PDA

View Full Version : The ask me anything threads?

Star Shadows
01-10-2010, 03:05 PM
I am not sure but these are getting popular and a quite big amount of the posts are going into the truth forums and I was wondering if it would be a good idea to give them their own section like the 'person above' threads do, or to put more notification on the Truth forum so people not to post them there, because by the sound of it people think that the tordONLINE is mostly for punishment finding and dares.

Might be unfeesable but I think it might help the mods and admin in the long run. Just a thought.

Dice7
01-10-2010, 07:37 PM
Can't we just go back to the good old days of really long surveys? This ask me anything fad is REALLY getting anoying. When just one person has one running its fine but when everyone wants the attention on them and you press unread posts to see a sea of ask me anything its pretty frustrating.

Look in the threads all the sex related questions are pretty much just copy/pasted from one thread to the next and the other questions are just tedious 'what did you eat for lunch' or really dumb stuff like 'what colour penguin do you want'.

Gaarrrrr

/rant

Manbearpig
01-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Here is my take on it. For the longest time the Truth or Dare online section was only used for dares. There were no truths at all ever asked. That started about a year ago. Maybe its time to add a truth section into that section. But I don't find anything wrong with them. If you look at the dares in that section, they are pretty much copied and pasted from each other, and thought actually goes into these (the truth) posts in the end. My two cents

Comeintotheparlor
01-10-2010, 08:51 PM
Can't we just go back to the good old days of really long surveys? This ask me anything fad is REALLY getting anoying. When just one person has one running its fine but when everyone wants the attention on them and you press unread posts to see a sea of ask me anything its pretty frustrating.

Look in the threads all the sex related questions are pretty much just copy/pasted from one thread to the next and the other questions are just tedious 'what did you eat for lunch' or really dumb stuff like 'what colour penguin do you want'.

Gaarrrrr

/rant
Fad? Um, last time I checked, it's Truth or Dare. Not just dare. Sure, it took awhile for people to realize that you could actually ask for truths as well, but that doesn't make it less official.

If you don't like those threads just don't read them.

There is nothing new in this world today, only old things modified. Even with books. there are finite story lines, but books are still made and read. Same with Truth.

The only thing I'd like to see changed is I wish people had more open ended questions.

Odiefrom
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
This ask me anything fad is REALLY getting anoying. When just one person has one running its fine but when everyone wants the attention on them and you press unread posts to see a sea of ask me anything its pretty frustrating.

I felt this way when the Person Above Thread got their own section, and there was a thousand and one in the unread posts; I felt I would drown in the amount. But then I realized something: suck it up, and keep scrolling down. No need to fuss when people are enjoying the site how they want to enjoy it, right? Same goes for these, IMO.

I like the idea of a section devoted to just the Ask Me Anythings. Then we could got to that section, scroll through, and see who has posted one. This also would save time organizing them from both the Truth section and the Tord Online section, as mentioned above. All in all, I feel this is a good idea.

BettyBoop
01-15-2010, 06:27 PM
I preferred it when the "Person Above Threads" got their own section, because I hated them and I can now remove all unread posts from that section.
I get people might be annoyed by the Ask Me Anything threads, but no doubt they'll die out soon, and they do fit in TorD online as they are truths.

Leopard
01-16-2010, 10:54 AM
I think that they would be neater in their own subforum, as person above has.

BettyBoop
01-16-2010, 04:16 PM
I think that they would be neater in their own subforum, as person above has.
But they are pretty much threads asking for Truths.
And it's the Truth or Dare subforum.
Why should they be moved?

Leopard
01-17-2010, 01:36 AM
Person Above are dares too. They still have their own subforum, because they're all very similar things. Then also if someone wanted to browse and ask someone something or read about people / whatever it would all be in the same subforum for easy finding. Makes sense to me. (I don't care about them being in the main tord section atm, it's just more logical to me for sorting.)

Slenderman - Doctor
01-17-2010, 11:46 AM
Person Above are dares too. They still have their own subforum, because they're all very similar things. Then also if someone wanted to browse and ask someone something or read about people / whatever it would all be in the same subforum for easy finding. Makes sense to me. (I don't care about them being in the main tord section atm, it's just more logical to me for sorting.)

I can see where you're coming from but I think the "Ask Me Anything" threads are just a phase at the minute.

The "Dare Above/Below" threads are constantly being posted in and more are being made. And whilst that's true of "Ask Me Anything", I suspect they'll die down in popularity soon.