PDA

View Full Version : How to Indent.

Jellybones
01-18-2010, 04:26 PM
I dont know if any1 reads this section of the forums but Im trying to find out how to indent my stories. I tried tab but tab doesnt work and I tried using 5 spaces but in posting they got ignored. Any ideas?

Slenderman - Doctor
01-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't think you can.

Just

leave

a

line

space

:)

BettyBoop
01-18-2010, 05:12 PM
Um is this indent? I'm not sure as I don't know what it is but I found this button in the advanced posting thingy by accident. It's just like doing bold, but instead of B you do INDENT sorry if I'm mistaken.

Slenderman - Doctor
01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Um is this indent? I'm not sure as I don't know what it is but I found this button in the advanced posting thingy by accident. It's just like doing bold, but instead of B you do INDENT sorry if I'm mistaken.

Oooooh, magic. :D

But it indents the whole paragraph, not just the first line of the paragraph.

tfd
01-18-2010, 05:16 PM
Oooooh, magic. :D

But it indents the whole paragraph, not just the first line of the paragraph.

My best guess is that a [/INDENT] stops the indentification?

Lets try...
I've done a line break there.
and another

yeah, [/INDENT] stops the indent.

Jellybones
01-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Lol ty you guys. Im just not gonna use it.

Duckers
01-21-2010, 10:01 AM
I did a few searches, but it doesn't look like you can do it. In straight html you could use   to make a space or create a style which would scoot the first word of each paragraph over, but the BB code doesn't seem to allow that. Allowing people to run a lot of HTML in a forum could be an easy way to let them screw up the forums.

You could do something like:

-----Four score and seven years ago. Yadda yadda yadda. This is some text to make a paragraph, so there's not really anything interesting going on here. Move along, please.

- - -Or that should work too.

But that might look odd seeing that over a number of paragraphs.