PDA

View Full Version : Writer Subscription

andrew_b
12-26-2009, 11:18 AM
Why not make that anyone can subscribe to anyone's posts or even just specifically stories they write, would be a good way of people knowing when they have wrote a new one. Also maybe get a private message informing you of new stories or posts on the story, i know it's possible to subscribe to a thread but i think a writer subscription could be useful.

Anyone think this is a good idea?

Nick
12-26-2009, 12:00 PM
That would indeed be cool. But it could be annoying if you got updates for EVERY post on a story. You'd think there was a new part but instead it's just someone else commenting saying they like the story.

And I assume It might (maybe not) be difficult to have you subscribe to a certain thread but just the posts of a single person (aka in this case the writer). But even they don't always post parts of their story everytime they post.

Maybe if there was a "notify subscribers" button for story posts when the writer adds a new part, lol.

BettyBoop
12-26-2009, 06:07 PM
I think this would be cool but I reckon some people would use it just to stalk people's posts, if you were subscribed to every post and not just ones in the stories section.

andrew_b
12-27-2009, 11:55 AM
What about if getdare changed the story system, so it's like the story and all the different parts are at the top and the replies and comments are below, i'm gonna make another seperate thread for this :P. If we had this system then you could be informed of just the new parts added to stories rather then every post.