missed.

depp
09-10-2007, 08:34 PM
And depp you will be missed.

I have no plans to leave. I think you mean depp=n00b=lol. There is no reason for me to close this site. There is plenty of cool stuff I am working on too. :D

Collared_Slave
09-12-2007, 01:41 PM
oooh i cant wait for the cool stuff- can u tell us any more or is it a secret

Kumquat250
09-12-2007, 01:46 PM
i voted good. i really like the things around here. could be better though.

admireu4ever
09-18-2007, 09:20 PM
I voted horrible that way the staff don't get cocky....

MischievousKitten
09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
The staff is doing all right I suppose. I think the truth or dare club needs to be given a little more attention, as I have applied there with no response.

Swooper
09-18-2007, 11:21 PM
My bad, sorry an Aussie thing to shorten things down I didn't realise that there was a Depp then a Depp=noob=lol. But he will be missed anyways.

Glutgod
09-24-2007, 05:47 PM
I just want to say, I think that the getdare staff are dropping out a little bit, I'm not say there arn't that many, (I'm not really sure.) I just wanted to bring it up.

Powerstrip
09-25-2007, 07:08 AM
TBF, considering two have dropped out in the past couple of weeks, I haven't noticed any problems. Those that are left are doing a great job :)

Davros
12-24-2007, 02:40 AM
Digging up an old thread, BUT surely it's okay because it's an ongoing discussion! :D

Anyway, I like how the site is run and the people who run it are awesome - bar one. Not naming anyone, but one of the mods/admins needs to stop being harsh with everything :cool::cool:

chain
12-24-2007, 05:36 PM
There is a reason why we're cracking down on a lot of stuff...note Brownie (who's now a productive member!) And the PM I sent is completly understandable if you think about it.

brownie
12-24-2007, 07:15 PM
i vote Could be better, could be worse.

Worse:
If i left
the backround changes to green

Better:
~Chat can be better, use of webcam on it
~you profile, able to but stuff on it, like make ur own personall, have music, more pics, not the same for every1
~Getdare needs a mascot mybe a evil fly monkey, with a half peeled banna?
~for unread post maybe u have no intreaste in slave/master cause u r own or something. Have it not come up. Or mybe u dont like truths, click of a botton nothing from the salve/master area will come up, or no storys.

It is pefect now:
the smiles kick ass like this 1, :chainsaw:

waspees
12-24-2007, 07:31 PM
the getdare staff should have spent more time in school, the correct question is how are the staff doing, not is.........basic grammar

chain
12-24-2007, 07:35 PM
the getdare staff should have spent more time in school, the correct question is how are the staff doing, not is.........basic grammar

Indeed.

Brownie: I don't have time to go into detail, but some of your suggestions are very good, others just aren't going to happen.

waspees
12-24-2007, 07:40 PM
ah well, i was expecting some abuse for that, at least you agree
shame the only response is to the negative posting i made, where is your christmas spirit people......
incidently, to answer the question, there doing just fine as far as they let on i havent heard too many grumbles.........oh wait you might have meant something else by that question....apologies im not in a good mood, questions should be specific

brownie
12-24-2007, 09:35 PM
ah well, i was expecting some abuse for that, at least you agree
shame the only response is to the negative posting i made, where is your christmas spirit people......
incidently, to answer the question, there doing just fine as far as they let on i havent heard too many grumbles.........oh wait you might have meant something else by that question....apologies im not in a good mood, questions should be specific

Fine, since every1 yells at me for dunp coments like that i get on your ass.

What the hell are you thinking, trashing this thread, there is no needd for comment like that in getdare. Depp and chaigtheclick, are well educated, 5th graders. With an Iq of 87, They are smarter then the poor 5th grader, but not the normall ones. So how dare you make fun of them like that, you should be apaled at yourself for doing that. Were is your Xmas spirt, you are supose to be nice.

You no what santa does to people like you :chainsaw:?

Davros
12-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Fine, since every1 yells at me for dunp coments like that i get on your ass.

What the hell are you thinking, trashing this thread, there is no needd for comment like that in getdare. Depp and chaigtheclick, are well educated, 5th graders. With an Iq of 87, They are smarter then the poor 5th grader, but not the normall ones. So how dare you make fun of them like that, you should be apaled at yourself for doing that. Were is your Xmas spirt, you are supose to be nice.

You no what santa does to people like you :chainsaw:?

If Santa does things to people like him, I'd like to say: watch your back, Brownie. You've been a complete moron! :p

Sum
12-28-2007, 07:09 PM
~for unread post maybe u have no intreaste in slave/master cause u r own or something. Have it not come up. Or mybe u dont like truths, click of a botton nothing from the salve/master area will come up, or no storys.

That's what i meant when i suggested an unread posts filter a while back.

On probation again i see brownie, catch ya soon. You did better than last time though.

Staff are good, like how you can allways see each ones personality.

Davros
12-28-2007, 07:10 PM
That's what i meant when i suggested an unread posts filter a while back.

On probation again i see brownie, catch ya soon. You did better than last time though.

Staff are good, like how you can allways see each ones personality.

Probation... again! Jesus Christ...

simple
01-05-2008, 12:41 PM
the staff is doing great (except TheLittleStrawberry)

they could do better but they're still doing brilliant

trymeout
01-05-2008, 06:29 PM

Not true. 'Staff' can be used either as a singular or a plural noun...'is' and 'are' are equally acceptable.

:p

SubMissChievous
01-05-2008, 07:55 PM
the staff is doing great (except TheLittleStrawberry)

they could do better but they're still doing brilliant
I agree completely with you! Strawberry isn't doing great... just doing awesome! :p ;)