PDA

View Full Version : Registration Page Names!

Powerstrip
01-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Well if your a female of this site you probably know what I'm talking about. If your username is a bit vague and could be mistaken for female you may even know it too.

Most ladies on this site get spammed with private messages begging to be a mistress, give a dare or just see some guy on cam.

I think it might be a good idea for the registration pages username input thing altered a tiny bit to have a small warning about this problem so they can at least be warned to not be too completely obvious with the name.

Obviously it won't stop this entirely, but at least for-warned is for-armed?

EDIT: Credit goes to Blank for the genius idea :D

Blank
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
^__^ just looking out for the girls lol

Mistress_
01-05-2010, 06:52 PM
:)
aww aren't my little boys nice- looking out for me xD
Thankyou sweeties

Mistress
xx

P.s Blank you can have your balls back now *hands over jar* lmfao!

Slenderman - Doctor
01-06-2010, 05:36 AM
I suppose it wouldn't be of any harm to have a suggestion/warning/thing on the sign-up page.

Woof
01-31-2010, 07:18 AM
I agree..x.x I have to clear my inbox very often cos people just keep pming me asking me to 1)be their slave,2)be their master,3)give them dares,4)watch them on cam or 5)strip on cam for them.It gets tiring after a while.

BettyBoop
01-31-2010, 10:41 AM
I agree..x.x I have to clear my inbox very often cos people just keep pming me asking me to 1)be their slave,2)be their master,3)give them dares,4)watch them on cam or 5)strip on cam for them.It gets tiring after a while.
This is the kind of thing that's going to make females not want to join in the first place. Maybe that's why there are less of us than the males.

Rallusoi
01-31-2010, 10:59 AM
I suppose it wouldn't be of any harm to have a suggestion/warning/thing on the sign-up page.

Having a warning on the sign-up page would definitely help out a lot. I did not intentionally make my username gender-nonobvious, but I think I am a person who benefits from having a non-female sounding name. I did get the random requests kittykatmeow~ talked about, but it was only occasionally. Maybe this really would help to solve the problem of having few females on forums.

softeyes
01-31-2010, 11:00 AM
This is the kind of thing that's going to make females not want to join in the first place. Maybe that's why there are less of us than the males.

*wouldn't leave the site if girls started filling his PM box up with that kinda stuff.* :p

DomRavyn
01-31-2010, 11:09 AM
i dont mean to be rude, but i noticed while signing up that there are warnings if you look for them.... first one being the fact that you must input your age into the box before sign up is initiated....

i agree that having a post about female sounding names being PM'd repeatedly is most beneficial, but also take into a count where we are currently located.... the internet is going to filled with people of all creeds and not everyone is going to be as kind to others as we all would like them to be.