PDA

View Full Version : New story layout

andrew_b
12-27-2009, 11:56 AM
What about if getdare changed the story system, so it's like the story and all the different parts are at the top and the replies and comments are below?

Slenderman - Doctor
12-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Wouldn't this be a bit complicated?

Because even if the system recognised the writer and then went to put his/her postings one after another with the other comments below, well, how would it know it's a story-posting? The writer may also post replies to comments etc. If that makes/made any sense?

I do like the idea though.

Maybe if there were an option for users (in their threads in that section only) to move posts around, or something.

Bubblegum
12-27-2009, 12:05 PM

Because even if the system recognised the writer and then went to put his/her postings one after another with the other comments below, well, how would it know it's a story-posting? The writer may also post replies to comments etc. If that makes/made any sense?

Maybe if there were an option for users (in their threads in that section only) to move posts around, or something.

I don't know if it is possible but maybe the person who makes the thread has the option to either place the post where they want to or check a box which puts the post below their original (if unchecked it would go below as normal)

andrew_b
12-28-2009, 01:15 AM

Good point Marvin, it would be complex, not even sure it's possible on a forum site but hey it's only a suggestion, maybe it is possible

depp
12-28-2009, 03:15 AM
Big changes should be coming to the story section in the next year! Your idea is good and one that will eventually be implemented. :)

urlilslave080
12-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Ohh now i am excited. Any chance for like a sneek preview.

andrew_b
12-28-2009, 07:51 AM
sweet i made a difference :D

depp
12-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Ohh now i am excited. Any chance for like a sneek preview.

There will be a preview of sorts but not for a while. The only thing I can say for sure is that changes will come sometime in the next year.

Odiefrom
12-28-2009, 07:49 PM
Ooh I'm very excited! All this talk of new makes me one very eager beaver! I just hope that when you say "sometime in the next year", you're not talking about December or something like that. That would be mean :P