PDA

View Full Version : Troll Problems - An open letter to all users

depp
07-18-2005, 01:36 PM
It's seems as we grow more and more popular we attract more and and more trolls. Our enlarged moderation team should help this, but we need all the help we can get. Please don't argue with the trolls. Please just ignore them. I am removing troll postings as quickly as possible daily. If we miss any please PM us. I don't mind. This is an important step in our growth.

I would also like to remind all of our members to read over our new board rules. Let's keep this place friendly and respect each other. I started getDare because all the other "Truth or Dare" websites were terrible. They were filled with pic requests and "slave" postings. getDare solves this problem by heavily moderating pic requests out of existence and keeping the whole "master/slave" thing in a separate area. We serve all the different parts of the scene in different areas. getDare is different from the other guys. We will fight the sort of filth that has taken over the other sites to the death. Please help us out.

from The Jargon File...
Troll - n.
An individual who regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that they have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, “Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll.”