PDA

View Full Version : too many guests

kate
12-24-2009, 04:16 PM
every time i log in to getdare, i check who is online. it always says like 4 users and idk 16 guests. can we get a way to make everyone who is on getdare a user??? it would benifit the guests too being able to post what they want like comments.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-24-2009, 04:18 PM
every time i log in to getdare, i check who is online. it always says like 4 users and idk 16 guests. can we get a way to make everyone who is on getdare a user??? it would benifit the guests too being able to post what they want like comments.

You mean ... let lurkers/non-users post stuff?

Wouldn't that just lead to spam and stuff? If people want to post, they have to sign up and read the rules. Otherwise, anyone could be posting. And how would you ban them? It'd just be mental imo o_O

BettyBoop
12-24-2009, 04:19 PM
I was thinking that, on the "Who's online" list out of about 8 pages only 2 and a 1/2 were members. People should join, it isn't that hard and you can do much more. I don't think guests should be allowed to post comments, it'd end up with spam and then there'd be no reason for people to join.

Slenderman - Doctor
12-24-2009, 04:20 PM
I was thinking that, on the "Who's online" list out of about 8 pages only 2 and a 1/2 were members. People should join, it isn't that hard and you can do much more.

I would suggest a "show active/online users only" for the "Who's Online" bit, but then... well, why can't you just view the first 2/3 pages which has users on it? Nobody's making you read through all the guests on pages 4, 5, 6 etc.

+ It only takes people, what, 4/5 minutes to sign up.

kate
12-25-2009, 06:58 PM
no i dont mean to let guestts post. i mean that guests shouldn't be allowed on getdare unless they have signed up. marvin, you are right. it only took me 5 minutes to join. I'm upset since more than half the people here aren't members and don't contribute to making dares.

BettyBoop
12-25-2009, 08:37 PM
no i dont mean to let guestts post. i mean that guests shouldn't be allowed on getdare unless they have signed up. marvin, you are right. it only took me 5 minutes to join. I'm upset since more than half the people here aren't members and don't contribute to making dares.
But then people will never sign up as they wont know what it is they are signing up for.

Odiefrom
12-25-2009, 08:58 PM
Maybe have select portions of the site on display to the guests and say "Sign up to recieve access to ______".

But that's just to help the discussion. I personally think that things are fine as they are.